The Dell Inspiron 15r 2013

oroboros

Broken In
so i was going through the dell website and saw this new 15r which is lighter and had an AMD radeon hd8730m. so i was wondering is it a good laptop?????also is it any good for high gaming

tkin

Back to school!!
The CPU is ULV, i3 I think, so if its i3 ULV its cr@p. worse than AMD A8, stuck at 1.8GHz, and if its i5 ULV, then it will perform as much as i3 normal.

To check if its ULV, see the CPU model no. if its i3/i5xxxxU its ULV, if its i3/i5xxxxM its normal and then its good.

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
my roomate got it yesterday.. it is i5-3317u.. extremely light and has windows 8.. The problem is that its processing speed is around 1.8GHZ only and turbo boost of 2.7GHZ.. Any more questions??

tkin

Back to school!!
my roomate got it yesterday.. it is i5-3317u.. extremely light and has windows 8.. The problem is that its processing speed is around 1.8GHZ only and turbo boost of 2.7GHZ.. Any more questions??
So basically around the performance of i3 3110m? Cost?

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
He got it for 46K and got a free mouse(similar to logitech G100), 4 GB Toshiba Pendrive free with it.. Was doing fine while playing BO2.. Battery life is great..

tkin

Back to school!!
He got it for 46K and got a free mouse(similar to logitech G100), 4 GB Toshiba Pendrive free with it.. Was doing fine while playing BO2.. Battery life is great..
46k? Ripped off man, sorry but i3 cpu @ 46k is ripoff, and battery life is not that big an issue as i3 and i5ULV consumes similar power.

PS: Install UniFL Drivers to play game if Dell is not providing Cat 13.1

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
well this ones available for 50K everywhere from where he bought it.. It has i5 3rd gen processor written over it, so its obvious that the price was justified at the time of purchase..

tkin

Back to school!!
well this ones available for 50K everywhere from where he bought it.. It has i5 3rd gen processor written over it, so its obvious that the price was justified at the time of purchase..
I see now, I think someone should sue intel for dubious names :evil:

ShankJ

Been There, Done That!!
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

He is a fool, he has a techie like you in his room, and he gets this, for 46k :facepalm:

He asked me if 8870 was a good graphic card and i told him that it is somewhat equivalent to 640m(my friends compare every radeon gc with nvidia) and then he said he was buying a dell laptop with i5-3rd gen, 1Tb HDD, 6 GB RAM, Windows 8 and 2 GB 8870 gc for 46K.. Felt that something was fishy as earlier one of my friends had bought the same config for 54K(15r turbo).. Poor chap..

OP
oroboros

oroboros

Broken In
thx or the heads up......anyway which laptop is the best at this price range.and i am looking for one which can game.

nandu26

In the zone

Can you tell me from where did he purchased the laptop? What about the quality of display and how much is the approx battery life in hours ?

Please also let me know whether the display panel is thin or normal LED.

I am planning to buy an i7 with 8 GB RAM.

tkin

Back to school!!
Can you tell me from where did he purchased the laptop? What about the quality of display and how much is the approx battery life in hours ?

Please also let me know whether the display panel is thin or normal LED.

I am planning to buy an i7 with 8 GB RAM.
Budget?

$hadow

Geek in making
Well I also need somewhat similar config i.e. i7 8gb ram and 2gb graphic card in the budget of 60k

sujoyp

Grand Master
Nice thread ...thanks shashank for all the info and the blunder ur friend made...which I was also planning to make :D

$hadow

Geek in making
But brother it is available for above 66k everywhere in my city can you tell where can I get for 63k. I can go till Delhi which is in my radius.

Top Bottom