The new yahoo mail beta

Status
Not open for further replies.

teknoPhobia

t3h g04t
2 words: Don't Bother

I just tried out the new Yahoo! mail beta today and this is my experience:

They have tried to copy google mail but without much success. Like Gmail, it also loads a java applet on your comp.The interface reminds me of outlook express which I hate anyway. The reading pane is too small. The pane showing your mails loads all your ols emails... in my case 219 which I didn't like either... in my ten minutes of use before I switched back I couldn't find any archiving options like in gmail. The worst part is it keeps loading a new flash based ad every 10 seconds or so and it covers the entire right hand tenths of my 10x7 screen.

Thus in my opinion it is not worth using.

GNUrag

FooBar Guy
@teknoPhobia, you do understand Y! Mail is in beta... and that they are doing you favour by offering an account.

It will improve as time goes by. Just sit back and relax.

Vyasram

The pWnster
GNUrag said:
@teknoPhobia, you do understand Y! Mail is in beta... and that they are doing you favour by offering an account.

It will improve as time goes by. Just sit back and relax.

Google also called itz email service beta. But they rocked from the start

alanpaladka

Journeyman
In my opinion, Yahoo Mail BETA rocks! It loads very fast and works with Firefox also :D . Whereas Live Mail doesn't load in my GPRS connection. :evil:

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
Please continue your discussion at the link given above. Do not start new threads for existing topics.

Status
Not open for further replies.