The Photography Thread

sujoyp

Grand Master
@azelzdly1 ..its good that you are enjoying 55-200 ...many people donno that its soo good for portraits ...its sharp and give good bokeh

Raziel

Journeyman
Fantastic shots there axelzdly1..good color and sharpness..1 and 3 my fav! :)

1 nature pic from me, probably my last pic here.

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5591/15051252752_a10294fce9_b.jpgDew drops.. by Raziel.The.Fallen, on Flickr

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
[MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] haha..that's so pun-ny :D :razz:

[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] Tack sharp images! I wasn't getting sharp images at first but then I found out that I was holding the whole dslr weight by its body like a pivot. 55-200 being heavier than the previous 18-55 , I was to balance its weight with the other hand equally to avoid distortions.

[MENTION=120687]Raziel[/MENTION] Thanks a lot! :)

Last pic? We were enjoying your works a lot these days. Dont leave us this early. :-(

Last edited:

Raziel

Journeyman
[MENTION=143631]axelzdly1[/MENTION]: glad to know people enjoyed my pics even though I'm not any pro photographer.
Job calls...fun days are over for me now, but I'll shoot and share whenever I get time. Thanks everyone! Keep shooting guys :)

.jRay.

Youngling
*i.imgur.com/MotK3oq.jpg

*i.imgur.com/3mTd79O.jpg

*i.imgur.com/tgZ1HSf.jpg

*i.imgur.com/kqyf7al.jpg

*i.imgur.com/gd9GIkG.jpg

Some pictures from my G2

izzikio_rage

Technomancer
Tack sharp images! I wasn't getting sharp images at first but then I found out that I was holding the whole dslr weight by its body like a pivot. 55-200 being heavier than the previous 18-55 , I was to balance its weight with the other hand equally to avoid distortions

How were you holding the camera wrong? tell me also, since I have a 70-200 that is giving images that are not as sharp I'd like

[MENTION=120687]Raziel[/MENTION] : A job does not mean that you will leave all the things you enjoy. A lot of us in this thread are holding full time jobs and we do get a chance to click, post and discuss. Will be looking forward to more such dreamy clicks from you

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
How were you holding the camera wrong? tell me also, since I have a 70-200 that is giving images that are not as sharp I'd like

We hold the dslr by the battery grip with right hand and lens with the left-hand. Usually we stress the whole weight of the dslr by our right hand.Am I correct?
Instead do it in reverse. Try to hold the whole weight with your left-hand so that the body-portion of dslr feels light-weight. Don't forget to keep your left-hand steady. You're doing it correct, if your left hand feels more stressed than your right.

sujoyp

Grand Master
you told 70-200 :( if you had told 70-210 I could understand its manual ;) I thought you got beercan or a newer 70-200 lens :D

Hrishi

Finally was able to get some time out of office and go for some pics-clicks.
Posting some clicks.
*farm6.staticflickr.com/5582/15093554341_d87a33828c_b.jpglonely bird!!! by sharma.hrishikesh, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3850/14909820479_cf44b4f41a_b.jpgyeah..in there.!!! by sharma.hrishikesh, on Flickr

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3919/15090811512_758b7a1cf6_b.jpgDucks by sharma.hrishikesh, on Flickr

*farm6.staticflickr.com/5562/14909538517_66955b8aec_b.jpgStuck in Rust by sharma.hrishikesh, on Flickr

C&C are welcome. :)

Last edited:

Hrishi

[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] , Thanks. But my laptop's display is so mediocre that most images get over-saturated while editing. The display is very poor. ( maintaining real life color balance it very difficult )
When I tried to view the same pics on my cell , to me they appear more saturated than what they should be. ( and that was on IPS display .)

BTW , please give some inputs on PP for the above pics.
I like the first pic , would certainly want to improve on it.

sujoyp

Grand Master
[MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION] ...I love more of natural colors ...and from my prespective there is a huge pink tint on top 3 of your image...even the iron rust is looking pink. In 3rd one you have increased the contrast too much due to that its looking this way, and you lost some detail of the duck itself.
Last one is the correct color in all senses :)

Hrishi

[MENTION=39722]sujoyp[/MENTION] , yeah...but that pink hue is not very noticeable in my laptop , but looks over_pp when viewed in phone. I think , I will have to make some arrangements while doing PP on my laptop screen.
BTW , here is the actual link to the original untouched copy of the first image. I don't have raw converter at this moment , so I directly imported the raw pic into picasa and saved into JPEG without any modification.
"*www.dropbox.com/s/n3dhwht4uxjkprv/DSC03257.jpg?dl=0
*www.dropbox.com/s/n3dhwht4uxjkprv/DSC03257.jpg?dl=0

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
[MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION] Try to calibrate your laptop monitor. Open the same image in both devices, put your phone beside your monitor and tweak you monitor until both of them match. OR
On Windows 7, go to Start > Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display > Calibrate Color. Then open that program which will walk you through how to get a ROUGH approximation of a calibrated screen.

It seems that the original itself has a purple hue. White balance issue in your camera??

nac

Aspiring Novelist
Hrishi, Actually, I thought that the pink/purple tint was PP effect. But it seems like it was that way SOOC. I guess tweaking WB would fix it. BTW, if you're ok with sharing your original and have RAW, you can share RAW. :)

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/DSC03257_zps899477f8.jpg

axelzdly1

mR.coNfusEd
Hrishi, Actually, I thought that the pink/purple tint was PP effect. But it seems like it was that way SOOC. I guess tweaking WB would fix it. BTW, if you're ok with sharing your original and have RAW, you can share RAW. :)

*i102.photobucket.com/albums/m108/tkphotos1/DSC03257_zps899477f8.jpg

Thats more I like it! Yea raw makes it even easier to edit WB. Nice work nac! and credits also to the OP! [MENTION=140405]Hrishi[/MENTION] why dont you check the WB mode in your camera.? the last pic is fine, so I think it was changed :D

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Nice bird shots Hrishi... colors are a bit off but that is the downside of PPing on laptops. [MENTION=125321]nac[/MENTION] 's PP is slightly warm for my taste. If you shoot RAW you can use DXO optics pro which will fix the color accuracy for you :)

Nice bird silhouette @amlan

*farm4.staticflickr.com/3864/14916376879_f435724dfb_z.jpgSunset, Right Dyke Hirakud by marvelprash, on Flickr

Top Bottom