The Photography Thread

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^^ Nice moon shot! Loved it.

And nice rail shot too, Rishab.

Both Sujoy and Stuge have point. I have just brought the Macro filters so I am shooting trying my hands on Macros. I'd love a Macro lens though. On the other hand, I might enjoy telephoto too once I get a telephoto lens. I havent even touched a telephoto lens but I have a feeling I might enjoy it. I think, I will give it some time till I figure out Canon or Sigma.

desai_amogh

In the zone
Well Canon 75-300 is out of question now. Will have to decide between Canon 55-250 IS and Sigma 75-300 Macro.

*img710.imageshack.us/img710/1674/budtz.th.jpg

*img156.imageshack.us/img156/7470/sixflowers1t.th.jpg

*img217.imageshack.us/img217/3695/flowerstl.th.jpg

he medico.. where r u located ?? coz the red flowers in u pics remind me of goa.... i know there are hybrid orange coloured flowers seen all around india..but these red ones are typical junglee flowers.. n they are a lot in the jungles...near my place back in Goa..

a_medico

Chillum Baba
^^ They are found everywhere in maharashtra...these pics were taken in north of maharashtra. I'd love to visit Goa.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@medico
I am putting a line from jjmehta forum member kumarrishi..all credits to him

i have used 55-250 IS canon with 250 D canon macro filter for some amazing results. You can reach 1:1 also but the DOF is very thin. never used sigma but used a similar tamron, compared to it 55-250 is sharper, faster and with macro filter the 1:2 macro is not a problem, add on the IS.

see if this works for u...then u can have the cake and eat it too:)) I mean u would get a sharp canon lens with IS and also would be able to shoot macro

toofan

Technomancer
gangsta: use some hard surface to support the camera or use a tripod to shoot the moon. Use spot metering. shoot raw and then process it if you know processing. You will get good results.

Medico: these are missing the punch and some good compo. Collect some money and then buy a tamron 90mm around 17k. it will be good for macro and portraits.

Rishab: both are good images but the sky is off and dull.

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
@toofan i used spot metering... yes tripod is must for such shots m planning to buy 1 soon.. i can do some processing in PS but i hav never processed a RAW image.. will shoot in raw n try..
can u tell me sm basic steps to process raw image as i hav no idea..
we need Adobe camera raw plugin for ps i guess?

@medico thnx!

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Krow: welcome back after a long time. Beautiful shot.

@All: D3100 is selling for 28.5k with bill and kit lens. JJMehta is selling at 30k with lots of accessorizes.

Gangsta: google it there are lots and lots of websites to editing.

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
@Krow amazing shot !! i was lost in the hazy clouds :)

@toofan yea i'll figure it out thnx..

*lh5.ggpht.com/_SNtMTm6k-0E/TLrZUl3YdlI/AAAAAAAAAOE/-Usf-9b7lOM/s512/3.jpg

*lh6.ggpht.com/_SNtMTm6k-0E/TL0z3_tRNsI/AAAAAAAAAQw/fgIvnpbEF3A/s640/P1000104.JPG

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@krow - I feel you left too much of sky in the pic. Nice pic else.

@jagg89 - Second one is better still can be improved. The first one looks boring.

Bengali Durga Mata

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4133/5095559027_f444691fae_b.jpg

Krow

Crowman
Thanks toofan, G5 and jagg89 for feedback.

G5 Well, I loved the sky so much that I decided to have it that much. It was dusk in Puducherry and the sky was really dull but for this amazing play of light at the far end. :)

I like the Durga Pooja picture. But the top looks abruptly cut off. :( Great lighting though. :)

jagg89: Keep at it. The second one is good. You can do better with both pics though. :)

Cool G5

Conversation Architect
@krow - Not only from top but sidewards too. I miss wideangle on my SX100. Was not in position to get a good shot from behind under the lighting conditions.

toofan

Technomancer
Gangs: 1st one could be better if there would be one type of light. either its fully sun light or in shade.
2nd one is better. Try to position of main subject according to the rule of third. Now google the rule of third.

jagg89

RoCk N' RoLL
@Cool yea i think 1st one is looking dull thnx for pointing out..

@Krow thnx.. i'll try to improve :)

@toofan thnx a lot !! Everyday m learning new things from u guys thnx all for correcting me n helping me learn :)

Last edited:

Stuge

Youngling
great picture cool

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4130/5097502114_e1299195cb_z.jpg

*farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/5080220887_aa5ac81ebf_z.jpg

Top Bottom