The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
How to use Lenovo energy and battery management after disabling it in startup?. Because it increases 10 seconds of my BIOS time.

I tried the option in advanced power option to enable it, but it doesn't open. I even tried to open the application from program files and nothing opens..
try enabling it back. boot time is initially long but after using it for a while it keeps on reducing.

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
I enabled them in startup it came back, I want to manually open it when I need them, I don't want them to start automatically at boot
theres probably some other exe files that run along with the actual app which are disabled when you disable them in startup, which is why you cant start it manually after boot

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Mine is 6.8s. My laptop boots to desktop in 30s. But it takes another 1-1.5 min to become completely usable. So in total 1.5-2.0 min until I can use my laptop. Using KIS 2013. It loads up at last.
how come its taking so long? mine loads quite quickly even to usable... try updating windows? lol

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
When I bought it was 2.3 seconds, now it's 16.7 :eek: :what:

What are the applications you have enabled and disabled in startup?
its hard to make a list but ive disabled most of the stuff i dont need. there arent many things to begin with and lenovo energy management and battery management both are enabled.

tnny9

Broken In
hey guys

I am going to delhi on saturday, Can anyone tell reliable shop at nehru palace from where I can buy Lenovo Y500 full HD model and tentative price considering flipkart is selling at 64500.

One thing more if I happen to purchase from nehru palace, will it come with warranty?

Regards

hey guys

I am going to delhi on saturday, Can anyone tell reliable shop at nehru palace from where I can buy Lenovo Y500 full HD model and tentative price considering flipkart is selling at 64500.

One thing more if I happen to purchase from nehru palace, will it come with warranty?

Regards

There should not be warranty problem as my friend bought Samsung S03 from Nehru Place & used his warranty to replace his faulty RAM at Durgapur

When I bought it was 2.3 seconds, now it's 16.7 :eek: :what:

What are the applications you have enabled and disabled in startup?

Ya, most useless apps are disabled. KIS slows down the windows, a bit, i think so. My friend's S02 also takes approx same time as mine(Win8, KIS).

how come its taking so long? mine loads quite quickly even to usable... try updating windows? lol

My windows is set to update automatically. I've unlimited but slow net at home & unlimited, fast(1MBps DL) but few sites blocked internet at hostel of my college

anand.jha

Right off the assembly line
Hi everybody. Have been following the thread for a while now. Y500 with FHD is out of stock in my city i guess. AM shifting to Delhi by 22nd of this month and planning to buy Y500 with FHD there itself in Nehru place if I can, else will buy the new model.
My query is in FK pages for the two variants, its showing only 1 yr warranty now for 6619 whereas for 9647 its showing 1yr+1yr as it was before. So if I or someone buys 6619 model in a week, will Lenovo honor 1 year warranty or 2 year warranty?? This question is bugging me a lot because I dont want to comprise on the additional 1 year warranty for the sake of FHD even though I want it badly. Please someone help out regarding this matter.
And really have been praying to GOD that i get hold of 6619 model on 22nd with usual 2 yr warranty.:-?:|

entrana

M$™ Certified Spammer
Hi everybody. Have been following the thread for a while now. Y500 with FHD is out of stock in my city i guess. AM shifting to Delhi by 22nd of this month and planning to buy Y500 with FHD there itself in Nehru place if I can, else will buy the new model.
My query is in FK pages for the two variants, its showing only 1 yr warranty now for 6619 whereas for 9647 its showing 1yr+1yr as it was before. So if I or someone buys 6619 model in a week, will Lenovo honor 1 year warranty or 2 year warranty?? This question is bugging me a lot because I dont want to comprise on the additional 1 year warranty for the sake of FHD even though I want it badly. Please someone help out regarding this matter.
And really have been praying to GOD that i get hold of 6619 model on 22nd with usual 2 yr warranty.:-?:|

extend the warranty to the flipkart one after you buy it. it costs 64500 now and costs about 2k more to make it 2 year. or i would suggest buying from nehru place with teh 2 year warranty itself

OP
n3rd

n3rd

In the zone
Hey guys, I connected my y500 to my 3D TV and nvidia 3DTV PLAY is working perfectly.

The 3D effects is games is great and in some games such as sleeping dogs and tomb raider, the effect is awesome.

The only downside is we have to play only in 720p @60Hz or 1080p@24Hz.

Is there any tweaking to play in 1080p @60Hz?

Seriously, you won't notice any difference unless you're sitting long distance away from the TV, so not worth it.

debaspa5

Right off the assembly line
hey guys

Regards

yes i went yesterday to nehru place to get the prices of y500, apparently they no y500 in stock and they dont have the old 650 models only 750 models only, that is when it comes in stock again. even flipkart today has ran out of stock on 650 ones. your best bet is to either wait or get the new 750... :evil:

Top Bottom