The official "Brink" Discussion Thread

gameranand

Living to Play
Ethan_Hunt said:
I can confirm this game is borked even after applying 11.5a hotfix drivers, latest update and turning OFF and reducing possibly every graphical settings. I'm done with this game. Good luck to you guys.
I am with you here. There are rare chances that I would get this game.

gameranand

Living to Play
Brink sales: 69% Xbox 360, 23% PS3
UK Steam version still unavailable.

Brink update aims to combat lag
Splash Damage makes June DLC free.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
Knowing bethedesta, I can say that never expect a game without major glitches,bugs,performance issues etc. Fallout new vegas was my last purchase from them (which they removed from indian steam site shortly after :( )and im not purchasing anything else from them.not until they get their heads straight.

cyborg47

Technomancer
Anybody bought the legit copy here?..tried the game in co-op rather than with the AI bots?..I heard its a lot of fun that way.
Eurogamer gave the game an 8/10 afterall. Heres what they say
Nonetheless, Brink is an exceptional team shooter, smart, supremely well balanced and with a unique, exciting art style. Splash Damage struggles to ease the player into its workings – evidence, perhaps, of the studio's background creating free mods for hardcore Quake players, who never needed much hand-holding.

But the clean menus and HUD have a slickness and simplicity of interaction that elevate the squad-shooter genre to a new level of style and polish. Likewise, in moment-to-moment play, this is often a more engaging, tighter experience than Valve's Team Fortress 2. For those who can leap that first hurdle, Brink should run and run.

But the problem is, that I dont want to end up buying the game and not being able to find any servers just because its poor reviews. :|

gameranand

Living to Play
cyborg47 said:
But the problem is, that I dont want to end up buying the game and not being able to find any servers just because its poor reviews.
Yeah right. I would suggest you not to buy this game because real fun in this game would be MP and due to bad reviews not many people are going to buy this game at least not in India so it would be hard time for you to find servers with sweet ping.

Anybody bought the legit copy here?..tried the game in co-op rather than with the AI bots?..I heard its a lot of fun that way.
Eurogamer gave the game an 8/10 afterall. Heres what they say

But the problem is, that I dont want to end up buying the game and not being able to find any servers just because its poor reviews. :|

People at IVG are very satisfied with the MP mode last time I checked. So i you want only online action, then go for it. But be 100% sure to check your pings with US and EUR servers before you buy the game or else your money is wasted.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
Game is intriguing. You'll not waste money on this. This game's defo 8.5/10. A patch and it'll all be over, the bugs and everything. And it's Splash Damage, so you don't need to worry.

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
Its working pretty fine on my XPS. Played the SP for some two hours. There is hardly any story line to it. But the gameplay is enjoyable. Also played it on LAN with couple of friends and its more of a Team Fortress game where you choose classes and weapons likewise. There are thousands of customizations available which could bore you to death. Multiplayer is fun but not outstanding. The bullet damage is a bit weird for me since I am more into COD and CS.

bkpeerless

In the zone
does brink has single player value

I am interested to play brink but i cant understand if it is a full multiplayer game or co oops game..or it has single player value with bolts like cs.. I dont have decent net speed to play multiplayer or even co-ops

gameranand

Living to Play
Yes it does have a SP campaign but that is lame for me. Just shooting and shooting nothing about story whatsoever.

abhidev

Human Spambot
waste of time...played the game for 10 mins and uninstalled it immediately...didn't like anything other than character detailing....

Top Bottom