The entry-level DSLR battle

nac

Aspiring Novelist
You won't go wrong with any of those models... Buy the one you like... BTW, from where you are gonna buy... If from local store, check the availability of 550D as well and pricing...

navin00

Ezio Auditore da Firenze
Now the choice is done,
where i can get best and competitive price deal in local market or shop with b/w
i don't want to buy it online.
i live in kolkata w.b.

mastervk

In the zone
Now the choice is done,
where i can get best and competitive price deal in local market or shop with b/w
i don't want to buy it online.
i live in kolkata w.b.

in general i have found online prices to be better than local shops but if you can bargain then its good to support local shops...

also try to find canon 550d at local shops..i am sure there will be some shops stocking it...

navin00

Ezio Auditore da Firenze
If anybody can suggest me any shop where i can get best deals i can bargain..
it will be helpful..

clickclick

Journeyman
i find it funny and laugh out loud when people say, 1100D is a bad camera cause it doesnt have a rubber grip :p

if in future u lose ur hair and become bald, will u commit a suicide out of inferiority complex? :p "damn i have lost all my hair, i am bald, no point living, lets commit a suicide" :p

lols, poseurs :p

sujoyp

Grand Master
errr technology is comparative Nac ....1100D is good compared to point and shoot...but not good compared to D3100 coz of better body and better ISO

clickclick

Journeyman
^^ no, i disagree, point and shoot with 1080p video recording is better than 1100d,

i have read on this forum in many threads that, "the photographer matters and not the camera", i thought this statement was correct to an extent, but no, i was wrong. reading comments in this thread by people the statement should be, "camera matters, then even a dog can click an excellent picture" :p

so my advice to the person buying a dslr is collect the money first, no matter how long its takes to, doesnt matter if u lose ur interest in photography, still save money for the high end dslr costing lacs of rupees, only then u will be called a "pro photographer" :p

nac

Aspiring Novelist
errr technology is comparative Nac ....1100D is good compared to point and shoot...but not good compared to D3100 coz of better body and better ISO

:?: :?

Navin, Tenida and Rhitwick are from Kolkatta, they can help you in this regard.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@click click even a cheap handicam can take better video then costliest point n shoot ....I think DSLR were made for proper pics and total control on pictures...video is just additional :D

BTW can you take blurred background videos with a point n shoot ;) I dont think so

Person behind the camera definitely matters...but only with right gears :D its two way sword...you cant take macro without a macro lens but a good photographer can take best macro from a cheapest macro lens...similar for zoom lens and portrait lens and flash
y do you think Pro guys use full frame...coz it give better quality and high ISO range, better body,more controls etc etc. :)

@nac I really wont go for 1100D it got poor reviews, y not D3100 or for 4k more a D5100,550D

sujoyp

Grand Master
@clickclick sorry if I misunderstood something...and I didnt noticed you are a 1100D owner :-? dont take it otherwise :)

sujoyp

Grand Master
lol u wrapped up my text about 1100D :D ....I was at office and must have answerd in hurry soo tagged you

nac

Aspiring Novelist
There was a nice deal for D5100 from reliance digital around diwali time (2012). 15% cash back and Rs. 5500/- worth freebies (including tripod and extra memory card). It was about 29k. AFAIK, now you can get it for 29k (approx) with kit lens.

Top Bottom