The RMA Experience Thread

sumonpathak

knocking on heavens door
anther one bites the dust :p
GIAGBYTE Z68X-UD4 RMA Woes
although the board was very good but it was taken out by a phantom power surge:(
i will miss that board:(
hopefully the new one will be better:p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
My Dell 1910-IN 19" crashed. When i went to shop they told me to call Dell customer care.
I made a call, he asked me to send invoice and my address via e-mail.
I got new Monitor as replacement within 4 days at my home:toast:

(that crashed monitor made me join TDF, and was my first thread.)

nice experience - all others ( manufacturers ) should learn from this ;-)

^ Lucky You....
Yeap lucky man

Congrats :) Dell has always been good at RMA and service support! :thumbs:
btw good to know ur reason for joining TDF, its interesting ;)

You are lucky. ;)
And so are you. Dell's after service always rocks.:cool:

thanks guys ;-)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Gave my Bricked D-Link DSL-2730U for RMA, 2 days for minor problem and 7 days for major problem.

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!
^^ LOL, you should have given it to RMA after 2 days of minor problem & not waiting for 7 days of major problem. ;)

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Gave my Bricked D-Link DSL-2730U for RMA, 2 days for minor problem and 7 days for major problem.

Called the service center . they told its a major problem and they have sent it to the HO, its gonna take 15 days!! :|

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got my 2TB WD Green replaced. Gone for RMA on 19th August. The product pickup date was given on 25th, but was picked 2 days earlier. The new unit was delivered on 2nd September and reached me yesterday. Pretty good, hassle-free experience what is my first claim of warranty in life.

WD gets a thumbs up. :thumbs:

One weird thing, the new drive got registered on WD site with full 3 years warranty. ;)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i have to RMA my gpu as i get BSODs or crashes during gaming. i contacted smc and they replied me with this -

Dear Sir,

Please ship the defective unit to us. Our address is as follows:

B-10, Meghdoot Building (94)

Nehru Place

New Delhi – 1100019

T: 011-26293001 / 2

M: (0)9212529161

E: sales@smcinternational.in

Please note that the RMA process may take up to 10-15 days. Please enclose a copy of your original purchase invoice along with the card. Please send us the tracking details of the package once you have shipped it.

Thank you for your time. Have a nice day. J

Best regards,

Team SMC

will ship it today or Monday.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Instead of sending ur GPU to SMC why dont you take it Aditya Infotech in ur city. They are the distributors of Sapphire products in India and will surely RMA ur GPU.

Even if ur Corsair PSU has any problems you can take it to them for RMA.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The 8600GT went Kaput again ( the warranty is expired on 4th of this month ) - gave it to a friend to use instead of his Leadtek NVIDIA 6800GS 256MB which is still working. and this 8600GT 256MB worked for the least time before it went kaput - on a close observation I found that the clock generator used on the gfx card is just too old though the card and box content looked to be new but actually they are not.

The End Summary : The gfx cards XFX send here for RMA purpose is very bad and that's why not a single RMAed 8600GT worked for more than a month ( except the first one ) - I've spent a lot of my precious time to RMA this XFX 8600GT 256MB again and again but never be able to get a another model ( but those might be bad too ) due to Rashi as they have all the bad XFX 8600GT 256MBs made in the whole world in their stock - I would not like anyone to have the same experience like this - so future buyers should stay away from XFX gfx cards IMO.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Raised RMA request for APC 1.1KvA UPS today (12Sep, 2011). ()

Received replacement today (14Sep, 2011).
Reason: UPS was giving less backup.
Service: Very good :mrgreen:

It's on charging now. Will post observations later, if any.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
APC's service is exemplary. They don't even ask for bills etc. Guess, others have a lot to learn from them.

insaneYLN

In the zone
Hello Friends, a couple of quick questions.
Does Western Digital offer International Warranty? The reason i ask this, perhaps naive question is because i have a 1TB USB 3.0 My Passport Essential SE portable drive & i am scheduled to leave for England in October.
So, in case a problem arises, can i claim an RMA in the U.K. The drive was purchased in India & has been sent for RMA once due to occurrence of bad sectors (logical issue).

Also, would you recommend the aforementioned drive to future buyers? Is it better to stick to a USB 2.0 portable drive for a user who has a motherboard which has no native support for USB 3.0?
I personally have a Gigabyte GA-M61-PME-S2P (rev. 1.0) motherboard, so do any of you reckon that i am bound to face "logical issues" such as bad sectors in the future?

Sorry for posting this here. Superiors, please move this post to a desired category if it belongs elsewhere.

Thank you & awaiting your apt replies.
:)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i have to RMA my gpu as i get BSODs or crashes during gaming. i contacted smc and they replied me with this -

will ship it today or Monday.

got this on monday -

Dear Sir,

The defective graphics card that you had sent to us was deposited for an RMA at the Sapphire service center on Friday. It may take a while.

Best regards,

Team SMC

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
update on 01-10-2011 -

dear sir,

congratulations! Your rma’ed product(s) have been successfully re-dispatched. The tracking details for the rma shipment are as follows:

· dispatched on 29-sep-2011 via blazeflash couriers ltd.

· docket number:

· may be tracked here: Blazeflash Couriers Ltd.

please do notify us as, and when you receive your package. In case you face any issues, please contact us.

best regards,

team smc

So sapphire service and smc support gets a thumbs up from me :doublethumb::doublethumb:
waiting for package now.

Last edited:

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
The 8600GT went Kaput again ( the warranty is expired on 4th of this month ) - gave it to a friend to use instead of his Leadtek NVIDIA 6800GS 256MB which is still working. and this 8600GT 256MB worked for the least time before it went kaput - on a close observation I found that the clock generator used on the gfx card is just too old though the card and box content looked to be new but actually they are not.

The End Summary : The gfx cards XFX send here for RMA purpose is very bad and that's why not a single RMAed 8600GT worked for more than a month ( except the first one ) - I've spent a lot of my precious time to RMA this XFX 8600GT 256MB again and again but never be able to get a another model ( but those might be bad too ) due to Rashi as they have all the bad XFX 8600GT 256MBs made in the whole world in their stock - I would not like anyone to have the same experience like this - so future buyers should stay away from XFX gfx cards IMO.

You were so honest and persistent in your approach. Sorry hear this happened.
Sad.
:(

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
No1 uses the word "Congratulations" when the RMA process was successful. Then again smooth and hassle-less replacement (not repair) is somewhat of a "mega-bumper prize" as many have a very very long way to go in that department.

Top Bottom