the HP dv6-6017tx, 6121tx, 6140tx and dv6-6165tx thread

aniket.cain

Padawan
i encountered some problem while updating to CCC 11.7..i followed the standard procedure of uninstalling the ATI catalyst manager by express uninstall and installed Catalyst Software Suite version 11.7..after restarting i was unable to find CCC in the startup menu and also in the right-click option..

also the previously installed new graphics card driver (version 8.830.6.2000) was not there and instead the old one(version 8.830.6.1000) was present.
i again installed the new graphics driver, but the CCC is still the old one(version 2011.0412.2341.40734)..i think the new version is (2011.0707.2346.40825)..

where did i mess up :pullhair: ..need some help here :oops:

Which method did you choose during installation? Express or Custom? You have to choose 'Express' for it to install successfully. Also, did you download the Mobility version of the drivers?

Ruthra kumar

Broken In
i used express option for installing..it also installed successfully..i downloaded from:in amd site
gaming->Downloads->
AMD Radeon™ Graphics Drivers->win 7 & vista 64 bit->Catalyst Software Suite(11.7 90mb)
here is the LINK

did i install the wrong Catalyst Software Suite package??

can some 6121 owners post the GPU-Z screenshot of 6770? is the clock still at 216mhz??

pankaj/

Right off the assembly line
hey friends!!! bought HP DV6-6121TX yesterday @ Rs. 54.5k from mypcbazaar.com store @ Nehru Place, Delhi.

Performance is awesum and is the best I have seen on any laptop till date.

Games played till now: Call of Duty Black Ops, NFS Hot Pursuit,
both games gave very decent framerates and graphics acceleration. I will post more experience with this laptop as I m going to play more games on it.

Beats Sound System is the coolest one. Very gud sound quality, yet I will reccomend a headphone or external speakers for better movie and music experience.

Enjoy guyzzz, I m enjoying my HP DV6-6121TX.

kaz

right here
Accidental damage protection comes with the laptop OR we have to buy it seperately ???

In case of dell it comes with the laptop ...:idea:

no idea bro..they hvnt cleared any thing there..i jst read that..:|

vl have a chat with hp guys..

red dragon

Master troll
You will be surprised to know that they are not even interested in extending the limited warranty for another two years.Saw the 6121tx yesterday,the looks and built quality has improved a lot from last year,but the display is real real bad.

aniket.cain

Padawan
i used express option for installing..it also installed successfully..i downloaded from:in amd site
gaming->Downloads->
AMD Radeon™ Graphics Drivers->win 7 & vista 64 bit->Catalyst Software Suite(11.7 90mb)
here is the LINK

did i install the wrong Catalyst Software Suite package??

can some 6121 owners post the GPU-Z screenshot of 6770? is the clock still at 216mhz??

Check this link:
LINK
These are the drivers for Radeon Mobility. 84 MB as opposed to the 90MB you downloaded which was most probably for desktop cards.

arsenalfan001

Arsenal Fan
HP is offering one year accidental damage protection for the pavilion series. I talked to HP executive twice and both confirmed the same.
Now dont ask me to break the lappy and confirm the same :D

doesnt 6140 have a HDMI port too arsenalfan??

A HDMI port is present at the left of my laptop. Bad publicity ishu :evil:

You will be surprised to know that they are not even interested in extending the limited warranty for another two years.Saw the 6121tx yesterday,the looks and built quality has improved a lot from last year,but the display is real real bad.

My one year old dv6-2164tx has better build quality. That one is much more solid.
6140, well no. If I press the arrow keys and numpad areas little hard, I hear cracking sounds. Feels as if the keyboard is not well attached to the palm rest area.

red dragon

Master troll
^^Is it an extension(1+1yr) or accidental damage protection for the first year only?
Sorry,I was talking about 2009 models,2 years old!

aniket.cain

Padawan
HP is offering one year accidental damage protection for the pavilion series. I talked to HP executive twice and both confirmed the same.
Now dont ask me to break the lappy and confirm the same :D

My one year old dv6-2164tx has better build quality. That one is much more solid.
6140, well no. If I press the arrow keys and numpad areas little hard, I hear cracking sounds. Feels as if the keyboard is not well attached to the palm rest area.

The HP website doesn't mention any HDMI port. Only VGA is mentioned. Check the link:
HP Pavilion dv6-6140tx Entertainment Notebook PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion dv6-6140tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (India - English)
Since we haven't seen the 6140TX we can only assume the specs from the manufacturer's website.

red dragon

Master troll
First year only. As you said, they are not interested in any kind of warranty extension.
This is the catch..they are always so keen on extending warranty of probook and elitebook series(which are good machines indeed!!)
Even cheap laptops from Acer have the options of warranty extension!!This is precisely where HP sucks.

xachin

Right off the assembly line

Finally somebody agrees with me on this. Although I haven't yet checked any other unit, but I did some research on Internet and found that most companies are using these cheap TN LCD Panels so maybe people don't notice it much. But I have been used to the screen on my previous dv6114tx and it was much much better than this one. Actually these panels have 6-bit color depth rather than the norm of 8-bit True Color. Thus to reproduce the effect of true colors, they rely on dithering, but it looks bad nonetheless. :|

Ishu Gupta

Manchester United

HP's fault

The HP website doesn't mention any HDMI port. Only VGA is mentioned. Check the link:
HP Pavilion dv6-6140tx Entertainment Notebook PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion dv6-6140tx Entertainment Notebook PC - HP Customer Care (India - English)
Since we haven't seen the 6140TX we can only assume the specs from the manufacturer's website.

sumit269

Broken In

was just moving out to get 6140.. am having 2nd thoughts now. any other issues too that u noticed arsenalfan?

coz my handling is bad :p

Ruthra kumar

Broken In
Check this link:
LINK
These are the drivers for Radeon Mobility. 84 MB as opposed to the 90MB you downloaded which was most probably for desktop cards.

i have downloaded that also, but installed this catalyst soft suite(90mb) because it had display drivers also..
in that LINK you gave the Catalyst Software Suite package is just 1.1 mb..should i install that or go for the individual download for CCC 11.7 (84.6 MB) ?

Last edited:

aniket.cain

Padawan
i have downloaded that also, but installed this catalyst soft suite(90mb) because it had display drivers also..
in that LINK you gave the Catalyst Software Suite package is just 1.1 mb..should i install that or go for the optional download for CCC 11.7 (84.6 MB) ?

Download the CCC 11.7 (84.6MB file) and then install it. It will work.

Top Bottom