The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

ujjwal007

Lost in games
guys, reduce the shadow details to medium, it improves fps. also try out saints row the third...

my shadows are off from starting lol. still getting 25 fps on high settings on icenhancer 5-6 fps less! but its more fun there and temps never crossed 88 in 1.5 hour of gameplay i played at nite and on original game temp easily reach 93

hhh

Broken In
^^But No game can beat Customization and Fun like in GTA IV and GTA SA

True man !!! GTA SA is the craziest game played by me ever and i am desperate to try GTA IV :p .... coz of which i wanted to buy this laptop
but unfortunately:
1. It has heating and throttling problems :( with this game.
2. The productivity of this laptop is very less.... guess SAMSUNG never expected that this lappy will sell @this rate.

Few days back only on snapdeal, it was available for 56.8k... Now there also it is unavailable, invisible from fosila & few other websites as well :(
No other site i can find it with COD option and reasonable amount. I tried couple of dealers also two weeks back. They did not have the stock and the situation is still the same. The ones who have the stock are asking for crazy money like 59k with bag.

Guy please help I am from bangalore, any dealer/website who can offer reasonable. I am open for a suggestion of an alternative option
too.. similar config. with a budget within 60k

Thanks for your reply's in advance.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
by dan4u - "in samsung website select dealer locator (link) and choose bangalore, you will get tons of dealers. call them up and ask if the model is available"

pratyush997

Inactive
@hhh:-do u really wanna get this lappy even after knowing that 40% of owners are facing overheating/throttling and some of em also got refund!...I personally know 5 of em

hhh

Broken In
Already tried it... :(
They say its currently not there in stock, so will make it available in few days and call back.. but never call... and the one's who say it is available quote really high..

@hhh:-do u really wanna get this lappy even after knowing that 40% of owners are facing overheating/throttling and some of em also got refund!...I personally know 5 of em

I know ... but is there any other option ??? as i cannot go for desktops..

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Already tried it... :(
They say its currently not there in stock, so will make it available in few days and call back.. but never call... and the one's who say it is available quote really high..

I know ... but is there any other option ??? as i cannot go for desktops..

I7 version is quad core so don't expect it will run at 80C temps, better go for I5 version, because i witnessed there is only a 5fps gain between I5 version and I7 version. and your if work includes using maya, MATLAB, and C5 extended then I7 is good.

hhh

Broken In
I7 version is quad core so don't expect it will run at 80C temps, better go for I5 version, because i witnessed there is only a 5fps gain between I5 version and I7 version. and your if work includes using maya, MATLAB, and C5 extended then I7 is good.

Thanks for your reply RON :)
I wanna buy i7 only so that i should not face any issue for at-least next 2-3 years.

@pratyush & all: Can a good cooling pad helps regarding the overheating bit ???

How about this lappy Asus N56VZ, the price in india is way too high about 71k... not sure about the availability. Is it worth the cost???

rider

as Kratos
rider you know 1 starnge thing happened with me...while playing without icenhancer max temp were 94 and with playing icenhancer max temp were 88 i played 40-50 mins!

Don't keep looking temperatures all the time or you will be obsessed and worry all the time. We paid lots of money to enjoy gaming not for reviewing and keeping eyes on temp all the time. icenhancer is highly not recommended to play on laptops, I played GTA IV on my desktop with icenhancer years ago on HD 5770, the graphics looks over shiny, fake and everything looks weird and unreal. Respect the original real graphics by rockstar animators and play on official patch 1.0.7.0 by rockstar, you will get much better fps without icehnacer.

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@hhh: yes cooling pad does control temps a bit and that bit is not more than 5C. Its totally depend on the surroundings temp of laptop. And that could you mention the specs of Asus 71k, I saw on official Asus but there are many varients.

:wave: hi rider

hhh

Broken In
@hhh: yes cooling pad does control temps a bit and that bit is not more than 5C. Its totally depend on the surroundings temp of laptop. And that could you mention the specs of Asus 71k, I saw on official Asus but there are many varients.

:wave: hi rider

Visit the link Asus N56VZ-DS71 Price in India & Specifications
Not sure about the availability in india still...

ratul

█████████████████
Visit the link Asus N56VZ-DS71 Price in India & Specifications
Not sure about the availability in india still...

this model won't be available in <₹90k acc to me..
ASUS's N55SL with a 635m and 768p cost more than ₹75k, so N56VZ has to be more expensive than this..
why don't you try Inspiron 15r SE i7 1080p???

Last edited:

vigneshn92

Broken In
hey guys , here' somethin.a few days back some 1 posted a link 4 a review on notebook review of the np550, though it had a gt630m gfx card. the temps were as high as the one on full load (about 95 deg) but they experienced absolutely no throttling at all, where as the 17 incher with gt 650 m experienced throttling. so could the gfx card (maybe beta drivers) be causing the problem cause for one, v can definitely say that it aint the processor or the temps thats causing the throttling .

rider

as Kratos
^^No bro! Refund is only way left!!..will get my rig (this)

Man, Samsung should give other laptop in replacement. I remember once my friend new dv6 having webcam issue, he told hp customer care after 10 days of use. And hp replaced his laptop with a new one.

Top Bottom