The LG Optimus One Thread

gmg9

in the kaya
do u guys face any prob with gps. its taking too much time to lock. dnt knw why...
when ever i try to move a system apps to sd card it says "it cannt be moved as its a system using apps' ..something like dat...

1. don't know how to fix problems related to script but internal memory is different from ext partition. thats why they are not shown combined i guess.

thx for the quick reply. wat apps2sd u use. does ur apps auto moved to sd card after installation ?? do u move all system apps (like gmaps etc..) to sd card..??

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
do u guys face any prob with gps. its taking too much time to lock. dnt knw why...

same. it takes more than 30sec & half the time it misses displaying some msg. but once it gets locked, it is really really accurate (outdoor).

when ever i try to move a system apps to sd card it says "it cannt be moved as its a system using apps' ..something like dat...

yes. system apps can't be moved :smile:

thx for the quick reply. wat apps2sd u use. does ur apps auto moved to sd card after installation ?? do u move all system apps (like gmaps etc..) to sd card..??

i don't use any script. i manually move it from the app list clicking on move to sd card.

mine is set as "automatic" in the app installation location so a few apps move but most i have to do it manually.

as i am using Andy's gingerbread, it doesn't comes with a lot of apps preinstalled. but other than launcher & weather widget, everything is saved in sd card. no gmail app for me.

blackpearl

The Devil
Some questions on Lg p500:

1. Does it have a physical d-pad navigation key? From the images, it looks like it has one but not sure. Would like to have this option apart from the touch screen.

2. How is the app support? I will be installing lots of apps from the market and others. Is that possible without rooting? No games.

3. Will it support a 2yr old sandisk 2GB SD card I have? Not sure about the class.

Thanks

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
1. Does it have a physical d-pad navigation key? From the images, it looks like it has one but not sure. Would like to have this option apart from the touch screen.

doesn't have. i don't think many non-QWERTY android comes with D-pad. if you are concerned about missing D-pad for navigation, the android system with the default 4 key is enough for it. but one will feel the need for it while gaming.

2. How is the app support? I will be installing lots of apps from the market and others. Is that possible without rooting? No games.

all apps are supported that i tried. maybe some (paid) apps that have higher system requirements won't be supported.

3. Will it support a 2yr old sandisk 2GB SD card I have? Not sure about the class.

it should. but it already comes with a 2Gb card.

blackpearl

The Devil
doesn't have. i don't think many non-QWERTY android comes with D-pad. if you are concerned about missing D-pad for navigation, the android system with the default 4 key is enough for it. but one will feel the need for it while gaming.

I'm so used to the d-pad .... :(
How do people game without it, anyway?

all apps are supported that i tried. maybe some (paid) apps that have higher system requirements won't be supported.

Good. I understand the lack of power to run CPU intensive apps.

it should. but it already comes with a 2Gb card.

Ok, thanks.

One last question: Since it sounds like you own this phone, will you recommend this to someone? Does the dust problem really exist? If yes, the phone might need periodic cleaning. How often does dust get under the glass?

I've found this phone at Letsbuy at Rs 8.4K (after applying coupon). Actually I'm willing to throw in another ~Rs 2K, but can't seem to find a better phone. Weird.

gmg9

in the kaya
same. it takes more than 30sec & half the time it misses displaying some msg. but once it gets locked, it is really really accurate (outdoor).

its actually not getting locked. i tried to keep it for abt 15-10min, bt no locking has take affect. i tried to test with GPS Test. strangely no result from this app too. no a single digit moves. i really nw very frustrated for this gps thing as i do use it often. bt with the stock 2.2 rom it was working. dnt knw if its a rom issue or the gps chip has somehw broken in my ph......

any clue guys ????

another prob is dat with da fm app. its nt working properly. and let me add only 5 stations.. why is dat ?? in 2.2.1 i can add as many as 30+ stations..

Last edited:

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
blackpearl said:
One last question: Since it sounds like you own this phone, will you recommend this to someone?

Yeah.

blackpearl said:
Does the dust problem really exist?

For me, Yes :-(

blackpearl said:
If yes, the phone might need periodic cleaning. How often does dust get under the glass?

Take the phone to Customer Care and they will cure it somehow.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I'm so used to the d-pad .... :(
How do people game without it, anyway?

i know. my last mobile was a touchscreen + D-Pad. but now without D-pad, most games can't be played well. specially racing gaming that needs the mobile to be tilted to make the car move left right. but other games are controlled by tapping the screen. easy to play.

Good. I understand the lack of power to run CPU intensive apps.

other than some HD games & angry birds all games run fine even if you do multitasking.

One last question: Since it sounds like you own this phone, will you recommend this to someone? Does the dust problem really exist? If yes, the phone might need periodic cleaning. How often does dust get under the glass?

under 10k & if Android is a must, definitely. you may read my review: LG Optimus One

yes dust problem was there but new models doesn't have it. so just avoid old stock.

doesn't need periodic cleaning. just take it to service center & they'll fix it permanently.

I've found this phone at Letsbuy at Rs 8.4K (after applying coupon). Actually I'm willing to throw in another ~Rs 2K, but can't seem to find a better phone. Weird.

next best mobile is Galaxy Ace & Wildfire S if you find it under 12-12.5k.

its actually not getting locked. i tried to keep it for abt 15-10min, bt no locking has take affect. i tried to test with GPS Test. strangely no result from this app too. no a single digit moves. i really nw very frustrated for this gps thing as i do use it often. bt with the stock 2.2 rom it was working. dnt knw if its a rom issue or the gps chip has somehw broken in my ph......

test with some other rom. most likely problem is with the the rom not the chip.

gmg9

in the kaya
test with some other rom. most likely problem is with the the rom not the chip.

hmm...thx. bt right nw, am nt in a mood of flashing again a rom. just flashed cm7. lets wait for the nxt mik_os cm7 sable release....

wat will be the best kernel for this rom 6.5.5 cm7 on lg O1 ?? the one comes with this rom, v18 or v18.1 BFS ??
which one gives me more stability and battery life ??

Last edited:

chandrudme

Journeyman
thanks sam.i have ordered o1 for 8.5k @letsbuy. Will be receiving the device tmrw.
Also planning to get a Verbatim 8GB C4 card too. While reading forum I got confused abt the unmounting issue. thanks again.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
hmm...thx. bt right nw, am nt in a mood of flashing again a rom. just flashed cm7. lets wait for the nxt mik_os cm7 sable release....

been over a month since mike released an update for CM7. don't know whats he cooking.

thanks sam.i have ordered o1 for 8.5k @letsbuy. Will be receiving the device tmrw.
Also planning to get a Verbatim 8GB C4 card too. While reading forum I got confused abt the unmounting issue. thanks again.

welcome buddy & congrats :smile: 8.5k for white or black O1? i heard white one cost around 1k more.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Today, my phone got stuck in "headset" mode without me using a headset. It just wouldn't come out of it no matter what I did... Restarts... wipe cache... pull battery... insert and remove headphones... nothing worked...

I thought this is a hardware problem and I am screwed. Might have to go back to stock LG ROM to get warranty...

But it sorted out automatically in a hour...

I guess its a bad idea to keep the phone around water (was listening to a podcast in the toilet)... Some droplet of water might have entered into the headphone jack... Once the water dried, the phone was back again...

Updated to Mik's 6.5.6 OS... it was laggy until I repatched Franco's kernel 18.1+ZRAM... Now everything is cool... ;)

guru_urug

iGoogle
Hey guys...was a lil busy few days. Now Im back :razz:

Im still on mik cm7 6.6 with franco .35 kernel(July 25 update)
The blackscreen is very rare with screen anim off. And the performance and battery are superb for me. I left for college today(8am) with 39% battery....was still around 15-20%(3.45pm) when I returned home. 3-4 voice calls and a number of sms(in lectures) :razz: plus a little light games for 15 mins in the bus. Overall its impressive. Obviously I kept data services/wifi off and brightness was 100% outdoors/40%indoors and freq was 600/320(smoothass).

@gmg9
for gps try using gpsstatus from market. Make sure u clear and update gps cache from the app menu.
*market.android.com/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2&feature=search_result

To check apps2sd and monitor storage use a2sdgui.
*market.android.com/details?id=com.elgubbo.a2sdGUI&feature=search_result

*OFFTOPIC*
Is it just me or is SE xperia mini pro an excellent pricing by Sony?
I mean it got all the bells and whistles. Screen is smaller I agree but the h/w keyboard means more room on the screen without fingers. Also the procy+gpu combo is unrivalled at this pricepoint. Also the minipro comes with front cam too. Cud this be the next bestbuy @15k and it will get lesser. Kudos to sony for competitive pricing at launch. Pleasant surprise :p

chandrudme

Journeyman
Its black.... Yes white is 1K higher... I Got the device today... Just xploring it.. Its cool!!
i will be disturbing you for sometime until i get knowledge in android :) Pl excuse..

Top Bottom