The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

far

Keep Going!
Hahaha, nice. lets see if your lappy gonna cry or come out happy ;)

I checked out the pics. Thank god the vents are on side. If they were on bottom then it would have been unbearable on a lap cuz of temps.

you are definitely after somthing..aren't you?...
lets just wait for har to benchmark this in a couple of days...not make any assumptions right now...:p
we think you feel that you have pushed the panic button on the inspiron too early and just hoping samsung has something real bad in this model...:)

RON28

Cyborg Agent
i think heating causes because of driver issue...gt 630m is stable because it is renamed GT 540M...GT 640M and GT650M are launched in march..correct me if im wrong...so driver support is in beta version, may be they will release stable version in a month :razz:

so till then we can game on it lightly with listening music and watching movies on a 300 nit matte display ;)

my dream is to play Fear game on full sound at night around 2am on this JBL speaker when there is no one at home ;)

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman
Has anyone here ordered the i7 variant?

I've read about certain throttling issues (even though they may be driver dependent), but they seem to have been minimized/non existent on the i5 models.

I'm really confused between the 15R SE top model, and the Samsung Series 5 i7 variant.

If someone has ordered/already received an i7 (or i5 for that matter) variant and could do a review ASAP it would be much appreciated.

This thread and the 14/15R SE one have been really helpful. Thanks a lot ! :mrgreen:

OP
har

har

In the zone
i think heating causes because of driver issue...gt 630m is stable because it is renamed GT 540M...GT 640M and GT650M are launched in march..correct me if im wrong...so driver support is in beta version, may be they will release stable version in a month :razz:

so till then we can game on it lightly with listening music and watching movies on a 300 nit matte display ;)

my dream is to play Fear game on full sound at night around 2am on this JBL speaker when there is no one at home ;)

Yep only Beta drivers out.

F.E.A.R at night :twisted::twisted: but no backlit keyboard. Try dead space 2. Nearly wet my pants :p

abhishekmaha

Broken In
har, when is the laptop going to come???

I cant wait for pics and review...the thread is getting boring now:-(:-(:-(

Please try to get it tomorrow...:twisted::twisted:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
First tell me why you are in this thread, you already order your laptop and diverting here new buyers

Everyone is allowed to post anything, anywhere. You're not here to define the rules.

Then, is it better to buy the laptop right now and wait for drivers, or should we buy it only after some drivers are released?

Hey, let's wait for a proper review by member har before we make any assumptions....that will clear all doubts....

Its most probably driver issue, so waiting for a proper review won't hurt. :)

They said the said 90's temp is normal for ivy bridge

If a CPU/GPU's normal temp is above de facto standards, then that doesn't meant its correct. Whatever be the reason, but temps are obviously on the higher side. As said, drivers are supposed to be the culprit, which hopefully you'll be the first one to clear out. ;)

rider

as Kratos
Everyone is allowed to post anything, anywhere. You're not here to define the rules.

I'm not anything saying about rules, I know everyone is free to say anything he wants, I was just friendly asking to him, not saying not to write anything here, understood.. read my next comments.
Stop pulling me with half quotes.

We already discussed about no driver issues in some other thread and he is diverting new buyers with that.

Last edited:

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
I'm not anything saying about rules, I know everyone is free to say anything he wants, .. read my next comments.
Stop pulling me with half quotes.

Your way of conveying the message was sending a wrong thought, that's it. :)

I was just friendly asking to him, not saying not to write anything here, understood

And what does this implies? Why would you ask someone on the first hand to post here or not? This is not friendliness.

rider

as Kratos
Your way of conveying the message was sending a wrong thought, that's it. :)

And what does this implies? Why would you ask someone on the first hand to post here or not? This is not friendliness.

As you can read he is kinda jealous or confused about this laptop, he ordered a dell inspiron 15r special edition, he is kinda diverting new buyer buyers by saying it has issues in gaming thats is actually issue regarding to driver that we discussed on some other thread but he is still recalling and making false issues. In the end the way he conveyed and used offensive language was bad. I was controlling him.
Read again properly I didnt said anything about to post here or not, you are taking in totally negative sense, asking someone like this comes in friendliness.

Digital Fragger

A Functioning God
reading few posts on this page, this doesn't appear like a samsung laptop thread. :p

this is definitely a vfm machine. still waiting for the dv6 with 650m to be announced though. :wink:

any idea what will be the performance difference between the ddr3 and gddr5 gt650m cards? :-?

vds5344

Broken In
who cares about anything else now! Really nice at 50k but these compusoft ship anywhere? I too think to talk to parents

rider

as Kratos
reading few posts on this page, this doesn't appear like a samsung laptop thread. :p

this is definitely a vfm machine. still waiting for the dv6 with 650m to be announced though. :wink:

any idea what will be the performance difference between the ddr3 and gddr5 gt650m cards? :-?

Yea, we guys are still waiting for the first buyer in this thread so it not kinda started yet. Better to wait for the proper review by TDF user.
GT 650M is totally an excellent GPU for mediocre gaming, in performance definitely DDR5 version will perform better. DDR3 are not bad it comes in VFM samsung laptops

gunner_kanishk

Journeyman

The dv6 7040tx with less RAM and less HDD space, and the GT 630M, was at a higher price than the 15R SE which beats it in all aspects.

I can't see the new dv6 being in the 60k range.

Top Bottom