The Samsung Series 5 550P Laptops Thread

TheSloth

The Slowest One
@Subhrajit: Use HWMonitor to check temps. And CPU max temps is 105C but when yours cross 100C then call customer service. GPU max I am not sure, may be 90C. And don't bother about min temps.

sj2202

Broken In
First Thanks to This Thread Participents for So many help to choosing Sammy NP550P:-> i7 3630QM Quad(8 Threads w/ HT) , 8GB DDR3 RAM, NVIDIA GT 650M 2GB, 1TB HDD 5400RPM, 1600x900 Matte display, JBL 3 (2.1).

I brought S03 Last Night . I want to test If it has heating issue or Not , Tell me wich game gave more load to The machine

How to Test Notebook Temrature cpu , Gpu ,HDD? And what are the Maximum and minimum Temparatures to called heating issue or not.

Congratz Subhrajit!!..
You can try games like GTA 4,Max Payne 3,Crysis 2,Skyrim,NFS:MW(2012),Witcher 2,etc...but remember to keep your laptop nicely ventilated by either using 2 books method or a laptop cooler.
Happy gaming!!.. :)

saurabhraipur19

Right off the assembly line
please reply guys.Its urgent

Guys i have been following this post from page on.I have decided to go for S03/S04

Please tell me about heating issue of this laptop while playing medium graphics game like Bioshock 1,mafia 2 for 3-4 hrs on the go.

what were the max temperature for these medium graphics game when playing for 3-5 hrs continuously while plugged in.
this will be the deal breaker between samsung and inspiron15r turbo for me

duriel

Broken In
Hi, a quick question. Anyone running win8 pro 64 bit, which nvidia version are you using? I downloaded 306.97, but when I try to install it, it says not compatible hardware could be found. The reason I am trying to update is because games on steam are crashing with "r6016 not enough space space for thread data". So if anyone else using steam, which version of nvidia driver do you have?

dan4u

Took Off!!!
Guys new BIOS is available P07AAA

Hi, a quick question. Anyone running win8 pro 64 bit, which nvidia version are you using? I downloaded 306.97, but when I try to install it, it says not compatible hardware could be found. The reason I am trying to update is because games on steam are crashing with "r6016 not enough space space for thread data". So if anyone else using steam, which version of nvidia driver do you have?

I'm using 306.97, try installing it again. there is no need to remove the old driver to install a new one (unless you are installing an older driver).....did you use SW update or manually downloaded 306.97??

duriel

Broken In
My mistake, I downloaded desktop version drivers (650) instead of notebook ones (650M). Actually the version I had previously was 310.xx (beta??), I don't know how it got installed, may be windows update/SW Update. Otherwise, I haven't manually fiddled with any drivers since I installed windows 8.

Ok, so uninstalled the old one and installed the latest recommended driver for 650M, that is 306.97, but still I get the issue. The only two non-Valve games I have in Steam are Dead Island and Fear 3. I haven't been able to start Fear 3 past the menus, while dead island crashes when playing in co-op mode (both crash with r6016 error). I have tried disabling "Enable Steam Community In-Game", also tried adding -d3d9 option to the games to force directx 9, since I heard lot of games don't run with dx11 cards by default. No luck.

At this point, I think I need to get more system data for the issue to be able to get any solution. I will look into in the next few days and see whats up with it. Thanks.

Cyborgz

Broken In
Re: please reply guys.Its urgent

Guys i have been following this post from page on.I have decided to go for S03/S04

Please tell me about heating issue of this laptop while playing medium graphics game like Bioshock 1,mafia 2 for 3-4 hrs on the go.

what were the max temperature for these medium graphics game when playing for 3-5 hrs continuously while plugged in.

Yes. I am about to purchase this laptop s03in by tmrw for 59K instead of Dell inspiron 15R Turbo (65K). Can anyone experienced the heating problem or Throttle Problem? How would be battery life

s03in Users, Can you please share your Experience and Feedback with us. It would be more helpfull.

Thanks,
Cyborgz

asher

Broken In
guys any idea about the black value,brighness(cd/m2) and contrast ratio of so2 or s03.i heard the brighness is not upto the mark.

dr230

guys any idea about the black value,brighness(cd/m2) and contrast ratio of so2 or s03.i heard the brighness is not upto the mark.

I bought my NP550P back in may and was aware that the screen wasn't its strong point but hoped it would be good enough. However I find the black levels and flat color well below expectations (I dont know the exact ratings -sorry). I have recently upgraded my screen as I really like this laptop and considering I only paid £750 with vat back I went ahead and got a full HD replacement screen.

Its not the best vid unfortunately as I used a Iphone to video the new screen. Although i think the difference in contrast and colour is obvious enough.

Samsung NP550P7c 1080p screen upgrade - YouTube

David

z123x

i hav 3 recovery partitions (500mb,23gb,1gb) , 1 efi system partition and 1 c drive of 900gb.
cud some1 pls help me abt wht i shud do..keep all 3 recovery partitions or remove some...
and wht is this efi system partition?
i want 3 main partitions(1 c drive 100gb , n 2 othr drives). pls wht shud i do?

asher

Broken In
I bought my NP550P back in may and was aware that the screen wasn't its strong point but hoped it would be good enough. However I find the black levels and flat color well below expectations (I dont know the exact ratings -sorry). I have recently upgraded my screen as I really like this laptop and considering I only paid £750 with vat back I went ahead and got a full HD replacement screen.

Its not the best vid unfortunately as I used a Iphone to video the new screen. Although i think the difference in contrast and colour is obvious enough.

Samsung NP550P7c 1080p screen upgrade - YouTube

David
ty for the reply mate.... so my info ws correct screen is not upto the mark....
how much did it cost for the upgrade and any throttling issues??

anyway a grt idea and came out well,cheers mate.
P.S why is ur model 550p7c.

saurabhraipur19

@ pratyush997 @Swapnil26sps @dan4u and other active members

Please tell me about heating issue of this laptop while playing medium graphics game like Bioshock 1,mafia 2,diablo3 for 3-4 hrs on the go.

pratyush997

Inactive

Please tell me about heating issue of this laptop while playing medium graphics game like Bioshock 1,mafia 2,diablo3 for 3-4 hrs on the go.

gta iv on high med for 4-5 hrs.. Max temps:- 93C

TheSloth

The Slowest One

sorry bro i don't have these games. But i played GRID for around 3hrs, the max temp was 87(not sure, played long ago). But i am sure i never crossed 90. But the thing is, i don't play BF3 and MP3 kind of games which strain GPU CPU more. others can tell you more precisely about temps while playing these games.

Top Bottom