The LG Optimus One Thread

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@AndroidFan, rom manager will install clockworkmod recovery. so can be used to flash new roms. but in case of amonra, you manually need to input commands using terminal or adb. not easy.

PS: great to see franco here :smile:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Ok, I got these Custom Recovery and Custom ROM thing. But what does this flashing kernel means?? Means it changes the Kernel version(updated kernel) on the same ROM that I'm using??

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Ok, I got these Custom Recovery and Custom ROM thing. But what does this flashing kernel means?? Means it changes the Kernel version(updated kernel) on the same ROM that I'm using??

Yes, exactly. Kernel is the heart of the OS. Either you install Void based Froyo 2.2 or Mik's CM7, the OS would remain the same. But patching the kernel would make changes under the hood.

-------------------------------------------------
Before patching Franco's kernel, Quadrant score was 1100+. Now its 1200+

Neocore score is between 52-55fps, as before.

Hopefully, battery would improve. On Void, my phone would drain less than 5% on idle standby overnight. But CM7 drained 20% yesterday in 9 hours idle (Wifi, Edge off) (even after battery calibration).

Set frequencies Max 600, Min 600 using Smartass governer in SetCPU. Lets see how it goes...

Cheers!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
-------------------------------------------------
Before patching Franco's kernel, Quadrant score was 1100+. Now its 1200+

Neocore score is between 52-55fps, as before.

Set frequencies Max 600, Min 600 using Smartass governer in SetCPU. Lets see how it goes...

Cheers!

Changed frequencies to Max 710 Min 480 using SavagedZen governer in SetCPU.

Quadrant Advanced score is now 1300+ and Neocore is 58 FPS.

Compared to my stock phone...

Pre-Modding Stock LG Froyo 2.2.1

Quadrant Standard – 463
Neocore – 31.8 FPS

After Void Echo OCed to 729 MHz Froyo 2.2

Quadrant Standard – 555
Neocore – 51.3 FPS
Gingerbread seems faster... Will test this setting for some time...

Cheers!

Last edited:

varoon

Broken In
Hello People

I want help again :p
After doin, what feels like a world tour of Custom roms (Not a good tour though), i have decided to use Void: Echo which seems like the most stable froyo rom.
Looks good , effecient and effective. One question though

I cant enable Mobile data Network, im with MTNL in delhi. Any body has ideas how can i use my 3g with void echo.
I do all the settings like APN and stuff but still cant connect, nor do i see any H or 3G or E on the notification bar ??

Hello People

I want help again :p
After doin, what feels like a world tour of Custom roms (Not a good tour though), i have decided to use Void: Echo which seems like the most stable froyo rom.
Looks good , effecient and effective. One question though

I cant enable Mobile data Network, im with MTNL in delhi. Any body has ideas how can i use my 3g with void echo.
I do all the settings like APN and stuff but still cant connect, nor do i see any H or 3G or E on the notification bar ??

Change the network mode to GSM/WCDMA auto. If you have done that..try rebooting your phone. Hope it helps.

varoon

Broken In
Change the network mode to GSM/WCDMA auto. If you have done that..try rebooting your phone. Hope it helps.

It was already on GSM/WCDMA auto mode, but i still made a reboot but didnt work still. Is that normal ? I flashed Devoid first and it was not working in Devoid too.
but later i flashed Cyganmod, it was working in 2.3
Strange, am i missing something here ?

GOT IT :)
Apparently I had to change the apns-conf.xml file in the void Echo rom. Did that and works like Charm. Wuhuuuuuu

k4ce

Youngling
I flashed back stock v10B ... have a few exams coming up ... so dont want to lose any time playing with my o1 .... So on stock with no recovery .... will stay like this for a couple of months at least ... Might not be on the forum for a while as well .... So long everyone :)

Happy modding !!!

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
I flashed back stock v10B ... have a few exams coming up ... so dont want to lose any time playing with my o1 .... So on stock with no recovery .... will stay like this for a couple of months at least ... Might not be on the forum for a while as well .... So long everyone :)

Happy modding !!!

Awesome... All the best for the exams...

---------------------------------------
Flashed Franco's new kernel 14.1

But had to revert back to kernel 14 because the new kernel broke my Wifi. My Wifi would loop at "Obtaining IP Address". Tried clearing cache and Dalvik cache and rebooting multiple times... Nothing worked.

Went back to kernel 14. Wifi is working again...

Cheers!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mik_os released beta 6.5.1,downloading it now....

performance is low & have WiFi disconnection issue (fixed with a patch).

Sam, please provide link to Wifi patch. Reverting to Franco's old kernel didn't work for long. Phone can no longer connect to Wifi...

Top Bottom