The RPG Thread.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My favorite is Fallout 3. Still can't find any game (IMO) with similar awesomeness in gameplay and story.

same here ;-)

1. Fallout 3
2. Fallout New Vegas

3. The Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind
4. The Elder Scrolls 4 Oblivion
5. The Elder Scrolls 5 Skyrim
6. Dragon Age Origins
7. Dragon Age 2
8. Mass Effect
9. Mass Effect 2
10. Mass Effect 3
11. Never Winter Nights 2
12. Borderlands
13. STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl
14. STALKER Clear Sky
15. STALKER Call of Pripyat

finished all of the bold marked games and they were all good - time to play / finish the others ;-)

gameranand

Living to Play
same here ;-)

finished all of the bold marked games and they were all good - time to play / finish the others ;-)

A suggestion. Start with Dragon Age Origins. You won't regret that and also it would be nice change from lone fighting as in the games you have finished except ME2.

nims11

BIOS Terminator
oye!good to see a PSP gamer like me:-D
your love for FF7 is apparent .we don't get to see guys with Vincent Valentine as avatar pic these days.....

Happy with my PSP, There are still plenty of cool RPGs left in PSP (Plus the classic PS RPGs) that i can survive on for few more years.

Tachyon1986

In the zone
EDIT : Oops , didn't notice Desmond had replied. Well, I've actually played the game, so here's my 2 cents on it

Desmond, have you played Arena? People say the world was bigger than that of Oblivion and Skyrim and even Morrowind. Is it true?

Correction , Daggerfall has the biggest gameworld. It's..insanely huge. I've played it and I still can't believe they managed to cram all of that into the game. That game was so big I could never finish it. So much to do lol , like summoning Daedra on specific days.... I can't finish the list.

From wiki:

Bethesda claims that the scale of the game is equal to twice the size of Great Britain: around 487,000 square kilometers. The game world features over 15,000 towns, cities, villages, and dungeons for the player's character to explore. According to Todd Howard, Game Director and Executive Producer for Bethesda Game Studios, the game's sequel, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind, is 0.01% the size of Daggerfall, but it should be noted most of Daggerfall's terrain was randomly generated. Vvardenfell, the explorable part of Morrowind in the third game has 10 square miles (25.9 square kilometers).The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion has approximately 16 square miles (41.4 square kilometers) to explore.In Daggerfall, there are 750,000+ non-player characters (NPCs) for the player to interact with, compared to the count of around 1,000 NPCs found in Morrowind and Oblivion. However, the geography and the characters in these later games are much more detailed.

487,000 Square kilometres??? Dragonborn says "FUS-RO-:shock:" to that.

Again from wiki, here's the gameworld. Each province is highlighted , and they have like umpteen towns/dungeons in each one of them. While playing, I had some quests that send you to a different province , like rescuing a kidnapped child. So you can imagine the epic scale of it all.

*upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/00/Daggerfall2.png

But the distinction for largest gameworld would probably go to the following games - Frontier and it's sequel Frontier : First Encounters.

Oh , I also forgot to mention this RPG :

Star Wars : Knights of the Old Republic

Last edited:
Top Bottom