The Alternative/Experimental Music Thread V1: Obscure Stuff

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Some of the longest songs ever :

Epic Jams: The 20 Longest Songs In Classic Rock History | Music News + Gossip | VH1 Music

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Been listening to this lately. Jesu is a project by Justin Broaderick, after he broke up his previous Industrial band Godflesh. This is post-industrial.

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
if you love some vintage blues rock this is for you..
the woodstock feeel...
ahhhhhhh 69
and being a hippie wow

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Boris is an experimental rock band from Japan. This song is pretty good.

Guys, when you guys post music, please describe what you are posting as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Are any of you guys on Last.fm?

.jRay.

Youngling
Watch "Slayer - Raining Blood (Banjo cover w/ solos)" on YouTube - Slayer - Raining Blood (Banjo cover w/ solos): *youtu.be/nZ2ucr74YNk

Nanducob

Wise Old Owl
Watch "Slayer - Raining Blood (Banjo cover w/ solos)" on YouTube - Slayer - Raining Blood (Banjo cover w/ solos): Slayer - Raining Blood (Banjo cover w/ solos) - YouTube
While i admire his talent and dedication in creating a cover of a heavy metal song on banjo and another one on ukulele,it just lacks the "Oomph" factor that im looking for(a cello or violin cover of a heavy metal song has a distinctive quality to it).I mean what difference would it make if he covers that on an acoustic guitar or banjo or a classical guitar,both sounds the same more or less,maybe both are fretted instruments.But for the common people its a banjo cover of their favourite slayer track,while i feel that it lacks creativity because what he does is just transcribing the whole song fret by fret and nothing else.I think for the next time,he would come up with something better,less hyped.

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Listening to this album for days now. Such a masterpiece. Rarely do I like all songs in an album.

[YOUTUBE]d3oRUd7meeA[/YOUTUBE]

Used to be there. but its been years now.

In office now, what kind of music is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Some what like this-comfortably numb played solo on acoustic,this is real talent.
[video]*m.youtube.com/watch?v=KhsPYRUqphk[/video]

I was replying to Faun's post. You posted before I could post.

- - - Updated - - -

Watch "Slayer - Raining Blood (Banjo cover w/ solos)" on YouTube - Slayer - Raining Blood (Banjo cover w/ solos): *youtu.be/nZ2ucr74YNk

Redneck metal?

You guys should listen to Taake, its Black Metal with Banjo.

But please post metal related stuff in this thread : *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/chit-chat/75091-all-metalheads-here.html

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
In office now, what kind of music is that?

It's kind of layered. post punk.can't actually describe unless you listen yourself.

Captivating to me.

Wiki entry
Interpol (band)
The band's sound is generally a mix of staccato bass and rhythmic, harmonized guitar, with a snare heavy mix, drawing comparisons to post-punk bands such as Joy Division and The Chameleons.[2] Aside from the lyrics, their songwriting method includes all of the band members, rather than relying on any given chief songwriter.[3]

OP
Desmond

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
It's kind of layered. post punk.can't actually describe unless you listen yourself.

Captivating to me.

Wiki entry

Listening to it now. Its pretty good.

If you like this, you might also like Jesu.

Listen to this and let me know what you think :

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Listening to it now. Its pretty good.

If you like this, you might also like Jesu.

Listen to this and let me know what you think :

Dude, I had the entire discography before. but lost it when hdd crashed. Time to listen to again. Good stuff !

But to be frank, I do revert back to guilty pleasures when life gets too heavy. And a good friend can be a life saver.

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Love these tracks from Boris

[YOUTUBE]QYK2c4OVG6s[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]qCYGe13Pd48[/YOUTUBE]

[MENTION=5007]DeSmOnD dAvId[/MENTION]

Watch Confessions movie. Bloody brilliant.

You may also like Mono, another Japanese band

[YOUTUBE]co5gy_2uOEY[/YOUTUBE]

Top Bottom