The Photography Thread

icebags

Technomancer
agreed ! it took me more than an hour to catch one single good firecracker foto the night after diwali.
anywhere i was looking for firecracker to show up, ppl were firing from every direction else. :-o

i will process that foto a lil bit and upload it then.

toofan

Technomancer
happy diwali to all of you friends.

Some awesome shots by All of you.

welcome Faun to this thread.

Friends posting some shots for C & C. Thanks.

*img573.imageshack.us/img573/6928/dsc1744.jpg

*img14.imageshack.us/img14/8169/dsc2172k.jpg

*img801.imageshack.us/img801/3379/dsc2175h.jpg

Last edited:

sujoyp

Grand Master
@Toofan...very good pics...sharp and great colors

Did u started using ET with ur Lens:razz:......great work

a_medico

Chillum Baba
toofan - awesome shots. loved them all, especially the third one. Whats the cost of ET? Is it same as Rs650 listed on ebay?

If you use ET on basic 18-55 lens, would you still need a macro filter?

toofan

Technomancer
Thanks Medico. Mine cost Rs 8500.00 as with these you can do all the functions that a lens can do. Means it can do exposure readings.
The Rs 650.00 wont to auto focus(which you don't need anyway in macro photography), No exposure readings are shown on camera. But Many use those. As those were invented earlier then these auto ones.
I had kenko Automatic extension tubes DG.

After these you will not use your closeup filter. There are some threads in JJmehta forum about these check those. It reduces the minimum focusing distance between the lens and the subject.
RAM has just told me that a 50mm lens inverted will provide the 1:1 magnification. And I think lens reversal adapters are quite cheap to go. Check NC's thread for that.
Olympus PEN E-PL1 review diary

chitvan

Journeyman
Hello Everybody...
came to this thread after long time...
nice clicks guys...keep posting....
______

i dont know if i already posted these pics...

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4046/5157538945_11142e9dda_z.jpg
======
*farm2.static.flickr.com/1111/5157539519_5c063ee2fc_z.jpg
======
*farm2.static.flickr.com/1407/5157537085_530d6aa384_z.jpg

toofan

Technomancer
thanks ritwik and subretabera for the comments.

Chitvan: Excellent shots as ever you produces. First one is best for me. I had seen your image posted at the challenge and that a great shot. My vote will go for you by seeing the images till now.

a_medico

Chillum Baba
@Chitvan - Loved first and third ones. Is that light in second photo natural or photo-shopped?

By the way guys, I have been using JASC paintshop pro(the very old one same version) since many years. I wish to switch over to photoshop now. Which version you'd recommend?

Hey guys can you tell me good US websites to buy SLR cameras ???

use pricespider.com

It will list all the cheap deals available on various known (and not so known) sites. Ultimately, I got cheapest deal on camerakings (at that time).

chitvan

Journeyman
@toofan: Great macros !!!

@Chitvan: Good snaps. I liked the third one.

Thanks....actually its is a 1 RAW HDR...
______

thanks ritwik and subretabera for the comments.

Chitvan: Excellent shots as ever you produces. First one is best for me. I had seen your image posted at the challenge and that a great shot. My vote will go for you by seeing the images till now.
Thanks bro...1st one was specially captured for some Photo Contest themed "Shadow"....
______

@Chitvan - Loved first and third ones. Is that light in second photo natural or photo-shopped?

By the way guys, I have been using JASC paintshop pro(the very old one same version) since many years. I wish to switch over to photoshop now. Which version you'd recommend
thanks...
yup 2nd one is edited one...same light was already there...but didnt come perfectly...so tried Mystic plugin to make light rays..

dont know about Painshop pro...even i dont have photoshop....used my friend`s one...
he has CS4,but dont used much as my "Digital Photo Professional"(software come with Canon DSLR) do most of the work.

try Paint.Net b4 going for CS4..
Paint.Net has huge number of Plug-ins.
Plugin Index - Paint.NET Forum
no doubt CS4 is awesome for editing...but it takes much time(may be bcoz it has more features) in editing comparing with other simple softwares..

we guys had Photowalk on 2nd Oct...
Few shots from there...
------
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4053/5158142612_c05f704711_z.jpg
______
*farm2.static.flickr.com/1325/5158138186_ca1dd3c9e6_z.jpg
______
*farm2.static.flickr.com/1185/5157530457_457c336422_z.jpg

Last edited:

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
Hi guys m back from Andaman Islands..Amazing place!!
Gr8 pics everyone..
The weather there was very cloudy most of the time never saw the sunrise or sunset coz of clouds :(
here r sm pics..

*farm2.static.flickr.com/1328/5163457033_a180cf8d98_z.jpg

cellular jail(known as kala pani ki jail)
*farm5.static.flickr.com/4046/5163458739_a7e1a34700_z.jpg

*farm2.static.flickr.com/1193/5163460871_62a0374f60_z.jpg

North bay island..
*farm2.static.flickr.com/1311/5163473055_bbf443f647_z.jpg

Lighthouse at north bay island this is printed on backside of a 20 rupee note chk it :)
*lh3.ggpht.com/_SNtMTm6k-0E/TNqiubsbXcI/AAAAAAAAATk/FrYPExafWDQ/s640/51.JPG

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
*lh5.ggpht.com/_WIy92xTeWQc/TNjcRUAfEKI/AAAAAAAABYg/J9J44shYwCQ/s800/2010-11-09%2010.38.42.jpg

Butterfly (Moth???) on my office window.
Captured by SGS

toofan

Technomancer
ritwik: good capture.

Gangsta: 2nd and 3rd are best for me.
1st one: you could take it from a lower angle also, including the sea and horizon. if possible.
Last one have looked more beautiful is shot with some clouds or at evening or morning time when the colors are at extreme.

Top Bottom