The HalfLife & CounterStrike Thread (with new CS trailer)

Shud this thread be made a Sticky ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
yes buddy there is a difference b/w CS1.6 and CS-CZ... cs1.6 is the older version of counter strike (but not the oldest version)... and CS-CZ Counter strike Condition zero is a new and improved version.. :)

its the cs1.6 version tat is easily tweakable and modders favourite all around the world and they release their custom maps and improved AI for the same ....

KoRn

In the zone
@hullap

well there is some difference between cs 1.6 and cz...to tell u the truth its much easier to get frags in cz...why???
1.more agile and flexible gameplay
2.no scope delays in magging....gr8!

cz has fewer bugs as compared to 1.6 but if u wanna own in cs cz play 1.6 and watch the difference after perfecting 1.6.all the best dude :p

will it work if i get original steam version!cuz i have a steam id...kewl!!!hope ur right man.

erm....steam doesnt work on my vista premium...
when i start steam an error pops up: could not load stea library.dll

wat the hell is dat>>!??!!?!??!?!
tried reinstalling and all..no use

even visited got frag forums...they said it has sumthing to do wit the ati catalyst or sumthin..

Last edited:
OP
ashu888ashu888

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
@ korn

buddy, i do not hv a vista, but will try solving ur problem, did sum googling, and on sum forums it says tat the error os coz of a bad install.. see this steam link..

*support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?p_faqid=261

hope it helps...

KoRn

In the zone
@ashu
man it has long complicated crap...wish u cud fine a way to help..

@ambar
seriously,tell me wats wit the steam error dude

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
@ambar
seriously,tell me wats wit the steam error dude

ummm ..ok first thing are u getting this error in steam??

also itlll be very helpful if u cud post a screenie or is it going just blank...??

the last time i faced some problems in cs in vista ...was due to sm compatibility probs wid nvidia (vista ) drivers...try using sm older version...or try updatin em to the latest :D

anshul

Journeyman
I want to block the scripts people run on my server to improve aiming and disable cheats.
I feel that sv_cheats 0 is not enough. Can anyone suggest a good counter measure.

How do I make new weapon models work on the lan servers. I have tham others don't. If I try to join server it gives the error tht server enforces the consistency of models and disconnects me????

Last edited:

Cool Joe

The Black Waltz
This is the method to uninstall CZ: Deleted Scenes. You can keep CS:CZ but remove only Deleted Scenes to save space.
In the game installation directory, there's a folder named "czeror". This is the folder containing the files required to play DS. Just delete it. That's all. By itself, CZ takes less than a GB of space but DS takes a lot of space.

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
I want to block the scripts people run on my server to improve aiming and disable cheats.
I feel that sv_cheats 0 is not enough. Can anyone suggest a good counter measure.

How do I make new weapon models work on the lan servers. I have tham others don't. If I try to join server it gives the error tht server enforces the consistency of models and disconnects me????

u can try downloading the AMX mod ...for thye models and stuff ..as for disabling hacks and stuff ....use sXe client or ..cheating death ..

anshul

Journeyman
Problem restoring CS

Whenevever I minimize Counter Strike CZ or 1.6 any, and restore it..........the video disappears and I have to tereminate it using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Tried to play at lower resolutions but no help.
I have a 8600 GT and 19' TFT Intex, also the shadowed areas in the game appear too dark to see any camper there. But others can see me if I hide there.Tried to adjust the brightness setiings but it doesnt help. Will try the gamma correction.

I usually do the commanding job in the match. so whrer can I find tips to find new strategies??

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
Re: Problem restoring CS

Whenevever I minimize Counter Strike CZ or 1.6 any, and restore it..........the video disappears and I have to tereminate it using Ctrl+Alt+Del. Tried to play at lower resolutions but no help.
I have a 8600 GT and 19' TFT Intex, also the shadowed areas in the game appear too dark to see any camper there. But others can see me if I hide there.Tried to adjust the brightness setiings but it doesnt help. Will try the gamma correction.

I usually do the commanding job in the match. so whrer can I find tips to find new strategies??

*www.gotfrag.com

best site fot any gaming related stuff....visit the cs section for more info....

the video prob may be due to older drivers .... tried the latest ones??

also open ur console in game nd type ..:

gamma 3

and brightness 99

this should help ...

Ambar

aka. ViKiD?
hmmm...then it might be tht the video mode is set to ether DirectX or Software...try changing it to OpenGL ...if it still dosent help..do a clean install..delete the CS folder completely and then reinstall...

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
so the next time you guys plan a cs1.6 evening over hamachi,lemme know.:),haven't played it in years now but certainly like to play with you guys.just leave me a visitors message or better a PM.ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom