Thanks Guys.... Ordered Lumia 720

akhilc47

Journeyman
Thank you guys for helping me to choose this mobile. I ordered Lumia 720 from amazon.in . They are giving 10% off on selected mobiles so got this phone at 15.8k. I think it's a good deal because at local shops here in chennai like mobilestore,univercell it is sold at 18k and at fk it's 16.xk. Thanks once again to all those who helped me. :)
Now I'm looking to buy a memory card for this mobile. Tell me what you think about this one:SanDisk Ultra Android 16GB Class 10 UHS-I microSDHC Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQUA-016G-U46A): Amazon.in: Electronics
Class 10 is the best one,right?

Please take a look at this too
*www.flipkart.com/strontium-uhs-400x-16gb-memory-card/p/itmdm4tuapa9nbcs?pid=ACCDM4T8FXSRFG4Z&ref=550b2c8b-7b6c-4eeb-94f3-e3e4716d2e35

dummydave

Broken In
bro plss post a detailed review of the phone after u gt...

I m vry much intrested in lumia phones...

It ll b a great help

ankushkool

Youngling
Thank you guys for helping me to choose this mobile. I ordered Lumia 720 from amazon.in . They are giving 10% off on selected mobiles so got this phone at 15.8k. I think it's a good deal because at local shops here in chennai like mobilestore,univercell it is sold at 18k and at fk it's 16.xk. Thanks once again to all those who helped me. :)
Now I'm looking to buy a memory card for this mobile. Tell me what you think about this one:SanDisk Ultra Android 16GB Class 10 UHS-I microSDHC Memory Card with Adapter (SDSDQUA-016G-U46A): Amazon.in: Electronics
Class 10 is the best one,right?

Please take a look at this too
Strontium UHS 400X 16GB Memory Card - Strontium: Flipkart.com

Hey! can you give the points that helped you select this phone! Thanks

OP
akhilc47

akhilc47

Journeyman
bro plss post a detailed review of the phone after u gt...

I m vry much intrested in lumia phones...

It ll b a great help

Hey! can you give the points that helped you select this phone! Thanks

I can't write a review right now but I'll summarize some important points.

1. Camera is awesome as I read in reviews before buying. I mean even front cam quality is really good. I haven't used any high end models but around this range I don't think you can get a better camera. This is one main reason for my purchase
2. If you want your phone to be good looking, go for this. My main confusion was between Xperia L and this one. Then I went to mobile store, Univercell etc. trust me this phone will make you fall in love with it by looks. It feels great in my hand and has a premium feel to it. May be I am a little excited about this but still even my friends went WOW when I showed it. Screen is stunning mainly due to clearblack tech. And viewing angle is really great. you can go almost parallel to this device and still see the screen.
3. Windows OS is very simple and elegant but you can't have as much freedom as with android. I just started using it now. Can't say much about it.
4. Played Full HD videos with out any frame drop.( It was only trailers and don't know how it will perform with a full high bitrate movie). Notice that you can't play mkv. I donno if there's any player which can do it.

I will try to add some more details in a few days. Hope it helps.

srkmish

Ambassador of Buzz
So as .flv vidoes, and currently there're no players to play both :(

This is the dealbreaker for me as of now. If they get decent 3rd party app to play all file formats, then i may think of a windows phone.

This is really sad as 5k android tabs- Veedee/Ainol are perfectly capable of playing 1080p MKVs.

Flash

Lost in speed
This is the dealbreaker for me as of now. If they get decent 3rd party app to play all file formats, then i may think of a windows phone.
Then you should wait for a long term.
The best solution is to convert to .mp4 as of now.

Bro, i too am in the mood to buy the Lumia 720.
Can u tell me if its a better buy than the Xperia L.
Hows the camera in low light and fast moving sequence (moving subjects). How is the flash??
Does the OS lag? crash?
Can u multitask webpages and games...for eg. When u minimize the web browser, do some other stuffs, and then come back to web browser, does the page remain the same??
Can u play newer games? Are there online games on win 8, like MMORPGs.
How is the battery backup...how long can u surf over wifi.. for eg. when u surf the internwt for 1 hour how much % battery goes down??

Did u ever use android before? How does your experience with Win 8 compare with Android....

ankushkool

Youngling
Win 8 mobile has very limited apps/games support and for a android guy it can be frustrating (even some basic apps are not there) The free games are not good quality!

If you wanna try Win 8 better go for Lumia 520 its a sweet deal in 10k

ashs1

Padawan
If u plan on using a lot of apps, i'd suggest Xperia L..otherwise, Lumia 720 should be good enough for Camera, Music, Internet & other basic functions..

ankushkool

Youngling
A Journey From Android to Windows Phone 8 | Android.AppStorm

I agree with most of it but some big drawbacks he has left out:

1) No file explorer (i cant live without it)
2) Lack of media format support
3) Lack of google apps (if you live in google world like i do then this alone is the deal breaker)
4) Lack of customization
5) Cant download files from internet directly to your phone!
6) Lack of good quality free games!

PS: but all this will only matter if you have used Android!

"Cant download files from internet directly to your phone!"

By that do u mean to say i cant download mp3, photos, mp4 videos etc from websites ?

Top Bottom