The LG Optimus One Thread

chandrudme

Journeyman
hi sam

so its time to updated icy for O1...

i have download CM 9-KANG... currently i'm with O2... the up gradation process looks tedious :(

Install official Gingerbread using KDZ -> rooting by superoneclick-> install custom recovery -> and Finally CM9

is there a easy process?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
I'm very much interested in this new 4.0.3 ROM. My only question is that how can I get the new baseband in my phone? Currently using Cyanogenmod-7.2.0-RC0-OptimusOne-KANG.
hi sam

so its time to updated icy for O1...

i have download CM 9-KANG... currently i'm with O2... the up gradation process looks tedious :(

Install official Gingerbread using KDZ -> rooting by superoneclick-> install custom recovery -> and Finally CM9

is there a easy process?

for both of you:
flash the newbaseband using the LG MDP or if your mobile is still under warranty, take it to service center and ask them to flash the official GB. come home, root it, flash custom recovery, then ICS.

chandrudme

Journeyman
what is LG MDP? is it possible to upgrade the baseband alone??

Hope the below link is correct for baseband upgrade..
[HOWTO] Flashing baseband (radio) via LGMDP.exe • HOWTOs Doktornotor's Android Forum

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
yes. follow the link. but backup the current baseband and save it. even if everything goes fine, save it somewhere. secondly, disable LG virtual modem. i got stuck in the flashing process halfway and it was by sheer luck that my mobile was not rendered unusable.

chandrudme

Journeyman
i think i have done it correctly... MDP utility says "Download complete!
But baseband is mentioned as Unknown in O2!! hope O2 doesn't recognize new baseband..

why gapps by Kang is 50MB!!?

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
O2 upto a certain version has old baseband. so it'll show as unsupported. once you flash CM7.2 or Cm9, it'll show baseband as well as signal.

open it with rar & delete the optional folder. you may delete more files. check the decrapify your android link from my signature.

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Oh thanks man.. Tried giving reputation to you but it says "You must spread some reputation around". :).. BTW, that PC Sync software is huge. 117 MB..

I update the phone to the official LG Gingerbread update via the LG PC Sync software. But, now the phone is stuck on the Android screen. What should I do?

EDIT:- Did a hard reset & it is working again.

chandrudme

Journeyman
successfully migrated to ICS.. its super cool.. thanks sam..

knight

follow this link for base band upgrade.. its a small file only (use Baseband v20G)
[HOWTO] Flashing baseband (radio) via LGMDP.exe • HOWTOs Doktornotor's Android Forum

sam i have a prob.. i have restored backup apps.. now i'm unable move them to SD card using apps 2 SD.. it says no enough space... bt my card has more than a GB free space!

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Oh thanks man.. Tried giving reputation to you but it says "You must spread some reputation around". :).. BTW, that PC Sync software is huge. 117 MB..

I update the phone to the official LG Gingerbread update via the LG PC Sync software. But, now the phone is stuck on the Android screen. What should I do?

EDIT:- Did a hard reset & it is working again.

this looks like a common problem for LG & Samsung. once updated, mobile gets stuck in manufacturer screen. hard reset to the rescue again :)

successfully migrated to ICS.. its super cool.. thanks sam..

enjoy :grin:

BTW, gallery works?

sam i have a prob.. i have restored backup apps.. now i'm unable move them to SD card using apps 2 SD.. it says no enough space... bt my card has more than a GB free space!

sorry no idea about this

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
OK new problem.. Gingerbreak isn't working on the official 2.3.3 from LG.. any other method?

EDIT: Rooted using Unlock Root.. Once again, thanks to Sam..

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
enjoy. i have used ICS just after a month its sources were released. seen Cyanogenmod9 grow from a almost unusable (extremely laggy, slow, bad battery life, buggy like hell) rom to the most stable, usable and one with best battery life.

ICS is one beautiful OS. sad that our mobile can't utilize it fully nor can we use it properly cause of the small screen but still, once you use it. you'll love it :)

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Updates:- The phone feels fast now. The camera is NOT working. The gallery doesn't either.

@Royal_tarun, how did your gallery start working again?

chandrudme

Journeyman
Gallery works sometimes... Some apps also sometimes not working .. seems erratic problem..

anyone tried MIUI-GB Beta #2[Base-CM7 Nightly]?

[PORT]MIUI-GB Beta #2[Base-CM7 Nightly] - xda-developers

pratik385

In the zone
Guys, A problem is arise since yesterday, whenever i insert SD card phone hangs. I cant get it unlocked, screen goes black. But if i remove batttery and remove SD card and restart phone it works normally. Card is class 2.

Also, SAM which ICS rom is stable?
and its pros and cons please, i will use it :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom