The official thread for any and all discussion related to Apple Inc.

The new MacBook!

• Total voters

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ He is a spammer. *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/search.php?do=finduser&u=71593

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
Hey guys.wazzup.
I'm buying a new mbp. Help me choosing between these 15 inchers -

Mb134zp/a (97k)
Or
Mb470zp/a (1.09 lac)

Which one is better,ignoring the graphics chip coz i don't need it.only processor power matters.i gotta use logic 8 n related stuff...
Also , is it agere firewire chipset on these?

And how much would a firewire 400 to 800 cable cost?

First of all nice to see you Nishant! After a long time!

I suggest you to get the second one but mind you it ain't that cheap. I myself got my Unibody top model MacBook for 95K so how could you get a MacBooK Pro for 97K?

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ hey..Congrats on ur purchase.how is the new trackpad?
Yeah its been long.i've been cut off from the net since october due to college.

Even i just read the specs of the 97k mbp and its pretty similar to the one i already own-old mbp17.so yeah i m gonna go with the other one.
n tell me abt firewire 400 to 800 cable.the sound card i have (apogee duet) works with the newer mbps only thru it and i got no idea about its availability and price.

pickster

Professional Layabout.
seriously. after using the trackpad on my macbook, any other just feels... inadequate.
this is the best trackpad to ever come on a notebook. period.

markupdude

Right off the assembly line
I might soon turn into a Mac user it seems :grin:
How much the new unibody Macbook 2.0 GHz without any extra additions will cost me?

Well the site says it starts @1299 dollars but how much it will be in INR lets say if i go to Nehru Place Delhi to buy one? [i live in a remote town]

^^
Don't go to Nehru Place. It's very unlikely you would get it there. I suggest you to buy it from Imagine Corner,Shoppers Stop,Rajouri garden. The 2.0 Ghz Unibody MacBook is Rs.72000/- inclusive of all taxes. But man it's completely worth it! The trackpad is very unique to the MacBook. You won't find such a trackpad in any of that Sony,Compaq crap. The notebook looks damn sexy.....and then the Mac OS X :D

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
yeah the new macbooks rock n i can't wait to try the new trackpad.but no dealer here in chandigarh is gonna provide me one in less than a week's time.

and i found a firewire 800 to 400 adaptor.its by sonnet.

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
@nish_higher. Hello, you haven't been active for a while now I believe?

BTW where (the hell) do you get a MBP for 97k? Or did I miss out on something?

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
@nish_higher. Hello, you haven't been active for a while now I believe?

BTW where (the hell) do you get a MBP for 97k? Or did I miss out on something?

Yup...not been online at all on any forum for around 6 months.

And the mbp was listed on my dealer's website hence the confusion.but i checked the specs later....

*www.lynx-india.com/index.php?categoryID=2711

IronManForever

IronMan; Ready to Roll...
^ Hmm. The older MBPs are a good option I must say. Going through the website. Its better to get the older MBP than the new MB for a similar price IMO. If you need to do pro stuff and are limited by budget, that is.

nish_higher

Wise Old Owl
^ but i already own old mbp 17 so it would be stupid gettin that one..n i m gettin student discount too so i'd go with the new 15" 2.4ghz n upgrade to 4gb ram..hw much would that upgrade cost?

Just get any compatible 2GB DDR3 laptop memory stick and you can easily install on your own. A how-to is there in the guide. I suggest getting Kingston or Transcend as Apple simpy loots when it comes to RAM.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Just get any compatible 2GB DDR3 laptop memory stick and you can easily install on your own. A how-to is there in the guide. I suggest getting Kingston or Transcend as Apple simpy loots when it comes to RAM.

How much is the PROFIT ?:-D

Top Bottom