The Lenovo Ideapad Y510p Thread

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
Anyone know how to enable two finger tap - right click ? After updating win version and touchpad version this went missing. I saw a reg edit to solve this problem but i forgot address. The Lenovo laptops have different touchpad settings than other OEM it seems.

$hadow

Geek in making
Anyone know how to enable two finger tap - right click ? After updating win version and touchpad version this went missing. I saw a reg edit to solve this problem but i forgot address. The Lenovo laptops have different touchpad settings than other OEM it seems.
Go to Mouse settings for this. Then search synaptic touch pad settings and there you will find 4 different fingers gestures see how many of those you want.

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Even I can confirm that
2 finger right click is not working on Y510p.
Lenovo is also not updating drivers for Y510p. All the drivers are of 2013.

ariftwister

Truth Seeker
After digging various sites, found the solution and its working now

Even I can confirm that

Do the following:
1. To re-enable two finger tap, press Windows key + R, enter "regedit" then press enter, and on the left pane browse to the following locations:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadPS2
OR
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Synaptics\SynTP\TouchPadSMB2c
(the first location didn't work for me, but the second location did)

2. In the right pane, double click on 2FingerTapAction and change the value to a "2" (Hexadecimal) forright click, or a "4" (Hexadecimal) for middle click.

3. Double click on 2FingerTapPluginID and clear any value it may have.

4. In the right pane, find the MultiFingerTapFlags key and change it from a 2 to a 3.

4. Additionally, if you want to enable three finger tap for middle click, double click on 3FingerTapAction and change the value to a "4", also clear any value for 3FingerTapPluginID and set 3FingerTapPluginActionID to "0".

5. Restart your PC and you can see the changes well enough.

priyankgupta

Journeyman
Thanks a lot buddy
I had to do only steps 1 and 2 and the 2 finger right click is working perfectly well. :)

Hey, where did that "Like" button go? :p

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
You have to flash vBios to card for SLI to work I think. You can't overclock above 135Mhz limit.

I am on 8.1 and SLI is working fine... :) Forgot if I flashed the vBios or something when I upgraded!!! Lol!!! :mrgreen:

Don't know about the overclocking... Haven't faced any issue except that Watch_Dogs one but it was nothing good old Nvidia Inspector couldn't fix!!! :-D

seamon

Superhuman Spambot
I am on 8.1 and SLI is working fine... :) Forgot if I flashed the vBios or something when I upgraded!!! Lol!!! :mrgreen:

Don't know about the overclocking... Haven't faced any issue except that Watch_Dogs one but it was nothing good old Nvidia Inspector couldn't fix!!! :-D

I seriously don't give a damn about OSes as long as they run my fav programs.

udit247

Journeyman
Even I can confirm that

Since the hardware of Y50 and Y500/Y510p is almost same you can use drivers of Y50 in Y500/Y510p and these are recently updated.
Tried and tested!

knocknock

Broken In
hi guys
anyone use a vacuum cleaner? something like a mini usb vacuum cleaner?
are these things usable/durable? do they really work?
my y510p is very dusty around the touchpad and in the keyboard cavities. i am thinking of getting one off tradus or amazon.

Top Bottom