The Photography Thread

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
guys in mumbai
there is a metro photo contest with 50k top prize for dSLR category, 25k for p&s and 10k for mobile
Majhi Metro - Photography Contest | Mumbai Metro | Reliance Metro | Mumbai Metro One Initiative
so far the best entries are in the mobile category

Which of the three looks the best? These are merged HDR composed from 7 shots with different exposures. All captured from Moto g.

*i.imgur.com/6oBdTz6.jpg

*i.imgur.com/QVvti3d.jpg

*i.imgur.com/1GAYrkZ.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

BTW the pic is of air bubbles formed in steel glass filled with water.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=138735]HARSHIL[/MENTION]...this is awesome work
I would say 1st one is the best ....3rd is great but that glass like effect on it is distracting

@HARSHIL ...this is awesome work
I would say 1st one is the best ....3rd is great but that glass like effect on it is distracting

Ooh man Awesome work @harshilsharma63 bro.

Looks very cool... Love the idea

Thanks guys, didn't hoped it was this good. I later realized there was an empty spot on glass which I could have placed south on picture. Anyways, thanks :)

BTW the app I used for taking multi-exposure HDR shots is Camera FV-5.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
[MENTION=138735]HARSHIL[/MENTION]... I like the 3rd one

An attempt to recreate this iconic photograph by the Strobist *www.flickr.com/photos/davidhobby/447819702/

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8705/16804500096_a7c0250745_c.jpgSelf Portrait by marvelprash, on Flickr

$hadow

Geek in making
Thanks guys, didn't hoped it was this good. I later realized there was an empty spot on glass which I could have placed south on picture. Anyways, thanks :)

BTW the app I used for taking multi-exposure HDR shots is Camera FV-5.

These are powerful photography apps. If used properly the result will certainly be awesome.

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
[MENTION=138735]HARSHIL[/MENTION]... I like the 3rd one

An attempt to recreate this iconic photograph by the Strobist *www.flickr.com/photos/davidhobby/447819702/

*farm9.staticflickr.com/8705/16804500096_a7c0250745_c.jpgSelf Portrait by marvelprash, on Flickr
Nice stuff... Wasn't there an episode of DigitalRevTV where they explored how to shoot this?

Seems like you did a better job

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
[MENTION=117627]marvelousprashant[/MENTION] what did you do for the lighting?
is there a colour version?
Really like the lighting

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Thanks [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] :D

[MENTION=117627]marvelousprashant[/MENTION] what did you do for the lighting?
is there a colour version?
Really like the lighting

Thanks. For lightning I used flash in slave mode triggered by popup flash on camera
Color version didn't look good, mostly because of popup flash effect on back panel of laptop

Last edited:
@HARSHIL ... I like the 3rd one

Try centering the laptop and yourself horizontally in the frame and it will certainly look better. Or better yet, crop the picture slightly horizontally.

- - - Updated - - -

These are powerful photography apps. If used properly the result will certainly be awesome.

Yeah, camera FV-5 is really awesome. There is also one called "manual camera" for use with devices supporting lollipop's new camera API.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Nice stuff... Wasn't there an episode of DigitalRevTV where they explored how to shoot this?

Seems like you did a better job

Yes. I came across the original one through that video only
Things I missed
1.) Wireless trigger
2.) Props like cold drink cans on table
3.) A laptop with matte screen - acts as a better diffuser for flash

anirbandd

Conversation Architect
[MENTION=140941]harshilsharma63[/MENTION] very nice pic. i love the last shot. good details captured.
[MENTION=117627]marvelousprashant[/MENTION] that is an epic shot. very very well done.

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
some time ago there was discussion on composition
this covers all the important rules in 3 minutes with great examples

Top Bottom