The Lenovo Ideapad Y500 Thread

Hello guys.
Got the Y500 GT750M FHD, 8GB, 1TB, i7 3630QM.
with 2 yr international warranty, Lenovo Sport Backpack, N50 wireless mouse for a very very reasonable price from the US via Lenovo US.
Its been working flawlessly since then.

For those who have doubts getting the laptop from US.

*Lenovo takes around 15-20days to ship from the date of order over there, so plan accordingly if you are in to get it from there.
*Lenovo online chat sales reps will give you freebies(bag, mouse, etc) and might upgrade your warranty if you know how to talk.
*Lenovo honours international warranty fro the Y500 in India, so the laptops bought from the US will be covered over here, keep in mind that you WONT get accidental warranty just the manufacturer warranty.
*No problems for laptop chargers due to 110/220v variation, you simply need an adapter or a new power cord which is like Rs15 and Rs80 respectively.
*FHD is available over there with GT750m

Hello guys.
with 2 yr international warranty, Lenovo Sport Backpack, N50 wireless mouse for a very very reasonable price from the US via Lenovo US.

*Lenovo takes around 15-20days to ship from the date of order over there, so plan accordingly if you are in to get it from there.
*Lenovo online chat sales reps will give you freebies(bag, mouse, etc) and might upgrade your warranty if you know how to talk.
*Lenovo honours international warranty fro the Y500 in India, so the laptops bought from the US will be covered over here, keep in mind that you WONT get accidental warranty just the manufacturer warranty.
*No problems for laptop chargers due to 110/220v variation, you simply need an adapter or a new power cord which is like Rs15 and Rs80 respectively.

Congrats dude....

I am also having the similar requirement. How much u had to pay (INR or $) ?
Y u didn't to for the Y510p then ?

When exactly did u place the order ?

diya.r

Broken In
Hello guys.

How did you manage to buy from the US site when in filling up the address section there is no option for shipping to another country. If you could elaborate on the process it would be extremely helpful. Also with the import tax and CESS ,how much did it end up costing.

P. S

I had messaged lenovo India on their Facebook page, today they replied -

Lenovo India
Hi Diya, we will be soon releasing Lenovo Y510p most probably by the end of October. However we are not in the position to assure you this release. Therefore please stay tuned for the official announcements on the same

Just wanted to put this info out there

I had it delivered to my relatives in the US, they made the payment, then they got it to India so no import duties. I just had to pay tax in the US as per state law, like every other US consumer.
Will do a review as and when time permits.
Y510p wasnt launched when I ordered the Y500, Y510p doesnt have mSATA, instead it has NGFF / M2 in its most basic avatar, so large drives are not a possibility.

Please PM me for exact costs involved.

My order status page with some details masked:

*i.imgur.com/v00ydTa.gif

powerhoney

Cyborg Agent
I had it delivered to my relatives in the US, they made the payment, then they got it to India so no import duties. I just had to pay tax in the US as per state law, like every other US consumer.
Will do a review as and when time permits.
Y510p wasnt launched when I ordered the Y500, Y510p doesnt have mSATA, instead it has NGFF / M2 in its most basic avatar, so large drives are not a possibility.

Please PM me for exact costs involved.

My order status page with some details masked:

*i.imgur.com/v00ydTa.gif

Congrats on the purchase!!! :) Did you get the SLI config???

iamzero

Broken In
Hey,

I am also going to US in october and planning to buy y510p there. However, i am doubtful of import duties and all things. I fi buy there and bring it to India, do i have to pay any duties or custom tax? Did your relatives brought it packed or just the laptop.?

nandu26

In the zone
Hey,

I am also going to US in october and planning to buy y510p there. However, i am doubtful of import duties and all things. I fi buy there and bring it to India, do i have to pay any duties or custom tax? Did your relatives brought it packed or just the laptop.?

You can bring one laptop free of duties with baggage.

yashxxx

Journeyman
get 1 more for me also
Hey,

iamzero

Broken In
You can bring one laptop free of duties with baggage.

I meant that laptop completely packed in its box. Not put in the luggage. And in that case do i have to follow the green channel or red channel. If you have experience let me know or if anyone else can give me detailed insight!

nandu26

In the zone
I meant that laptop completely packed in its box. Not put in the luggage. And in that case do i have to follow the green channel or red channel. If you have experience let me know or if anyone else can give me detailed insight!

I don't have any xperience. You can bring it along with your hand baggage and declare it properly. Say u are bringing it for personal use.

Non-sli version.
Dont get the laptop packed in its box, get it unpacked and bring it saying that it is for personal use, which it really is anyway.
No taxes or duties paid in India, only the normal price and tax applicable for normal US citizens.
Warranty is applicable here under Lenovo IWS, but accidental is not applicable, just the manufacturer warranty.
PS: Just get the laptop with all the documents and accessories and skip the box and packing material, and no probs with customs.

@H2O
Thanks bro

Last edited:

diya.r

Broken In
Your lucky. Here in bangalore i contacted the lenovo showrooms. But they couldnt get their hands on the FHD version of Y500.

Top Bottom