The Moto X 1st and 2nd Gen Discussion

polupoka

In the zone
What is "contest of champions"?
And you should complain. :/

search play store!!!!!! "contest of champions" u shud forget complaining and putting roms on ur moto x if you play it for atleast an hour!!! My all spare time is for "contest of champions" and m that guy who never played games!

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I brazil 5.1 update already available for moto x (1st gen).. soon available in india! AT LAST!!!! :bananana:

Official Lollipop should be real good. I manage to get very stable OS with Cyanogenmod 12. So I can only imagine how stable official ROM would be. Though won't be so feature rich. Will try the official ROM once it hits the interweb.

polupoka

In the zone
Official Lollipop should be real good. I manage to get very stable OS with Cyanogenmod 12. So I can only imagine how stable official ROM would be. Though won't be so feature rich. Will try the official ROM once it hits the interweb.

Vyom,do X8 computing system works well with cyanogenmod 12???

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Vyom,do X8 computing system works well with cyanogenmod 12???

You asking this question makes me wonder, if Motorola have delayed the update yet again, or is it NOW that you are finally becoming impatient. :p

Anyway, the features on CM12 works fairly well. Ok Google hotword doesn't work from totally locked phone. But I didn't used to use it much anyway. Besides, it does work from launcher and doesn't have the delay of waking up the phone if used on totally locked phone. So not big deal.

Active display is replaced by Ambient display (first came with Nexus 6) which is more functional than the Active display that Moto X originally came up with. Watch a demo of it here: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TyhaOjME5g

Twist to open camera also works, although the camera app is now changed to some other app. But I use to like the default camera app which use to come with Stock ROM on Moto X.

Haven't done much to explore further, or to update the ROM in 3 weeks (updates come each night as nightlies). But the ROM I installed weeks ago, works pretty good, and with the goodness of Lollipop and features of Cyanogenmod.

polupoka

In the zone
You asking this question makes me wonder, if Motorola have delayed the update yet again, or is it NOW that you are finally becoming impatient. :p

Anyway, the features on CM12 works fairly well. Ok Google hotword doesn't work from totally locked phone. But I didn't used to use it much anyway. Besides, it does work from launcher and doesn't have the delay of waking up the phone if used on totally locked phone. So not big deal.

Active display is replaced by Ambient display (first came with Nexus 6) which is more functional than the Active display that Moto X originally came up with. Watch a demo of it here: *www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TyhaOjME5g

Twist to open camera also works, although the camera app is now changed to some other app. But I use to like the default camera app which use to come with Stock ROM on Moto X.

Haven't done much to explore further, or to update the ROM in 3 weeks (updates come each night as nightlies). But the ROM I installed weeks ago, works pretty good, and with the goodness of Lollipop and features of Cyanogenmod.

Hmm! No am not impatient..m just too curious cos till Q1 of 2016 motorola would officially support MOTO x (1st gen) ... so after that I will follow you for sure :-D
an d wow! ambient display! thats great ... enjoy.. u can also download a software named like cyan delta or something which only update the exact update file to ur phone each night. So you can stay upgraded.
Enjoy ur moto x lollipop alone untill we get hands on it too :meditate:

vicky

Broken In
Hi,

I am facing very high data usage by android OS on my moto x and can't seem to find the cause for it.
I have disabled auto sync on all google apps, as well as i have disabled back up option in backup and reset.
Disabled background data as well, but still android OS keeps using background date.

Anyone else had to face similar issue.

Regards

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
^^ Under Settings, goto Data Usage. It will show nice bifurcation of which app is using most of the data.
The app which consumers most data should be on top. Once you find out which app is using data you can disable background data for that app by tapping the app, and toggling, "Disable background data".

vicky

Broken In
That's what, the app that shows most usage is Android OS.
And all usage is in background.
Last bill cycle it used more than 600 mb

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I use AFWall+ Firewall, that gives options to selectively turn off/on data on each app. Though I think it needs root, since it modified iptables to do that.
If you are simply not able to find out what app is causing the data drain, you may root the device and use this app to control it. I understand though that, rooting maybe the last option for you.

If the usage is Android OS, I think its the Updates which are getting downloading. You may try to disable updating from settings.

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So [MENTION=288626]polupoka[/MENTION] : Are you on Lollipop yet?
Or did Motorola "delayed" it again?

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
They saying- lollipop of xt1052 is coming within weeks! (10weeks?)
:shock:

So, it Lollipop out for Moto X officially?

Btw, just came to know about Moto X 3rd Gen!!! :shock:

Source: Fresh leak on the upcoming Moto X third-gen smartphone point to a 5.6 inch display | Digit.in
GSMArena: Motorola Moto X (3rd Gen) - Full phone specifications

$hadow

Geek in making
SD 810? FK quotes SD 801 while GSMArena quotes SD 808. Looks like it's not confirmed yet.
Phonearena made a pretty sure statement that it is going to come with sd 810 improved variant which is already in new Z3+

polupoka

In the zone
So, it Lollipop out for Moto X officially?

Btw, just came to know about Moto X 3rd Gen!!! :shock:

Source: Fresh leak on the upcoming Moto X third-gen smartphone point to a 5.6 inch display | Digit.in
GSMArena: Motorola Moto X (3rd Gen) - Full phone specifications

yes I saw it vyom. But seeing moto's os update history,I ignore that excitement :neutral:

btw,see this- Android 5.1 for both 1st and 2nd gen Moto X to roll out next week - GSMArena.com news

Ya! BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!!!:!::wub::clap2:

Oh! forgot to tell... I bought OPO ... so now 2 phone... :bananana:
MOTO X with default os...waiting que...and ONE PLUS ONE with lots of tinkering:hyper:
NOTE: still I prefer MOTO X when I put both on hand!

OP
Vyom

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
yes I saw it vyom. But seeing moto's os update history,I ignore that excitement :neutral:

btw,see this- Android 5.1 for both 1st and 2nd gen Moto X to roll out next week - GSMArena.com news

Ya! BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!!!:!::wub::clap2:

Oh! forgot to tell... I bought OPO ... so now 2 phone... :bananana:
MOTO X with default os...waiting que...and ONE PLUS ONE with lots of tinkering:hyper:
NOTE: still I prefer MOTO X when I put both on hand!

Arrghh.. still news about update "Next week". Not exciting at all. I will believe when I really see the update notification. Although since I am on CM 12 I won't see it. So keep an eye on that notification. That's the only proof now. Can't believe we were thinking that we would get update HALF YEAR earlier.

Congrats for new phone. OPO seems to be a good phone. And I am sure I would prefer Moto X over OPO, not when I put them on my hand, rather when I pass over my hand over both of them. Since Moto X would be only one which would wake up. :D

polupoka

In the zone
Arrghh.. still news about update "Next week". Not exciting at all. I will believe when I really see the update notification. Although since I am on CM 12 I won't see it. So keep an eye on that notification. That's the only proof now. Can't believe we were thinking that we would get update HALF YEAR earlier.

Congrats for new phone. OPO seems to be a good phone. And I am sure I would prefer Moto X over OPO, not when I put them on my hand, rather when I pass over my hand over both of them. Since Moto X would be only one which would wake up. :D
yeah.. will inform you when I get notif!

LOL .. Double Tap to wake is a good replacement for me! I often double tab my moto now! :wink:

Top Bottom