the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
@ashh
mine i the oldest - 8.810. It is the stock driver that came with 6017tx. I can still get good fps in all games. Dont upgrade it unless required. Additional info about hotfixes and drivers is available on ATI website. For ex 11.5b improves performance in 5-6 games and I dont play any of those. So I dont see the necessity of installing. In case you wanna install download and run as administrator or it wont get installed properly

alienware

Right off the assembly line
I got this info from flipkart

HP Pavilion DV6 Series DV6-6017TX (Bronze Metal) - HP Pavilion DV6 Series DV6-6017TX Laptop Price India: Buy HP Pavilion DV6 Series Notebook India: Flipkart.com at Rs. 53099

HP Pavilion DV6 Series DV6-6121TX (Black) - HP Pavilion DV6 Series DV6-6121TX Laptop Price India: Buy HP Pavilion DV6 Series Notebook India: Flipkart.com at Rs. 55460

With a price difference of just 2000 Rs they are offering a lot more?

Is flipkart reliable and good place to buy laptop?

sarthaktechgeek

Right off the assembly line
Hey guys..
I m new to this forum and i hv been reading all the previous posts.
I m planning to buy hp dv6 6121tx the one with 2gb amd 6770m graphics..but after reading the posts i am bit tensed about the issues related with the amd 6770m performance so can u pls tell me clearly about the problem? Is it true that its performance is not the same as in 6017tx?..but i think there should not be any problem and it should perform even better than the 6017tx's as it has 2 gb of memory..and same processor..i m very curious to know what the problem is.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
hey guys..
i m new to this forum and i hv been reading all the previous posts.
i m planning to buy hp dv6 6121tx the one with 2gb amd 6770m gaphics..but after reading the posts i am bit tensed about the issues related with the amd 6770m performance so can u pls tell me clearly about the problem? is it true that the its performance is not the same as in 6017tx?..but i think there should not be any problem and it should perform even better than the 6017tx's as it has 2 gb of memory..and same processor..i m very curious to know the problem is.

There is no problem. It is a bug in CoD black Ops and nothing to do with 6770m. Performance is same

ashh

Broken In
is it true that dv6 6121tx has lower clocked graphics ram..?
and in one post aniket mentioned that its clock speed is showing around 100/80 mhz only which is not good..

i bought 6121tx a week back and yes aniket is right about the clock speed.
and wei.

but they r just d results from gpuz software..i m not sure how reliable they r..
and i doubt hp wud give a slower version of same card coz its charging extra money for 1 gb more( i dont thnk 140 gb hard disk only costs extra 3000 bucks)

what i can say is that cod runs smoothly at max settings after i dealt with the driver issue( mentioned in earlier post)...

also
crysis 2, AC Brotherhood, Mafia 2,Bulletstorm,crysis(not ultra) runs smoothly with max gfx settings...

so its up to u to choose..

aniket.cain

Padawan
is it true that dv6 6121tx has lower clocked graphics ram..?
and in one post aniket mentioned that its clock speed is showing around 100/80 mhz only which is not good..

Well, the problem is with WEI and GPU-Z, because I ran Crysis 2 GPU benchmark yesterday, with all settings to Extreme, Full HDR, Bloom, etc, all set using "Crysis2AdvancedGraphicsOptions", and the results were quite good and the average fps came out to be 26.91. Pretty good actually. Even CoD : Black Ops is running fine on mine, with all settings maxed.

It doesn't seem that the GPU is underclocked, because the performance is as expected from the normal clock. Maybe the GPU-Z and WEI thing is a driver issue or something for this newer 2GB model of the card, and will be fixed in a future driver update.

Machinehead

Broken In
does this mean GPU Z is unreliable??

But Aniket.cain here got his speeds in 100s...right .......

or is it just the extra mem that cripples down the clock frequency????

N one more headed ur way guys...

is the xtra mem worth 3k?? i mean no one here wud connect to an external VGA. n the 140 gb can go fishing with nemo @ 5400rpm.

Last edited:

sarathsnair

Journeyman
hi guys, i am planning to buy 6017tx for 55120 Rs inclusive of all tax. Is it a good deal ? i am from Kottayam, Kerala.
is their any precautions that i should take before buying this lap ? Is their any problems related to this lap ? Should i ask any questions to the retailers about this stuff ? how is the after sale service of HP ?

pls give me a reply as fast u can. thanks in advance

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
hi guys, i am planning to buy 6017tx for 55120 Rs inclusive of all tax. Is it a good deal ? i am from Kottayam, Kerala.
is their any precautions that i should take before buying this lap ? Is their any problems related to this lap ? Should i ask any questions to the retailers about this stuff ? how is the after sale service of HP ?

6017tx for 55k. No man. Pay maximum 52k as quoted on HP india website and it includes all taxes

Niilesh

Padawan
I want to buy a laptop as a desktop replacement and i am considering this laptop but this laptop has a resolution of 720p. will it be good as future proofing?
as 1080p is becoming quite common these days. i would also like to know about it's camera, how is it? I only liked the dv6-6017tx's GDDR5 GPU.

can i get a better laptop at price till 65k? it should have gddr5 graphics , usb 3 ports and 1080p res.
can someone suggest one?

aniket.cain

Padawan
I want to buy a laptop as a desktop replacement and i am considering this laptop but this laptop has a resolution of 720p. will it be good as future proofing?
as 1080p is becoming quite common these days. i would also like to know about it's camera, how is it? I only liked the dv6-6017tx's GDDR5 GPU.

can i get a better laptop at price till 65k? it should have gddr5 graphics , usb 3 ports and 1080p res.
can someone suggest one?

You can try configuring Dell XPS 15. It has a much better FullHD screen, best speakers in a laptop, all the ports you want, blu-ray drive, etc. The only downside is that it has Nvidia 540M GPU which is not as strong as Radeon 6770M. Try comparing both these GPUs at notebookcheck.net to get a better idea.

naveen.raptor

Broken In
I bought the HP dv6 6121TX.Happy with it.Only cause of worry is a patch of dead pixels which appeared in the top right corner,which stayed for less than a second.

sarathsnair

Journeyman
hi guys, i am planning to buy 6017tx .

aniket.cain

Padawan
hi guys, i am planning to buy 6017tx .

Well, the only precaution that you need to take is about the serial number which has been explained on the first or second page of this forum. I have a 6121TX and haven't faced any problem with it except for the minor GPU ratings as explained earlier. But that is not a real issue as the laptop is performing fine with all of the games and programs. You can ask the dealer for extended warranty, even if you have to pay some for that. I cannot think of any other thing apart from these.

marvelousprashant

Cyborg Agent
There is a little light on f12 (wireless) key and on my macine it is white. It is due to some software/driver error. It does become red when system starts up but becomes white when windows starts to load. I m trying to fix it as i had already fixed it earlier using hit and trial. Anyone knows a proper solution?

aniket.cain

Padawan
There is a little light on f12 (wireless) key and on my macine it is white. It is due to some software/driver error. It does become red when system starts up but becomes white when windows starts to load. I m trying to fix it as i had already fixed it earlier using hit and trial. Anyone knows a proper solution?

Is the light on the key not behaving the way it is supposed to? i.e, white when wireless radios are on, and amber when they are off??

Top Bottom