the setting?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Hi Guys,

I have got Windows XP Home Edition (SP2). I installed Audacity –1.2.2. I tried to record my voice with the Headphone Mic and tried to hear its output voice. But it did not work. How to solve it?

saqib_khan

I M A *STAR*
First check if ur headphone mic is working or not by sound recorder(in Accessories). Can u hear ur voice by recording in sound recorder?

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
First check if ur headphone mic is working or not by sound recorder(in Accessories). Can u hear ur voice by recording in sound recorder?

Yes, you are right,my sound recorder does not work. Is there any way to uninstall the software and reinstall it with the help of my ORIGINAL Windows XP Home Edition(SP2)CD or via Internet. Your detailed reply,please.

Amir.php

Flying Visitor
Goto control pannel> sound and Audio devices.
Double click and open it.
Now click on voice tab.
In the voice recording Click on Test hardware> next for testing you hardware.
Follow the instructions here by speaking in your mike.
Also make sure that mike volume is set to full by clicking volume button.
After finishing try your software and sound recorder.
One thing more, You can not uninstall Sound recorder : it is windows property.

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Goto control pannel> sound and Audio devices.
Double click and open it.
Now click on voice tab.
In the voice recording Click on Test hardware> next for testing you hardware.
Follow the instructions here by speaking in your mike.
Also make sure that mike volume is set to full by clicking volume button.
After finishing try your software and sound recorder.
One thing more, You can not uninstall Sound recorder : it is windows property.

Hi Guys,

I did as per your instructions, but there was no output of voice. I think it is the sound recorder software problem. How to correct it?

delscarlet

Right off the assembly line
Hi Guys,

I did as per your instructions, but there was no output of voice. I think it is the sound recorder software problem. How to correct it?

Dude, You can't uninstall sound recorder. It comes in-built with the OS.. You should check your hardware..e.g. your microphone.. probably it's not working at all.. try another mic.. BoL..

:smile:

OP
K

kumarn_2004

In the zone
Dude, You can't uninstall sound recorder. It comes in-built with the OS.. You should check your hardware..e.g. your microphone.. probably it's not working at all.. try another mic.. BoL..

:smile:

Hi Guys,

I checked everything and understood that it was the Software problem not Hardware problem. Any way to correct it or can I use any other software for voice recording purpose other than the sound recorder on Windows XP Home Edition?

Disc_Junkie

Call me D_J!
1.Go to Control panel and check in the Voice Tab if your Sound Device is selected.

2. Slide up the volume bar in the recording tab in Volume Control.

3. Do this also in Audacity.

4. Other softwares you can try is AV Music Morpher or Nero Wave Editor

Dark Core

Freak Beta 1
It's a mess of driver problem, uninstall the driver and reinstall it, I suggest u to stick with Audacity coz it won't cost u a penny..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom