The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Aerrow

Journeyman
Aerrow,

I don't know too much into these but before buying a cooling pad you need to make sure that the fan doesn't make too much noise.....the belkin cooling pad make a lot of noise.

Zebronics and deep cool multi core x6 have been reported to be good from online reviews.

The zebronics nc1000 ones are open from bottom and so the fan may touch the bed and stop...so it is best used when there is sufficient gab between the fan and the bottom support (leg,wooden bench,table or whatever).... may be you can check in local store...online it is not possible.

Sure I will.. thanks for the detailed explanation. Will check at nehru place. :)

Aerrow

Journeyman
Okay...
Btw, they seem to be having some problems with the y510p in the US!!! First, it was out of stock everywhere, and now, they removed the SLI version!!! :evil:
Possibly due to heating or maybe driver issues... :|
No way in hell that's gonna be released in India any time soon... :-(

Does y500 sli graphics version have heating issues? The reviews online say otherwise. Clarifications?

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
Does y500 sli graphics version have heating issues? The reviews online say otherwise. Clarifications?

Well, I was following this forum and many guys have stated that they have had heating issues with SLI on... I mean, there have not been any throttling issues but the heat dissipated by the ultrabay graphics slot has made gaming comfortably impossible... :cry:
Maybe, that's why they did away with the SLI models... It's a shame, really... :-x

Well, I was following this forum and many guys have stated that they have had heating issues with SLI on... I mean, there have not been any throttling issues but the heat dissipated by the ultrabay graphics slot has made gaming comfortably impossible... :cry:
Maybe, that's why they did away with the SLI models... It's a shame, really... :-x

So, u will buy a coolerpad then ?

GamerKP

Broken In
I need urgent help.bought this laptop 2 days ago for rs 65500 (with tax) from supreme Kolkata.yesterday after playing max payne 3 for 3 hours it became a little hotter,so i shut it down.most amazing thing is when i tried to turn it on after half an hour there was no display,just black screen.so i did connect my pc monitor and there it was just fine.
please suggest me what should i do? this is happening twice.i went to the nearest service center and surprisingly it turned on just fine there.also now in the morning it automatically turned on.but believe me i tried so many times at night but it did not.removing battery,holding the power button etc.
now i am scared to shut down the laptop.

* forgot to mention,this version is 9647(gt 750,720pHD)

deadzone

Journeyman
I need urgent help.bought this laptop 2 days ago for rs 65500 (with tax) from supreme Kolkata.yesterday after playing max payne 3 for 3 hours it became a little hotter,so i shut it down.most amazing thing is when i tried to turn it on after half an hour there was no display,just black screen.so i did connect my pc monitor and there it was just fine.
please suggest me what should i do? this is happening twice.i went to the nearest service center and surprisingly it turned on just fine there.also now in the morning it automatically turned on.but believe me i tried so many times at night but it did not.removing battery,holding the power button etc.

I too have the same version.
For me I played bioshock at very high settings for approx 2.5 hours and it didn't became very hot...Till now its turning on properly.

May be see if the problem persists and then take to lenovo service center.

And you have to shutdown your lappy or get it more worse.

Akash Nandi

Journeyman

its a case of bad luck.... happened with my hp laptop before.
I don't have much experience with supreme computers, but try and ask for a replacement.
And if the screen problems happen again, then take it to the service center and show them. if the problem doesn't crop up right there, then wait, Play for 2-3 hrs in their service center and it'll surely set off the problem again. Thats what i did.

All the best with that.

PS : did you run any benchmarks on it?

Aerrow

Journeyman

Well.. gaming laptops do get a lil hot.. with sli and that config packed in acsmall shell... more so.... but general reviews favor this one.. not as hot as it should... manages well.. these are the general comments. Weren't you gonna order an sli version from US?

Aerrow

Journeyman

Both versions have problems?? Crap... now I'm getting scared... I am abt to take an sli one... second thoughts now... I game a lot... 5 -6 hrs in a stretch

Both versions have problems?? Crap... now I'm getting scared... I am abt to take an sli one... second thoughts now... I game a lot... 5 -6 hrs in a stretch

5-6 hours gaming in a stretch ??

Try taking a break after every 2 hours. It will be good for u n ur laptop :mrgreen:

HeRock

Broken In

I completed NFS The Run on a single stretch over around 6-7 hours... GPU temp went just over 68-69°C.. and everything was absolutely fine.. :/ (mine is GT750m 720p version)

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
I completed NFS The Run on a single stretch over around 6-7 hours... GPU temp went just over 68-69°C.. and everything was absolutely fine.. :/ (mine is GT750m 720p version)

Hey! what kind of a battery life are you getting on normal use? Also, Did they enable nvidia optimus in this laptop? Could you kindly post what kind of fps you are getting in the modern games along with a 3dmark benchmark

thank you!

HeRock

Broken In
Hey! what kind of a battery life are you getting on normal use? Also, Did they enable nvidia optimus in this laptop? Could you kindly post what kind of fps you are getting in the modern games along with a 3dmark benchmark

thank you!

There's no nvidia optimus.. it's always running on GT750m whether on battery or AC. Clocks are lower on battery, as someone mentioned earlier. Haven't done too many benchmarks... but as for the games I have played, Crysis 3 was playble at med-high settings @1280x720, Hitman absolution at high-ultra @1366x768, NFSTR at HIGH @ 1280x720.

Haven't really tested the battery life as I rarely use it on battery...

No 3dmark benchmark, it's impossible to download on my super sucky net connection.

Last edited:

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
There's no nvidia optimus.. it's always running on GT750m whether on battery or AC. Clocks are lower on battery, as someone mentioned earlier. Haven't done too many benchmarks... but as for the games I have played, Crysis 3 was playble at med-high settings @1280x720, Hitman absoltuin at high-ultra @1366x768, NFSTR at HIGH @ 1280x720.

Haven't really tested the battery life as I rarely use it on battery...

No 3dmark benchmark, it's impossible to download on my super sucky net connection.

Could you kindly post about the battery life if you happen to try it out later.

thank you for the information!

Akash Nandi

Journeyman
Guys, i was researching on the possibility of optimus on the y500 and look what i found! 1111.JPG

wouldn't make sense to issue intel drivers if optimus was disabled!

Its here. :)

Congrats h20! :D

Benchmarks! :D

H2O

Journeyman
Haha. Will provide tomorrow. :)

Now can anyone please guide me through the whole warranty check-up process thingy?

Top Bottom