The Cheapest Desktop

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
Hey guys... i need to asselble the cheapest computer that ya can buy...
please help me out wid both dual and single core configs.
Reqd. are..
1.CPU
2.MOBO
4.HDD
5.RAM
6.CABINET...

try to keep it as low as possible...
(mobo should have nvidia gfx solution.)
Reply ASAP.!!!

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Cheapest for what use? You should define your expectations more clearly.

For example, a Sempron 3000+, mobo with nVidia 6100 onboard gfx is more than good enough for word processing, internet and the like. For those applications, 256MB RAM is quite useable if you can tolerate some lags. Heck, you can even use it with 128MB. These are just examples to illustrate the point.

For a low-budget dual-core system, AMD still provides more VFM than Intel. E.g. an A64 X2 4000+ is plenty fast.

Added later:
Tell us what you want to do with the system and we can make more specific suggestions.

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
AMD BE2350 + Jetway 610i + 512MB DDR2 RAM + Seagate 5400RPM 80GB + Zebronics Bijli

Totalling upto approx. 5k :).

OP
aku

aku

Gonna make it BiG
yeah, cheeta's guide helped me a lot... i was in suchaa hurry then...

anyways, I maybe, possibly, (after reading KPowers post) think i'll go with>
1. Sempron LE 1200 (2.1Ghz, 512k L2)
2. MSI K9N6SGM-V (OR SHOULD I GO WITH ZEBRONICS ZEB-N61M2 ?)
3. Transcend ddrII 512m 667MHz
4. Western Digital Sata2 160g

Well, this one will be used just for solitare, hearts, a li'l word processing, a lot of music and movies.

AMD BE2350 + Jetway 610i + 512MB DDR2 RAM + Seagate 5400RPM 80GB + Zebronics Bijli

Totalling upto approx. 5k :).

Dude... are ya serious????
seems like too good to be true.. (on the price front)

Hey can ya post the respective links?

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
AMD BE2350 -->> *products.amd.com/en-us/DesktopCPUDetail.aspx?id=393
(it was Jetway 6100 :D) Jetway N6100 Mobo --->> *www.jetway.com.tw/jw/motherboard_view.asp?productid=223&proname=M26GTM-3VP
Transcend RAM -->> *www.transcendusa.com/Products/MemList.asp?srhMemWay=STD&LangNo=0&Func1No=1&Func2No=12
Zebronics Bijli --> *www.zebronics.net/gamingcabin.asp

And for reffering the prices, use www.theitwares.com

www.lynx-india.com

www.deltapage.com

Last edited:
OP
aku

aku

Gonna make it BiG
man... everything else is all right, but i guess u made a mistake while writing about the cpu, i think you meant AMD LE 1250, not AMD be2350.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
man... everything else is all right, but i guess u made a mistake while writing about the cpu, i think you meant AMD LE 1250, not AMD be2350.

:confused: Whats the problem ?? I wrote AMD BE2350 only :|. Refer to the link I posted :).

OP
aku

aku

Gonna make it BiG
man, dont get me wrong... it comes for about 80 usd i guess...
Since ya said everything will be totaling to about 5k, I dont think that you can include this proccy in that config...

if only ChottoCheeta was over here to confirm the prices of all these, here in kolkata.

btw, can anyone explain whats the diff. between 6 port audio and 3 port audio connection?

Hows this one?
Palit N68S : *www.palit.biz/en/products/mb_amd_N68S.html#spec

anyone?

IS there any noticeable performance diff between nvidia 6100 chipset and 6150 chipset?
Btw. compared both of 'em, hows the 7050 solution?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom