The Official Xiaomi Discussion Thread

bgeing

Broken In
[MENTION=107549]kamikaz[/MENTION] For phone cover head to aliexpress.Lot of option but the wait is of 21 days. I'm using a Pudini Cross Pattern on my Mi3 and its very good indeed,high quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Guys try the theme Silence its pretty cool. Ares is the next best after Silence.

Pl suggest a good screen guard and cover which ships within 3-5days (should reach fast) as i dont want keep it naked long:wink:, as mine (mi3) delivery date is on this 8-Aug!

and [MENTION=128761]sushovan[/MENTION] the one u told (pudini) is showing in ebay at 899/-, is that worth buying?

sushovan

In the zone
Pl suggest a good screen guard and cover which ships within 3-5days (should reach fast) as i dont want keep it naked long:wink:, as mine (mi3) delivery date is on this 8-Aug!

and [MENTION=128761]sushovan[/MENTION] the one u told (pudini) is showing in ebay at 899/-, is that worth buying?

That one isn't the cross pattern one and the seller looks dubious. The actual ones from Pudini on eBay are priced exorbitantly and the sellers themselves mentioned out of stock status. Currently Your best bet for a good case is the Official Mi flip cover at 699 from seller allphoneunlock ( Flipkart will start selling the same for 599 but no one knows when and how many will be able to even buy it).

Original Xiaomi MI3 Flip Leather Stand Protective Cover Case | eBay

KayKashyap

Journeyman
[MENTION=107549]kamikaz[/MENTION] , I really do t think so, 15000 clicks in 2 sec for the same product at the same time will crash Flipkart or any kart. I know there's a huge response but this is plain fishy,anyway you look at it.

even i feel the same,but please check this!
[Must Read] Confusion about buying Mi 3 through Flipkart in India [Updating] - India - MIUI Official Community

- - - Updated - - -

i want that piston headphone :-( :-( :p

The Incinerator

Human Spambot

I'm using a Karpine Diamond 0.26mm. Its good. You will find it in Flipkart. The other good one is from Nilkin 9H tempered glass costs close to or over Rs1000 at the moment.

- - - Updated - - -

Karpine Scr-2009 Clear Screen Guard for Mi3 - Karpine: Flipkart.com

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
sadly allphoneunlock store has only white cover left.. that will get dirty quickly nah, i'll wait , i should have ordered a cover when i ordered the tempered glass cover ..21 days wait is too much

Btw any idea what the glass covering camera is made of? is it scratch resistant,hope it is..my last phones camera glass was pretty much filled with scratches..after putting it inside pocket
[MENTION=146621]The Incinerator[/MENTION] have you tried the VIper mod, supposedly improves the sound quality, need root..

Has anyone found the differences in the new update, the ones i found so far are
  • Battery conserve mode is missing
  • Backup programs icon is missing from the tools folder , can be accessed from settings page( i was able to restore my apps from the old mi3 to new one without problems :) )
  • GPS icon in status bar now appears on left side
  • New wallpaper (the one shown on MI4)
  • The network status has now 5 bars
  • the default font is slightly large than before, i think so
  • front camera has timer; for selfies i guess!
    Update
  • Pulse notifications appears to be working fine now(mis call worked for me )

will update if i see anything new :p

Last edited:

kamikaz

Ambassador of Buzz
haha i would have rooted ,if i had time to mess with the phone ,but right now i'll have to focus on other important matters..

btw got this from miui official forum
Qualcomm later clarified that both MSM8x74AB and MSM8x74AC belong to Snapdragon 801 series

Qualcomm Clarifies MSM8974AB And MSM8974AC Are Under Snapdragon 801 Series
Disappointed! XiaoMi Cheats Buyers By Quietly Changed Mi3's Processor To Snapdragon 800 MSM8274AB

So, Xiaomi Mi3 has a Snapdragon 801 chipset. And the only difference between Mi3 and Mi4 is a clockspeed difference of 0.2 GHz and a physical memory difference of 1 Gb.

I'm making this the official thread for all Xiaomi related discussions. All are welcome to make new posts here (only).

- - - Updated - - -

Please do report duplicate posts and queries.

Reloaded

In the zone
*i.imgur.com/1S2jtxr.jpg
*i.imgur.com/jlu2TZL.jpg

managed to get it on my shopping cart , just testing didn't buy it :twisted:

elafanto

Journeyman
I faced Call drop Issue. Any other facing the same??? also got "unable to connect to camera" once.

Mine is stable ROM MIUI-KXDMIBE16.0

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
[MENTION=142364]elafanto[/MENTION] Update that to stable Rom MIUI-KXDMIBF 22.0 immediately to resolve all the issues.

- - - Updated - - -
[MENTION=107549]kamikaz[/MENTION] can you take a photo in HDR and check if its bright in low light or appearing dark.

Last edited:

abracadabra

Journeyman
Its really not those 15k pieces, neither 10k or even the 5k, its much lower than those! Other manufactures will push in FTC to conduct a check on the real number of pieces sold very soon! There is insider hand, if you know someone at FK , you can get out of loop mess!

bgeing

Broken In
Whatever the FK $**** doing but, finally this time i was able to book one mi3:thumbs:, and it'll be delivered tomorw or next day.

So you already owner of this mob, pl suggest me what are the important or general 'dos & donts' as soon as i receive this ph.:noob:

bgeing

Broken In
Whatever the FK $**** doing but, finally this time i was able to book one mi3:thumbs:, and it'll be delivered tomorw or next day.

So you already owner of this mob, pl suggest me what are the important or general 'dos & donts' as soon as i receive this ph.:noob:

UPDATE after you finish charging it to 100%.

Thanks for the quick response n imp point.

Currently i dont have net facility in my sim, but somehow will do update shortly. after switching on first time do i need to empty battery or put to charge it to 100% from whatever it has?

btw any other suggestion?

The Incinerator

Human Spambot
Put it to charge without switching it on as soon as receive it.
[MENTION=142364]elafanto[/MENTION] ,you are right, I'm running ROM 18.0 and am not getting the 22.0 anymore,I believe they have withdrawn the ROM,I read it has camera and call drop bugs,maybe that's the reason. Check if you are getting 18.0 or wait till they come up with a new one,or if problems are severe ask for a replacement.

- - - Updated - - -

Can somebody comment on the NFC, I just cudn get it to work!

emailvarunchandak

In the zone

1. full charge
2. update to latest rom
3. reboot
4. factory reset
5. reboot
6. Enjoy.

do the above on battery, not while charging.

Top Bottom