guys i have bsnl 2G sim but have done that 3G trick
but iam not getting that much speed, it plays between 40-50 kbps only

anyone using bsnl 3G ?

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
guys i have bsnl 2G sim but have done that 3G trick
but iam not getting that much speed, it plays between 40-50 kbps only

anyone using bsnl 3G ?

Kindly tell me the 3G trick... I want to port to BSNL... ;)

My friend is getting 80 kbps+ on his SIM in an O1... so, i don't know why you are not getting faster speeds...

Have you unchecked "Use Only 2G" from Menu >> Settings >> Wireless >> Mobile Network settings?

pratik385

In the zone
yeah i have done that man, also set the APN
but not more than 50kbps :/

and about the 3G trick, ive done it in a local mobile shop. He gave me a bsnl sim card for 50 rs and he told me that he will take care of everything :D

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
time to test easy tether.

also this rom got lot less settings. will need to use 3rd party apps.

Update: tethering works fine if you use easy tether (USB only).

this is one fast & light rom. after void, this is the perfect rom.

Klub Class

Broken In
Android Gurus,

My LG P500 was running on CM7.1 mik ROM for the last few weeks. But since a day or two, I'm facing a weird *no network coverage issue*

Whenever I turn ON my phone after switching it OFF, the phone never catches the network signals. But after rebooting the phone a few times or keeping the phone idle for couple of minutes the phone catches the signal on it's own!!

Further I'm facing troubles in enabling airplane mode. The phone refuses to go to airplane mode. That is, whenever I select the airplane mode, the mobile networks and related options gets blacked out as usual, but few seconds later the options becomes available, suggesting us that the phone did not go to airplane mode.

I was under the assumption that the problem might be due to either faulty SIM or bugs in the custom ROM. But I was proved wrong as the SIM works perfectly in other phones and the above issues persists even after flashing official 2.2 ROM

Again, I was facing another issue, ie I was NOT able to receive any calls or messages on my phone even while using perfectly working SIM cards whereas I'm able to call others or receive calls.

So, what's exactly wrong with my phone? It looks more like an hardware issue for me. The board was replaced 2-3 months back as it was found to be defective.

1) I have flashed the ROMs the right way. Ask clevermax, I had pinged every now and then to clear my stupid queries while flashing.

2) The phone still has 2 months warranty remaining.

3) The GPS, WiFi, bluetooth etc works perfectly fine.

4) I'm able to find the cell phone towers by manually searching for them in the settings menu.

In my understanding one need to have a working SIM to search for the towers. Did I get it right?

PS : Don't tell me that my phone is jinxed. :grin:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Nice :)

Thanks for the update sam. I don't use tethering much, so waiting for popdog123 to fix it. ;)

@Klub Class : I'd suggest to try another ROM and check.

Why don't you try O2, you don't need to like it. Just check it out if everything is working fine. Otherwise just report the problem in CM7 thread over XDA.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ yup. oxygen rom.

@krishnandu, but official froyo isn't working. looks like the GSM chip inside the mobile developed some kind of problem. well he should try oxygen rom if it still doesn't work, give it to LG service center & let them fix it for you.

In my understanding one need to have a working SIM to search for the towers. Did I get it right?

yes. without sim how will your mobile know which is your service provider :smile:

@Klub Class, try turning on 3G once.

chandrudme

Journeyman
thanks sam.. downloading oxygen...

anybody using silicon jelly case for O1? If saw this on letsbuy.. need to know whether this will be useful..

Buy Amzer Silicone Skin Jelly Case - Grey for LG Optimus One P500 at Best Price in India - Also find Specifications, Photos, Features & Reviews

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Yes, I was trying to say that actually. Try O2 once and see if it works otherwise service center.

Remember to remove CWM / other recovery, and flash back Stock Froyo, Unroot it and delete rooted apps.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Nice, in that case I doubt where's the problem.

You can keep using O2 otherwise to be sure you can flash back everything originals and give it to LG Service Center for a RMA.

Top Bottom