The best smartphone under 13k.

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
Need to buy a smartphone under 13000 INR for my sis. Was planning to buy the Nokia lumia 520 or 620 as no other android phone in this range offers a smooth and lag free experience but the problem with 520 while using a friend's phone was that it got heated way too much which is a big NO NO (That's like her top priority). Guys please tell about some other phones which you think are good.
Thanks in advance for your replies. :).

OP
vanpr7

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
Are you willing to go for mmx or xolo?

See i don't mind but my experiences with such brands has been pathetic. Especially the random crashes and the mmx a116 flipboard crashes which i have noticed along with extremely poor after sales service. So I would prefer not to. Though no harm in checking them out. :).

OP
vanpr7

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
I feel that the Galaxy S Advance is a pretty old device (running android v2.3). Also the biggest problem with android devices at such a price point is that they tend to lag especially after installing a few apps and games. Whereas Windows phone 8 only have occasional lags. That's the big problem.

sandynator

Cyborg Agent
Need to buy a smartphone under 13000 INR for my sis. Was planning to buy the Nokia lumia 520 or 620 as no other android phone in this range offers a smooth and lag free experience but the problem with 520 while using a friend's phone was that it got heated way too much which is a big NO NO (That's like her top priority). Guys please tell about some other phones which you think are good.
Thanks in advance for your replies. :).

For windows Look out for lumias.....
For Android S advance. Look nowhere else.

Has got official JB update recently. Keep a watch on Homeshop18 Superdeals. Last when I check it was going for 12495.

I feel that the Galaxy S Advance is a pretty old device (running android v2.3). Also the biggest problem with android devices at such a price point is that they tend to lag especially after installing a few apps and games. Whereas Windows phone 8 only have occasional lags. That's the big problem.

Agreed Win8 is more refined than android but here 768mb ram compliments well to 1ghz dual core cortex A9. Samsung Phones below s advance are sheer Crap IMO

Had experienced my frnds s advance & Grand duos & s advance felt bit fluid than Grand. In fact grand hangs a lot in mutitasking.

tanvir37

Broken In
+1 to xolo q800
@op, do have a look at xolo q800
XOLO Q800

also, a TDF member has recently bought a Q800
XOLO Q800 - Short Review

OP
vanpr7

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
Thanks for the reply guys. Will check out the s advance once n see the online reviews. The only worry is the phone lagging after a few months usage. And as a matter of fact after using note 2 any other cheap android phone feels laggy.. :p..

OP
vanpr7

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
I m using it (S advance) i m not facing any lags btw its my 2nd android first was Galaxy Y

Oh okay. Thanks for letting me know. Now its a serious contender. Will go in a week's time and buy either this phone or the lumia device.

Dew

Destiny's a *****
+1 to S Advance for...

4" Super AMOLED Display
1 GHz Dual Core ARM Cortex-A9,
Mali-400MP GPU
768 MB RAM
and 720p video recording.

the only concern is it doesn't offer JB out of box but thats not a big issue as it has got jellybean update.

jayantr7

In the zone
How is the build quality of S Advance? I'm confused between S Advance and Xperia U

Last edited:
OP
vanpr7

vanpr7

Gamer For Life
I always feel that Sony mobile devices are kind of overpriced. :/..
Going with the Galaxy S advance till now.. Will go and buy as soon as my exams get over. :p..

Top Bottom