The Lenovo Z500 with GT 740m thread

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
Update the bios. Old Lenovo bioses are trash. My old one showed that I had a battery capacity of 7000 mWh which lead to a fight between me and a guy named sksundaram.
the BIOS is already up to date..... i regularly check for updates on website.....
by the way i will take the system to service center and try to force them to replace battery before my ADP ends and will also try for replacement of thermal paste of proccy... even though my system don't heat at all....

tanmaymohan

Geek v1.0
Should I buy z500 now ?
But I am confused between the 4gb one @nd 6gb one ?
Which one performs better?
And what would be the current price of these lappies?

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Should I buy z500 now ?
But I am confused between the 4gb one @nd 6gb one ?
Which one performs better?
And what would be the current price of these lappies?

If you can wait 2-4 months for Maxwell then do so. 4GB is sufficient but 6 GB is advisable for gaming. Obviously the 6 GB performs better. What kind of question was that? =.=
Check Flipkart for prices.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Umm.. Thanks btw
But Maxwell would be expensive so will currently go for ivy bridge
Lenovo store is nearby yeah :lol:
Maxwell is gpu not processor. :facepalm:
Contrary to popular belief...... Laptop prices remain constant but components just get upgraded and old components get discounted. Expect reduced Kepler prices 1 month before Maxwell is released here.

- - - Updated - - -

If you can't wait though then go ahead.

vinyasmusic

AM i Racing ?
Guys .. My Z500 is behaving a little weird .. The disk usage is 100% most of the time I check up with hardly anything running
even task manager shows a little over 2mbps usage
What is the solution ?

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^try to check with the task manager which process is eating up the disk usage... it should be indicated in red.. if the process looks fishy then do a virus and malware scan..

vinyasmusic

AM i Racing ?
^^^try to check with the task manager which process is eating up the disk usage... it should be indicated in red.. if the process looks fishy then do a virus and malware scan..

Done everything .. As I mentioned there is nothing above 1mbps or 2mbps at any given time but still the disk usage is 100%

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
It's probably a HDD issue. Are you copying anything? Unless the PC is heavily infected, malwares use very little resources to remain undetected unless it's a worm. Consider switching to a SSD if it's bothering you too much.

- - - Updated - - -

What is using 1 mbps except System?

vinyasmusic

AM i Racing ?
It seems to be a problem with Z500 series and Win 8 .. Lot of users reporting the same online

Chrome , System and Service Host Local System
System and Service are the ones always on top

rohitshubham

Ambassador of Buzz
^^^ well how long has this problem started?? have you updated any drivers recently or any system software?? coz my disk usage is pretty much always 0-2% when browsing net.
and the hdd is located just on the right side of the touchpad , touch and see if that area is unusually warm.

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
Yes same body same looks
But inclusion of i5-4200M and an 1TB SSHD

I believe there's a Z510 with core i7 available but that costs 60k and packs a whole lot of more firepower.
Nevertheless, Congratulations.
If yours is a SSHD then there must be a msata slot where the cache drive is placed. You might want to consider an upgrade to a full-fledged SSD later down the road.

Top Bottom