the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

AhsanTheBest

Broken In
@mayank ur probem is vysnc...i get the same problem in nba 2010. i get 83fps on nba without vysnc and 30fps with vysnc but it stutters with vysnc also. so i tried playin in intel hd...and the game works smoothly in max settings...

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
Hey!!

I bought 6121tx finally :) Cost me 53k in SP Road. They were quoting upto 55.5k in different shops.

Came home just now. Too excited.:mrgreen: Its ice cool after working for half an hour. Need to start checking things one by one. Thanks to all for keeping this thread updated..

Congrats on your purchase. And sorry I could not help you in time.

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
@smartyrohan12, I'm yet to check on the battery life on both cards. Played CoD MW2 and DiRT 3 at max settings and it was a piece of cake for this laptop.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
@op and mods, can you please update the first page where the three hp models were compared. Though 6140 has HDMI out, it is written as VGA only and creating a lot of confusion.

tim

Right off the assembly line
please gimme ur no.bro. I gotta talk to you soon.my no.is +919803767191.i need urgent help regarding a query

tim

Right off the assembly line
dude can you plz inbox me ur no.mine is 9803767191.i need help regarding a purchase from you mate.thanks hope to get some news from ur end soon

Lucky_star

Still Shining!
HP Logo light bleeding

I found out a serious issue. When the screen is switched off, the HP Logo's light (the one on the back of the lid) is bleeding on to the screen. Its seen as a yellowish white spot on the bottom right portion of the screen. I think this isn't normal.

arsenalfan001 and members using other DV6 models, Can you please check this with your laptops? To switch of the monitor press the F4 button and select "Projector only". The screen should turn off for 10 seconds. Watch the bottom right for any bright spots. Or set the monitor to be turned off after 1 minute in power options. Remember to turn of all the lights in the room before checking.
I 'm getting really concerned on this :(

Discussions reg. this on HP forum:
HP logo affects LED LCD display? - Page 3 - HP Support Forum

HP logo affects LED LCD display? - HP Support Forum

Last edited:

sarathsnair

Journeyman
i hav a problem with my bluetooth of 6121tx.
whenever i switch on the bluetooth it says "UNABLE TO START BLUETOOTH STACK SERVICE".
But i can transfer files between my pc and mobile.
and also when i click on control device in the device list it says "Opening device control panel" for a long time and give an error, i am attatched it. i restarted the machine and it still persists.
i reset the whole system to its original factory condition and reinstalled and updated all the wireless and bluetooth drivers from HP website. still the problem occurs. pls help me.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
Installed Win8 on this machine. I am posting this to help anyone who has plans to try win8
-After fresh install boot time is 9 seconds
- Take a backup of folder SwSetup from your C disk of win7. Run setup from folder sp52110 to get coolsense on win8
-The display is set to lowest brigtness and cannot be changed. To fix this install ATI drivers and everything will be fine. But dont try to switch the gfx card . 11.9 will be out this month end and will support win8.
-Fingerprint sensor does not work; although simple pass gets installed

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
•Right-click the bluetooth device in Device Manager
•Go to Details tab
•Select the property as Hardware IDs
•Provide the value present there so that i can identify the correct driver needed for this device.

smartyrohan12

tech savy.. :D
try this
HP Wireless Assistant HP Pavilion dv7-2173cl Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

or this
Software Support for HP Integrated Module with Bluetooth Wireless Technology for Microsoft Windows 7 HP Pavilion dv8t-1000 CTO Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (United States - English)

Top Bottom