The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

demolisher48

Journeyman
Just got its i5 version and OMG it has 2 spots of dead pixels on the screen. I don't wanna take it to service center because I have heard that they replace the factory screen with a screen that is far low quality than that of the original one (though I have never myself dropped any sort of stuff on Samsung SC here in Srinagar).
OMG I'm ruined :(

comeon man thats just 2 pixels

avj

Broken In
hey guys...sorry i played gta 4 last nite for 2 hours..!! max temp were 94 on first try and then after second attemt its 94 too and on third time the max temp was 86 and gpu is 76 and also..guys temp. in my city is 28-32 and also.. when i m playing gta 4 i putted the laptop on my lap. nearly blocked the vent the game play was butter smooth no throttling and nthg!! just i got 30fps only in high settings i though i could play it in very high settings on fps but on very high settings it gives 10-13 fps only :( but i m much happy with overall performance.... :D here is a list if anybody cares

bully 2 hours = max temp.75
burnout paradise = max temp. 70 or less i think
virtual tennis 4 = max temp. 65
bus driver = max temp. 60
roller coaster tycoon 3 = max temp. 63
gta 4 = max temp. 94
and on normal surfing , music, movies , online games temps were - 50 or 52 not more then thin and idle temp is 48 and idle gpu temp is 40 :D
this machine is not build for gta 4 i guess just my opinion everything works amazing! anyways gta 4 on high settings @ 900p it was too fun!! i will play for sure!!
i m happy with my purchase!! i normally use my laptop on bed and my lap! hardly used it on table! and yeah! when playing gta4 temp were 94 but i cannot feel even a little heat on my touchpad and keys all remains cool!! just vent got very hot my old laptop touchpad is like burning when cross 80 temps!!

and yeah i have everything on maxed out! 1600x900
i easily get 45+ fps in gta 4 with very high settings!! but my temps reach 92C.....may b ur gpu isnt working to its full potential

TheSloth

The Slowest One
yeah. i know throttle stop will work. but to get to the root of problem someone with proper knowledge of voltage tweaking should try and see the result. Don't ask how it will help to know about the actual problem.

and throttle 5.0 is beta. is it safe to use?

RON28

Cyborg Agent
Just got its i5 version and OMG it has 2 spots of dead pixels on the screen. I don't wanna take it to service center because I have heard that they replace the factory screen with a screen that is far low quality than that of the original one (though I have never myself dropped any sort of stuff on Samsung SC here in Srinagar).
OMG I'm ruined :(
just replace the model, come on don't be scared, you didn't stole anything, you paid 50k hard earned money, even if it has one dead pixel, replace it, because its not your fault.

Suhail Malik

Broken In
Ohh man....loads of post nd loads of new owners too :) :)

Dude.......... will u b satisfied if u had such machine. ?

BTW hw to detect 2 dead pixels......... should I take magnifying glasses...!!! :|

magnifying glass lol....
btw refer to context i said 2 spots of dead pixels nd not just 2 pixels. There are many pixels in these two spots which cause a lot of unsatisfaction...

Ive contacted Samsung people nd they said they are gonna check my laptop for any issue. So after Eid i am gonna take the machine fr checkup :)

ujjwal007

Lost in games
i easily get 45+ fps in gta 4 with very high settings!! but my temps reach 92C.....may b ur gpu isnt working to its full potential

bro. yeah some others getting 40fps too! in very high settings but why the hell i m getting just 22-30 fps in high settings and when i try to play on very high settings fps drops to 10-12 gameplay is too much laggy :( yeah bro my temps also reached 94 in only gta 4 i m satisfied with everything else!! guys please give me ideas how to get increase the gpu potential to max? i just wish to play that bloody game on max settings! we both have same machine and i m getting -20fps in just high settings from other owners? i guess i have to change some settings and all!! i have not installed any drivers yet guys?? help!!

TheSloth

The Slowest One
ok then go in nVidia Control Panel and set explicitly GTAIV to use GT650M. If this didnt work then i do not know.

dan4u

Took Off!!!
A lot of the problems is not because of the graphic card alone, GTA iv is a very crappy port, see if you've installed the latest patch, maybe disable dx11. In batman arkham city if you enable dx11, you'll get very crappy fps, even if you have a monster of a gaming rig, that's cause batman works better on Physx and not dx11. I'd mentioned earlier that I couldn't launch "saints row the third" with the beta gpu driver, and I had to rollback to the stock gpu driver, so each game has its own preferable settings, tweak around a bit, see what works....and also trying to play at 900p in high settings can be asking for too much (in certain demanding games, not all), remember most laptops still come with 720p, I'd recommend reducing the settings and play at 900p, or play in high settings at 720p. but 900p, reduced settings look better than 720p high settings.....

ujjwal007

Lost in games
A lot of the problems is not because of the graphic card alone, GTA iv is a very crappy port, see if you've installed the latest patch, maybe disable dx11. In batman arkham city if you enable dx11, you'll get very crappy fps, even if you have a monster of a gaming rig, that's cause batman works better on Physx and not dx11. I'd mentioned earlier that I couldn't launch "saints row the third" with the beta gpu driver, and I had to rollback to the stock gpu driver, so each game has its own preferable settings, tweak around a bit, see what works....and also trying to play at 900p in high settings can be asking for too much (in certain demanding games, not all), remember most laptops still come with 720p, I'd recommend reducing the settings and play at 900p, or play in high settings at 720p. but 900p, reduced settings look better than 720p high settings.....
you know bro.. i even reduced the display to even 720p no fps change you know? im shocked it dont create any diff whether ur playing on 900p or 720p or even lower :/ when game starts i got 45 fps then suddenly after 2-3 mins fps drop to 25 and then from tat time i got only 20-30 fps! pratyush is rite it automatically underclocks the cpu and gpu which cause fps drops the game was still smooth after 22 fps so it underclocks and thus causing throttling this game is very poor port this is the only game is creating problem and you know this is the only game which i love to play when i purchased the lappy ugh :evil:

dan4u

Took Off!!!
^^ yea I know, it sucks....try out saints row the third, it can't beat gta, but its still fun to play...

and to those who think this laptop has a heating problem, please understand that its common with all ivy bridge laptops, even alienware M14x heats upto 94c under heavy load.....very demanding games like gta iv, bf3,will increase the temps....but games like batman, fifa, nfs won't cause such high temps....

Top Bottom