The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
I am planning to buy the 4 gb version from here. Does anyone have any comments about the seller or amazon? Also if I buy from amazon, how much will it cost me to buy extended warranty? I can't buy from dostore since they don't support EMI for HDFC credit card.

Buy it from a Lenovo Exclusive store in your city. 4gb ones there are going for as low as 74500 with 3 year warranty.( Cash). and I guess 1500 more if paid by card. Then call your bank and ask them to divide the purchase amount into EMI's.
This way You will be assured of a lenovo authorized product, will get the product after seeing it physically , will get 3 years warranty and also pay an amount which is less than that of thedostore.

ashikns

ByTeS fLoWiNg ThRu VeIns!
Buy it from a Lenovo Exclusive store in your city. 4gb ones there are going for as low as 74500 with 3 year warranty.( Cash). and I guess 1500 more if paid by card. Then call your bank and ask them to divide the purchase amount into EMI's.
This way You will be assured of a lenovo authorized product, will get the product after seeing it physically , will get 3 years warranty and also pay an amount which is less than that of thedostore.

I am living in Kochi. I haven't seen any Lenovo exclusive stores around here. Does anyone know? In the lenovo website they list one that's 50 kilometers away from kochi. Maybe I'll go there I guess :/

Also, why does most online stores list it as Lenovo Y50-70? What does the 70 stand for?

nrvpnchl

Broken In
Can't we get extended warranty on laptop purchased from third party reseller?
What's the actual process to get warranty extension ?

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
I am living in Kochi. I haven't seen any Lenovo exclusive stores around here. Does anyone know? In the lenovo website they list one that's 50 kilometers away from kochi. Maybe I'll go there I guess :/

Also, why does most online stores list it as Lenovo Y50-70? What does the 70 stand for?

Call them first, greet them and say you are ready to buy y50 but need a minimum quote for it along with 3 years warranty. Get the quote and if you find it decent, visit there and buy it :)
Always better to buy an expensive laptop from a store, boot it in front of them, check for dead pixels etc too.

P.S- I am going to buy Y50 only it seems, 74500 is a killer price, next similar option is msi one for 125000. which is way above my budget :(

interceptor47

Right off the assembly line
I did read the FAQ. There was nothing that said that you can't get extended warranty if you bought it from non-lenovo store. Even there was a field in registration form that asks about from where you bought it.
It simply means that we can get extended warranty even if it's purchased from third party reseller.

FYI - The FAQ mentions that the extended warranty isn't applicable if the Y50 is bought from few online retailers such as Snapdeal, Amazon. See that clause below:

27.Are products purchased online eligible to avail the offer?

Ans. Online purchases made from the website ???????..., Flipkart ( WS Retailer only) and Croma are eligible to avail the offer. The offer is not applicable for purchases made from any other online websites apart from the ones mentioned above. Thus purchases from websites “Snapdeal, ShopClues, Ebay, Amazon, Myntra, Jabong, Yupme etc. are not eligible under the offer.

FAQ's

nrvpnchl

Broken In
Registration for the extended warranty was done at Lenovo Promo

I did read the FAQ. There was nothing that said that you can't get extended warranty if you bought it from non-lenovo store. Even there was a field in registration form that asks about from where you bought it.
It simply means that we can get extended warranty even if it's purchased from third party reseller.

- - - Updated - - -

I did not buy the laptop from a Lenovo Store.

and you still got the warranty

pkkumarcool

Game & anime Lover
guys i m getting a laptop this week but budget is around 65k should i am getting for y510 i5 version for 63k or wait for y50 prices to get lower

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
guys i m getting a laptop this week but budget is around 65k should i am getting for y510 i5 version for 63k or wait for y50 prices to get lower

If you don't mind the screen or can replace the screen late, try to squeeze in Y50. You'll not regret it.

udaylunawat

In the zone
I am getting y50 4gb in nagpur at 61k through toll tax dealers without the bag and extra accessories . Still mulling over the screen as I am not much of a gamer.......

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
I asked atleast 5 shops in delhi ncr, the least you can get it for is 74k.
Wonder how you guys can get it that cheap, very Strange

jakephilips

Broken In
[MENTION=294330]jakephilips[/MENTION]
Slightly off topic philips. I would like to know from where you are going to buy the laptop in bangalore. The seller address or at least the area of purchase would suffice. Thank you.

I picked it up from this place in koramangala called Midland Enterprises. The gentleman in charge has an attitude problem but as long as we stick to busines its all good. Laptops great so far. I got the 4GB variant for 75.5k. Updated all drivers without a glitch! COD:Ghosts and FIFA15 breeze through without any issues. Will be testing BF4 and TC: Ghost Recon next. Will keep y'all updated. Cheers

evilsoul

Broken In
Yup, same here. I am planning to upgrade my ram too. Anyone got any good option on which one to buy.?
I am also planning on getting a 2tb external hard drive, preferably the new Seagate Backup Plus Slim. Can you guys please recommend from where to buy.?

Thanks.

can you please tell which ram you are buying i know its ddr3 but what's the difference of latency and voltage ? :|

Top Bottom