The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Is it lag free? I just need it to not take a second or more for every message or dialogue to pop up.

don't move dalvik to SDcard. also install FastReboot to free ram every once in a while.

I won't sell it when I get a new one :) Its 3years 4months old now...Have promised father to use it for 4years :D

3yr 1month old. waiting for ARM v8 to show up in some Motorola mobile. ARM v7 will have similar fate in 2yr time.

I have started to casually throw the phone around. In hopes that it goes kaput, and I get a reason to buy Nexus 6 (which is not discontinued btw) :D

you are more likely to crack the floor before O1 shows any visible damage.

pratik385

In the zone
I retired Optimus One from duty last Friday as I bought Nexus 5 32gb black @ 24,800/-
Hope its a worthy successor to the Legend O1 (3.5 yrs) :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
True...Any idea when ARMv8 devices would show up? Now Android L is 64bit, right?

3 mobiles already leaked with Snapdragon 410 so July onward there should be a few announcements with mainstream availability by Q4. Android L is 64bit compatible but works fine in 32bit. 64bit doesn't matter but v8 itself does. ARM's prediction (and Anandtech backed it) is 50% performance boost moving from Cortex A7 to A53. same for Cortex A15 vs A57.

Crap. Did that during installation. Anyway to change this?

last time i did my phone started lagging a lot. not sure if the SD card was slow or some other reason. only way is to flash again.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
3 mobiles already leaked with Snapdragon 410 so July onward there should be a few announcements with mainstream availability by Q4. Android L is 64bit compatible but works fine in 32bit. 64bit doesn't matter but v8 itself does. ARM's prediction (and Anandtech backed it) is 50% performance boost moving from Cortex A7 to A53. same for Cortex A15 vs A57.

Now that we are certain that Nexus isn't discontinued, I hope next Nexus arrive soon with Snapdragon 410. That would be my next target after my P500. :)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I moved dalvik cache to SDcard during installation. Is it possible to undo that without re-installation?

you don't need to unless you feel the mobile has become slow.

Now that we are certain that Nexus isn't discontinued, I hope next Nexus arrive soon with Snapdragon 410. That would be my next target after my P500. :)

will be interesting to find which chipset Nexus 6 ships with. Word is Snapdragon 808/810 (Cortex A57) won't be available this year. Tegra K1 maybe? Google been using Tegra in almost all new experimental devices.

Chetan1991

Youngling
So I ran the CM11 setup again (without wiping cache), this time not choosing to move dalvik, and phone seems a bit quicker. But all the storage space is gone, with only 15 mb left. Besides low storage icon, it says some system functionalities my not work.
Can Link2SD help with that? If so, how? Or is there any other way? I've never used Link2SD.

kaz

right here
1st you need to create an EXT partion and use that to install apps...Intall links2sd and select to create ext partition script, but dont reboot...In setting select auto link apps and then reboot the phone...

Try to uninstall some system apps to free space....Even if you don't get free space, keep rebooting the device :D I have many apps installed all on EXT partition and 74mb is free now :p

sling-shot

Wise Old Owl
With Link2SD you can move almost all user installed applications to a 2nd EXT primary partition on the SD card.

Also it can integrate any updates of system applications into system space freeing up user memory.

You can also convert OEM bloatware and applications such as YouTube into user applications from system applications and further link them to SD card. This also frees up space in the system area of internal memory. (depending on the way your phone is setup this might help greatly in improving responsiveness.)

Please take note to keep applications critical to you such as Link2SD itself, a root file browser, Titanium Backup etc in the internal memory so that they will be available even when your SD card is not mounted.

kaz

right here

Check out Lenovo A805e

Chetan1991

Youngling
So I got my new phone and I'm giving my O1 to my father. Even after setting the dalvik cache to phone's internal memory, it takes some time to open apps.
So which ROM will be very stable and quick for the phone? My father isn't very tech savvy so I don't mind putting an old version ROM. It just needs to be snappy.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
So I got my new phone and I'm giving my O1 to my father. Even after setting the dalvik cache to phone's internal memory, it takes some time to open apps.
So which ROM will be very stable and quick for the phone? My father isn't very tech savvy so I don't mind putting an old version ROM. It just needs to be snappy.

Why don't you try JB or ICS Roms. Previous roms from hephappy were Gold back in the days. It still is, if you don't mind missing out on a lot of features.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
The revolution ended for me. Gave away my P500. The best and revolutionary phone i had.

And what did you replaced it with? I personally haven't gave up on the phone yet. Its still not 3 yrs old. :p

Top Bottom