The Lenovo Y50 Thread.

little

Journeyman
I dont know anyone, but the lenovo website is clearly stating you get extended warranty with 4gb version.

Where does it say specifically about the 4GB version? I don't remember seeing it on the website.

The website states that Y50 is eligible for this offer but they are giving this offer only on the 2GB model.

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
Where does it say specifically about the 4GB version? I don't remember seeing it on the website.

The website states that Y50 is eligible for this offer but they are giving this offer only on the 2GB model.

2gb and 4gb versions have different pages on the website. Currently only 4gb version is there and it says you will get 1 + 2 warranty.

vineetpratik

Broken In
Yes, they were thousands of files. Copied single 400MB file:: Within the same HDD: 20-45 MB/s. HDD to 3.0 USB Drive: 18-22 MB/s.

I usually get 70-100MBPS with my external USB 3 HDD

2gb and 4gb versions have different pages on the website. Currently only 4gb version is there and it says you will get 1 + 2 warranty.

yes currently only 4gb is there and it is eligible for extended warranty , I cant find any valid reason why they wont give it on 4GB models sold in retail shops earlier. Need suggestions whom should i contact apart from the retailer.

little

Journeyman

My bad, I was checking their lenovopromo website and only Y50 is mentioned in their list of eligible devices.
I don't think anyone has go the extended warranty offer with 4GB model. :/

I am facing a little problem with Call Of Duty 4 on my Lenovo Y50 (4GB). Every few seconds (like every 100 or 120sec) the game freezes for 0.5 or 1 second and then resumes normally. This is kinda frustrating when playing online. All the setting are either on LOW or DISABLED. When I play it @ 1080p the frequency of freezes increases and when I play it on 900p my screen freezes less frequently. This game is not resource hogging and I don't see any reason why it should not run without any problems on Y50. My GPU drivers are updated.

Even at these settings it freezes for 1 sec after every 2 - 2.5 minutes.

Last edited:

retz

Broken In
What's the draw of a 4 Gb graphics card? Unless I'm missing something, you're not going to get anywhere close to 4 gb memory usage (even if you max out everything in the latest games at fullHD resolution. (Which I don't think the graphics card will be able to handle.))

little

Journeyman
I usually get 70-100MBPS with my external USB 3 HDD

yes currently only 4gb is there and it is eligible for extended warranty , I cant find any valid reason why they wont give it on 4GB models sold in retail shops earlier. Need suggestions whom should i contact apart from the retailer.

The exclusive store from where I purchased my laptop said that I'll receive the offer but the guys at lenovopromo denied giving me this offer.

- - - Updated - - -

What's the draw of a 4 Gb graphics card? Unless I'm missing something, you're not going to get anywhere close to 4 gb memory usage (even if you max out everything in the latest games at fullHD resolution. (Which I don't think the graphics card will be able to handle.))

It's kinda useless for most of the current gen. games. I doubt that even 860M is not powerful enough to use 4GB video RAM. Though some games like WatchDogs might get benefited from extra VRAM.

I went for the 4GB model because 2GB was not available anywhere in Nehru Place and I had to purchase it urgently. Anyways, the extra 2GB won't hurt. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

This is about another offer, the diwali one.

Last edited:

SaiyanGoku

kamehameha!!
I am facing a little problem with Call Of Duty 4 on my Lenovo Y50 (4GB). Every few seconds (like every 100 or 120sec) the game freezes for 0.5 or 1 second and then resumes normally. This is kinda frustrating when playing online. All the setting are either on LOW or DISABLED. When I play it @ 1080p the frequency of freezes increases and when I play it on 900p my screen freezes less frequently. This game is not resource hogging and I don't see any reason why it should not run without any problems on Y50. My GPU drivers are updated.

At even these settings it freezes for 1 sec after every 2 - 2.5 minutes.

are you serious or trolling?

CoD4: Modern Warfare, I can play it on low settings 27-30 FPS on my 7 year old Lenovo R61 without glitches.

little

Journeyman

CoD4: Modern Warfare, I can play it on low settings 27-30 FPS on my 7 year old Lenovo R61 without glitches.

I'm serious. It's really annoying when someone kills you in a multiplayer match because your lappy just froze.

- - - Updated - - -

Can this be due to some wrong or ill configured settings?

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot

oh oh me too.
I had completed MW 1 AND MW 2 in my Lenovo R61. When lag got intolerable, I used to look at the ground and move to improve FPS. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I'm serious. It's really annoying when someone kills you in a multiplayer match because your lappy just froze.

- - - Updated - - -

Can this be due to some wrong or ill configured settings?

Check if some other process is hogging up disk usage.
One of the major cons of a high end laptop is often the slow HDD which ends up slowing the rest of the system.

little

Journeyman
oh oh me too.
I had completed MW 1 AND MW 2 in my Lenovo R61. When lag got intolerable, I used to look at the ground and move to improve FPS. :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

Check if some other process is hogging up disk usage.
One of the major cons of a high end laptop is often the slow HDD which ends up slowing the rest of the system.

FPS is not a problem. Without syncing every frame I get 200+ fps but screen tearing makes it look too ugly to be played. With Vsync enabled I get a constant FPS of 60 but after every 2-3 minutes it momentarily drops down to 1 or 2 FPS and then resumes back to a constant frame rate of 60FPS.

The load times aren't great on this laptop but HDD has little role when a map or level has completed its loading.

My laptop is fully optimised (manually) and there is no application hogging CPU, HDD or RAM in the background.

Sadly, looking at the ground and moving won't be of much help in a multiplayer match. :p

Thanks for your input.

Last edited:

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
I am looking to buy this beast around Diwali now , this plus fifa 15 plus a new xbox one controller, too much $$$$ :/

Hope a little discount is there on y50 and it is widely available in 3rd party stores too.

Sadly no other gaming laptop under 85k in India :(

hsetir

Broken In

Try this
Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D settings -> Global Settings -> Power Management Mode

Set this to Maximum performance. Default is Adaptive which would cause that problem in almost all games.

little

Journeyman
Try this
Nvidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D settings -> Global Settings -> Power Management Mode

Set this to Maximum performance. Default is Adaptive which would cause that problem in almost all games.

Will try this when I get home this evening.
I have noticed that frequency of freezes increase when I keep the resolutions or setting at high.

OP
seamon

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
FPS is not a problem. Without syncing every frame I get 200+ fps but screen tearing makes it look too ugly to be played. With Vsync enabled I get a constant FPS of 60 but after every 2-3 minutes it momentarily drops down to 1 or 2 FPS and then resumes back to a constant frame rate of 60FPS.

The load times aren't great on this laptop but HDD has little role when a map or level has completed its loading.

My laptop is fully optimised (manually) and there is no application hogging CPU, HDD or RAM in the background.

Sadly, looking at the ground and moving won't be of much help in a multiplayer match. :p

Thanks for your input.

That was not for you.

rishi_sethi

Journeyman
Got a call from Lenovo asking if I was interested in buying Lenovo Y50 (I had added it to my dostore cart but didnt checkout).
They said they are offering me y50 4gb model for 77500 if I want discount, else I can pay 80k and get 3 year warranty and a 3k worth headset.

I inquired about any plans of Y50 i5 version, they said they imported 20 pieces of it and put it for sale and they got sold out pretty quickly. and Now the company has decided to only sell one model of Y50 in india, the 4gb one, thats it.

I think they might be bluffing, coz none of us here have heard about anyone buying the i5 model. I told them I have no plans of purchasing it currently and will do so around Diwali.

H_Dogg

Right off the assembly line

Hi!
Step1: Disable the driver signature thing. Google it.
Step2: Update the Nvidia drivers from Ge-Force experience. The LENOVO drivers are crap.
Step3: Right click on the game and select launch with graphics processor---HIgh power Nvidia.

Step4: You can open the Nvidia control panel and select COD from there as well if the above doesn't work.

Last edited:

little

Journeyman
Hi!
Step1: Disable the driver signature thing. Google it.
Step2: Update the Nvidia drivers from Ge-Force experience. The LENOVO drivers are crap.
Step3: Right click on the game and select launch with graphics processor---HIgh power Nvidia.

Step4: You can open the Nvidia control panel and select COD from there as well if the above doesn't work.

I have already performed a clean install of driver and Ge-Force Experience. Setting it to 'Maximum performance' didn't correct the problem.

I'm suspecting that audio driver has something to do with this issue.

About to make a new thread for this discussion.

Top Bottom