The "One Music Phone Per Indian" (OMPPI) Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

layzee

■■■■■■
Well after having a look at the "One Laptop Per Child" (OLPC) Project I thought of launching my own campaign for an ultra cheap music phone so that it can be afforded by most Indians.

To start with, its got to be a Black and White phone will essential features like Messaging, Call Register, Calendar, Reminders, Clock and not to forget Phonebook. Then comes the interesting part, that is, the music player. The music player should have essential features like Play, Pause, Stop, Forward, Rewind, Repeat and Shuffle. The standard format again would be MP3 in this case. Well it will have just a small amount of phone memory (say 2MB or so) which should just be enough to store everything needed. All the music will essentially be have to be stored in the Memory Card for which the phone will have a microSD slot. If one connects it to a PC it should directly connect to the Memory Card and show it as a storage device so that no extra drivers or bulky PC Suites are needed. For ease of use the phone should be given a standard 3.5mm jack so that one can easily hook up any ordinary headphone or earphone to it for listening to music. The inbuilt speaker in the phone will only play the ringtone and not the music files.

Can't think of anything more right now.... Any suggestions are always welcome.

Dr.tweaker

Journeyman
why black and white screen??????????????????????????????? 3.5 mm jack more than welcome,and bluetooth is an absolute necessity for easy track sharing

krates

Be CoOl rAp RuLeZ !!!
now who will invest in this project ?

bluetooth not necessary i think so

it must be priced at 1.5 k somewhat to sell

radio must be there

black and white i don't think so atleast 65k colours should be there

DigitalDude

PhotonAttack
OLPC is not just a campaign.. its a project.. OLPC aims to promote cheap computing for children in developing countries which will improve their education.

now what will be the aim of OMPPI ? to enable poor ppl to listen to music on the go when most of them are not even fed well ? :p

'One Phone Per House' would be more sensible.. but then there are larger problems to be solved than phone connectivity ;)

_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom