The Official Windows 7 Discussion Thread

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
ok..
i accidently pressed the buttons like two months back,
had to try many permutations and combinations to find what caused that..
but it really looks very nice..

good that you liked it .. ( may sound a s little offtopic ) - go test some live linux distro with compiz fusion ( latest version of Knoppix will do ) - you will be amazed ;-)

whinous

Right off the assembly line
hello guys! newbie here :s im currently using windows 7 ultimate 64bit on my desktop and i have
this problem on my sun broadband wireless huawei e1550 whenever i connect to the
internet it will be connected and every after 5-10 minutes it disconnects. in the pc
its still connected but the modem is already disconnected, ive searched the net
and cant find any solutions, called sun customer care and they keep on saying to
reinstall reinstall and reinstall not much of a help. i started using the broadband on my laptop
same OS and its perfectly working, tried it on xp and still working,dunno whats the problem.
i noticed that in device manager of my laptop *i46.tinypic.com/bp1v.png there is this broadcom thingy where in my pc theres none;. i hope you can help me thanks in advance

shreymittal

Being Human
Hey guys i ve a problem i ve bought win 7 home basic for my pc in 2011 mid but now my pc is accepting the key always showing error please enter another key please i can't activate my win7
Help Needed.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
use phone activation or contact MS help line.
Activate Windows 7 on this computer

Vignesh B

Youngling
Can anyone tell me if i can transfer my windows7 from my pc to another one ??:confused:
If and if only you won't be using it on your former PC.
You may need to manually activate Windows on your newer PC. How to contact a Microsoft Product Activation Center by telephone

Vignesh B

Youngling
^^ You don't have to "deactivate" Windows as such. When you activate in your new PC, the former PC gets automatically removed from Microsoft's servers.
There are methods to deactivate windows but I don't recommend them as there are cases where the product key is rendered useless.

shreymittal

Being Human
^^ You don't have to "deactivate" Windows as such. When you activate in your new PC, the former PC gets automatically removed from Microsoft's servers.
There are methods to deactivate windows but I don't recommend them as there are cases where the product key is rendered useless.

Ok i got it thanks man
bahut bahut shukriya bhaisaab :)

g_goyal2000

Youngling
What I'm about to ask may have already been answered in this thread or another one.

Windows 7 Starter is available only in 32-bit edition.
Can I upgrade it to a 64-bit edition of Home Basic/Premium?

If yes, then kindly also provide me a link that confirms it.

If not, then what are my options?

I do not want to purchase a retail of Home Basic/Premium. Would be too expensive.
Don't want to upgrade to Windows 8. Didn't like it much.

Please help.

Vignesh B

Youngling
What I'm about to ask may have already been answered in this thread or another one.

Windows 7 Starter is available only in 32-bit edition.
Can I upgrade it to a 64-bit edition of Home Basic/Premium?

If yes, then kindly also provide me a link that confirms it.

If not, then what are my options?

I do not want to purchase a retail of Home Basic/Premium. Would be too expensive.
Don't want to upgrade to Windows 8. Didn't like it much.

Please help.
No, you cannot upgrade a 32 bit OS to a 64-bit OS. You have to perform a clean install only.
Since, you neither want to buy a higher version of Win 7 nor Win 8, the only option is to download specific softwares for each and every limitation of the starter edition.

Top Bottom