The LG Optimus One Thread

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Let us keep this thread dedicated for O1 discussion. Lets not spoil it.

So discuss deal matter over *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/143409-mobile-deals-price-updates-digitians.html and *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/mobile-monsters/93253-buying-new-mobile-check-out-these-sites.html

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Ice Cream Sandwich (theme). install it. then select the launcher theme from within GO Launcher. tried with AWD but looks equally bad.

for the wallpaper download manually, edit & set. the bundled wallpaper are too big & looks blurred.

Klub Class

Broken In
My LG P500 currently runs on official 2.3.3 GB ROM. I'm thinking on the lines of flashing a custom ROM.

Basically I want to flash a Custom ROM which is :

• Stable
  • Working GPS
  • Good Battery Life
  • Decent Camera Clarity

Any suggestions? :?:

Further, I've a query :

1) I just went through xda forum and came across a line which read as :

This ROM runs on old baseband.

Truth to be told, I don't understand what exactlyis old baseband and new baseband.

Someone please explain me :

• The difference between old & new basebands
  • How to switch from one baseband to other, say from old to new or new to old.
PS: The only thing I know of basebands is that it refers to the range of frequencies of signals.

Last edited:

pratheekb96

Unemployed
My LG P500 currently runs on official 2.3.3 GB ROM. I'm thinking on the lines of flashing a custom ROM.

• Stable
  • Working GPS
  • Good Battery Life
  • Decent Camera Clarity

Further, I've a query :

Truth to be told, I don't understand what exactlyis old baseband and new baseband.

PS: The only thing I know of basebands is that it refers to the range of frequencies of signals.

for a stable ROM u cud chek out miks roms at xda at this link
miks rom is very stable and has pretty gud battery life despite wat every1 says.... gps probably will take a long time to lock on to ur position and u mite b disappointed with the camera performance.....
for a list of all available roms,kernels, etc go here

since u upgraded ur O1 to official gingerbread, ur phone has a new baseband...most of the custom roms only work on the older baseband
baseband is basically a type of frequency band that communicates with ur simcards signals so if u dont hv the right baseband, ur simcard wont work

if u want to use custom roms which require the older baseband like miks rom or almost all cyanogen roms, ull have to flash this fix for ur baseband....then ur simcard will start working but u probably wont b able to use the sim network connection (2G/3G)

Last edited:

tmanikandan

The Incredible
This is not a Go Launcher theme

Sorry as I thought that you are asking about the ICS launcher

IRIS for Android..> It is similar to Siri of Iphone. Please do check it and I feel it is good.

Last edited:

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member

• Stable
  • Working GPS
  • Good Battery Life
  • Decent Camera Clarity

Further, I've a query :

As already said by pratheekb96, Mik's CM7 is the best stable ROM out there.

Data and everything else will work, after downgrading baseband...

Check...
1. New Baseband ROM(Official 2.3.3 nd Related)to Old Baseband ROMs(Phoenix,CM7)OMG Guide - xda-developers
2. [GUIDE] How to upgrade/downgrade baseband for noobs - xda-developers
3. [HOWTO] Flashing baseband (radio) via LGMDP.exe - xda-developers

for downgrading basebands...

Flash...
[KERNEL][04 SEP]franco.Kernel |.v19.4| 2.6.32.46 - xda-developers or [KERNEL][12 OCT] Goldenleaf .v111012 / franco.Kernel.v19.4-gbs.v18c - xda-developers (For Mik's 6.5.x)

---OR---

[KERNEL][02 OCT]franco.Kernel | .v1.1-02102011 | 2.6.35.14 - xda-developers (For Mik's 6.6.x)

...to get better performance and better battery backup.

You will be disappointed by camera performance like us all...

But GPS works fine for me by default, which doesn't works fine for many others. If yours take a lot of time to get Lock, apply AGPS Patch LG Optimus One 2.2 (New LG Build) | GET BACK TO RAPID GPS LOCK & MORE SATS - xda-developers to fix GPS problem.

If you experience camera flicker after flashing try [FIX][SOURCE] Camera Flicker - xda-developers to fix.

And finally...the whole tutorial, downgrading baseband -> rooting -> flashing custom recovery -> custom ROM.
[HOWTO] Flashing To Old Baseband Using KDZ + Rooting + Installing Custom Recovery - xda-developers

Gollum

Collector
i will stop using my optimus for internet, movies and games from today. for today i get my second laptop and third computer.
this, however, means that from today, i will start testing custom roms in this phone. currently running official GB. so, will have to downgrade to v2.2 with kdz and then root and then the steps above.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
@Gollum, or try some custom roms based on official V20B or the one ported from Optimus Net before you downgrading your mobile to old baseband.

AndroidFan

Peak Oil is real!
Google will open source ICS code at the end of December, as far as I know... So, a few months after that, we can expect CyanogenMod 9 based on ICS...

pratheekb96

Unemployed
So cyanogen8 was supposed to be honeycomb?? And I'm guessing it nvr happened coz honeycombs source code was not released??

Sent from my LG-P500 using Tapatalk

Top Bottom