The Galaxy S thread!

Kvishal

In the zone
It should open full pages by default? Some sites detect a mobile browser and redirect to WAP pages. Can you list some specific sites which are opening in WAP mode?

mail.yahoo.com it opens m.mail.yahoo.com or m.yahoo.com something like it but it is definitely not as it looks on my desktop which is *mail.yahoo.com So it is a WAP site isn't it ?

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
No.. m.yahoo.com is not a WAP site.. Its a mobile optimized site.. Anyway, at the bottom of the page you should have an option to go to the full yahoo.com site.

Kvishal

In the zone
No.. m.yahoo.com is not a WAP site.. Its a mobile optimized site.. Anyway, at the bottom of the page you should have an option to go to the full yahoo.com site.

Do you mean on bottom of the website webpage ? I dont think there is anything of that sort which appears there. Are you sure ?

Kvishal

In the zone
Does anyone know how to take screenshots in the Samsung Galaxy-s. There are some apps in Market available but they say your phone has to be rooted to use this Apps !! Now what on earth is that :shock: ??

I am trying to take a screenshot of an App in running mode in the phone.

Last edited:

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
Iam trying to update my phone to a custom rom but searching xda is finding a pin in the sea.Today you decide that you will install some and the next day some thing other comes.currently decided to install xxjpk froyo.Need suggestions regarding which is the best lagfix to be used or any other tools???Help

Do xxjpk has adobe flash 10.1 support??

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
Does anyone know how to take screenshots in the Samsung Galaxy-s. There are some apps in Market available but they say your phone has to be rooted to use this Apps !! Now what on earth is that :shock: ??

I am trying to take a screenshot of an App in running mode in the phone.

You don't have to root to take screenshot. Install Android SDK in your system and use ddms tool within SDK to click sceenshots.

Android SDK | Android Developers

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
^For home screen auto rotate, use two apps, LauncherPro+HomeChanger.
HomeChanger to change ur current home screen and LauncherPro is the home screen to select.

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
Then what to do currently on jm8 without any lagfixes.What todo?

Installed jpk.Not bad though,atleast for now.One thing i noticed that iam unable to connect in any other mode through usb.My phone directly connect with kies.In 2.1 we had an option to choose or may be iam unable to find??:neutral:

OP
kalpik

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Installed jpk.Not bad though,atleast for now.One thing i noticed that iam unable to connect in any other mode through usb.My phone directly connect with kies.In 2.1 we had an option to choose or may be iam unable to find??:neutral:
Its under wireless settings. Also, I hope you had a backup of your /efs folder. JPK changes the product code.

sourabh9agrawal

Signing in..........
Ya i have the back up of the efs folder.Thanks for the info.:p.Where i can see the product code and exactly what difference it makes?

Last edited:

Kvishal

In the zone
The Vote is on for the Best Smartphone ever.

Finally it will boil down between the Nokia N900 v/s Samsung Galaxy-S and as of Now the SGS is trailing with a Huge Margin. The whole Maemo community is backing the N900.

Where is the Android community?

Are they letting down their great OS just because of everyone not owning a SGS?

Maybe someone should just inform some Android developers forum so they can't call "stolen victory"?

Does it mean that the Android phones are so generic that it does not really matter which one you vote?

I have used the N900 and the SGS aswell. So My vote goes to N900 but to Maemo as well! (that N900 can run android is not being taken into account)

Hrithan2020

In the zone
The Vote is on for the Best Smartphone ever.

Finally it will boil down between the Nokia N900 v/s Samsung Galaxy-S and as of Now the SGS is trailing with a Huge Margin. The whole Maemo community is backing the N900.

Where is the Android community?

Are they letting down their great OS just because of everyone not owning a SGS?

Maybe someone should just inform some Android developers forum so they can't call "stolen victory"?

Does it mean that the Android phones are so generic that it does not really matter which one you vote?

I have used the N900 and the SGS aswell. So My vote goes to N900 but to Maemo as well! (that N900 can run android is not being taken into account)

What exactly is your point? Where did you come from? Did you intend to post in some other thread? (Galaxy S vs N900 or what??)

Also,regarding your comments. Considering that Maemo is basically a dead platform, (with no further devices scheduled to run in it. AFAIK. Pls correct me if I am wrong) Android steadily increasing in both market and mind-share, I'd say it is not even a proper comparison.

Also, I'd wager that Galaxy S and its variants have probably outsell N900 by quite a large margin. (Though, partly it might be because of the relatively hype-free launch of N900. It was as if Nokia themselves were not too keen on promoting this powerful handset.)

Top Bottom