The LG Optimus One Thread

@sam you still using void ? I am looking for a change from CM7 to froyo, and not sure which new rom is available, don't want to go through xda posts. Any suggestions ?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes. i am still using void. But why you wish to go back? CM7 stable rom released even if it is still in beta. well, i think you should try devoid. cause its the only rom that is different. rest all are like xerox of one another with little modification.

Last edited:
yes. i am still using void. But why you wish to go back? CM7 stable rom released even if it is still in beta. well, i think you should try devoid. cause its the only rom that is different. rest all are like xerox of one another with little modification.

Yeah I know, been on CM7 from day 1. Never looked back. Will make nandroid of cm7, and then will try devoid for a day or two..lol just for fun. Its being long time flashing a rom.

leo

Broken In
hie, guys , i got my lg01 on 17th , for 9900 , in ahmedabad
congrats to all of u for using it for so long , its a nice phone ,
i was in a fix between lg01 and samsung fit , and i chose the better one , lg one

why isnt any other color available except for black , i wanted white which looks good in samsung fit ,

battery doesnt indicate when its under 15% and over 90% ,
so to check it its still charging , have to go to settings -> phone -> battery
atleast they cud put a small led on the charger !!!

got upgraded my phone to 2.2.2 , yesterday from lg service centre ,
can i update it next time , from android market or at our pc at home ?

i guess , rooting the phone (mostly to remove preloaded apps) means , formating it completely ,, correct me if wrong,,
and if true ,, doesnt the warranty get cancelled , if rooted ... ?

my software version is v10d - march - 01-2011
kernel version 2.6.32.9
android version 2.2.2

lemme know if i have to catch up

i downloaded quantrom standard , and it shows score of 463 ,,
temme its good

NainO

Believe Me or Not!!!
hie, guys , i got my lg01 on 17th , for 9900 , in ahmedabad
congrats to all of u for using it for so long , its a nice phone ,
i was in a fix between lg01 and samsung fit , and i chose the better one , lg one

Congrats :)

battery doesnt indicate when its under 15% and over 90% ,
so to check it its still charging , have to go to settings -> phone -> battery
atleast they cud put a small led on the charger !!!

Use any widget.

got upgraded my phone to 2.2.2 , yesterday from lg service centre ,

You can update it using "Update Notification". With your phone already updated to 2.2.2, I think next update wud gonna be 2.3.

i guess , rooting the phone (mostly to remove preloaded apps) means , formating it completely ,, correct me if wrong,,
and if true ,, doesnt the warranty get cancelled , if rooted ... ?

my software version is v10d - march - 01-2011
kernel version 2.6.32.9
android version 2.2.2

Sadly there is no way to root 2.2.2, only 2.2 can be rooted.
And you are right you exploit LG's terms and conditions (read, warranty) if you root your device. But you can always unroot and revert back to stock settings :)

lemme know if i have to catch up

Follow XDA and this thread to keep yourself updated :-D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

market is more like a software or game download center. LG software/firmware updates can't be found there.

rooting the phone (mostly to remove preloaded apps) means , formating it completely ,, correct me if wrong,,

rooting means giving the installed apps root/admin permission. rooting is easy but downgrade of OS (to the rootable version) is a bit tricky.

i downloaded quantrom standard , and it shows score of 463 ,,
temme its good

also try neocore.

leo

Broken In
mmmmm .... m not going for the root thing , though it sounds the most in thing and happening thing around , most of the threads flooded it with ,, and though it will save me from the "crap" apps (like bollywoodji) , and perhaps also improves processor speed from 600 to lets say , 710 ,
and wht other benefits ,, mmmmm , m i missing something from all the posts i read .... ! temme if there are any other benefits tht may incline me to root .

btw , all u guys (without naming any1 in particular,,) are doin a great team work to help fellow 01s , thnks for being so active and immediate to post and help ..

i just did a cold lamination on my phone , it covers the sensors , still working very nice , just as earlier

and btw , dint i get a cd, whers the pc suite ?

try apps like , google sky map
for online tv channels , try apps like mtv, aajtak, utv pack, colors, and others from Zeenda.TV - Watch Live TV Channels on your Android Phone!
for antivirus , avg , ssf and fake calls and messages , sp
browser - dolphin , messenger - ebuddy

can i just block a application like bollywood ji , with the help of something like , titanium backup ,,
without having to root the phone ?

can u all guys add me on
leoasardi@gmail.com , to be in touch.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
mmmmm .... m not going for the root thing , though it sounds the most in thing and happening thing around , most of the threads flooded it with ,, and though it will save me from the "crap" apps (like bollywoodji) , and perhaps also improves processor speed from 600 to lets say , 710 ,
and wht other benefits ,, mmmmm , m i missing something from all the posts i read .... ! temme if there are any other benefits tht may incline me to root .

Saving a lot of space in ur phone memory, moving apps2sd, making your phone snappier and faster and also more customizable..

go to lg website and download it.. it doesn't come bundled

try apps like , google sky map
for online tv channels , try apps like mtv, aajtak, utv pack, colors, and others from Zeenda.TV - Watch Live TV Channels on your Android Phone!
for antivirus , avg , ssf and fake calls and messages , sp
browser - dolphin , messenger - ebuddy

can i just block a application like bollywood ji , with the help of something like , titanium backup ,,
without having to root the phone ?

Firstly there is no need for a antivirus on this phone (my 2 cents).. it really slows down the performance.. you cannot use titanium backup without rooting your phone neither uninstall the custom apps that come with the phone without rooting the device..

oh btw rooting will just take a few mins at most and its like opening just another app.. and as pointed out earlier you can't root the 2.2.2.. u need to downgrade to 2.2 and then root..

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!

If you are happy with your phone, don't root it. It is risky...

I downgraded and rooted my phone to install a custom ROM. But regular users don't need to do it.

The PC Suite is in the SD card. If you have not formatted the SD card, then you can get it from there. I have not used the PC Suite... never felt any need for it. My contacts are in the Gmail cloud, which can be synced anytime...

Saving a lot of space in ur phone memory, moving apps2sd, making your phone snappier and faster and also more customizable..

Agree completely...

is it safe? cause the screen protector that came with the mobile is getting peeled off slowly.

My screen protector peeled off... Luckily, the 5 screen protectors pack arrived from the US. I wasted 3 of them, trying hard to apply it properly... It just doesn't happen... Right now, I am using the 3rd protector, but there still are a few bubbles.

Also, it was the Optimus T screen protector, which has a cut for the proximity sensor on the right side instead of the left. But still, the sensor works fine...

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
My screen protector peeled off... Luckily, the 5 screen protectors pack arrived from the US. I wasted 3 of them, trying hard to apply it properly... It just doesn't happen... Right now, I am using the 3rd protector, but there still are a few bubbles.

i am trying everything to keep the stock one.

ok so this gives me an idea that applying these protectors are not that easy as i have previously thought. maybe its better to go to some shop & let them apply it.

Also, it was the Optimus T screen protector, which has a cut for the proximity sensor on the right side instead of the left. But still, the sensor works fine...

it'll work fine. after all it just needs proper light.

bharathbala2003

why need title?
@androidFan the bubbles usually takes a couple of days to disappear but they eventually go.. at least happened that way in my xtreme guard..

k4ce

Youngling
Well I bought a case for my O1 from global buy ... 1072 INR ... it came with a screen guard as well .. haven't used the screen guard as yet ... it's perfect though (just like the stock one ... with separation for the proximity sensor) ...

instead i went to a local store and got a 100 rupee screen guard (it's not perfect for the fone but he will cut it and apply it for u) .. and it seems to be doing the job .. going strong since three months now .. try it ...

By the way, try getting the case ... trust me, it is worth the money

@androidFan the bubbles usually takes a couple of days to disappear but they eventually go.. at least happened that way in my xtreme guard..

You don't get the installation card to remove the bubbles ? Some sharp board ? I had no problem with Amzer screenguard. No bubbles at all..not even one :shock:and the installation is quite easy.

k4ce

Youngling
^ ... its the root originally intended for gingerbread ... working on 2.2.1 for O1 ... try on 2.2.2 ... should work mostly

Top Bottom