Terminal won't let me run './install'

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
Hello,
I have PC with Ubuntu 11.04 (32-bit) and I tried to install the software which came along with Reliance Netconnect+ for linux. Here's a screenshot of my tries at it -

*img148.imageshack.us/img148/4400/relianceerror.jpg

Can anyone tell me why it isn't execute the command ./install /root/Desktop. I have even tried sudo along with it and followed the instructions which came along with the data card.

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
What are you trying to do?
List your directory with ls. You need to chmod +x ./install to facilitate it to run anyway.

debian

Broken In
There are two problems here. First is that the .install script is not execuatble. make it executable by chmod +x ./install. secondly your are installing into the /root directory where you have no permissions. Try to install in your home directory or try "sudo ./install /root/desktop".

OP
nisargshah95

nisargshah95

Your Ad here
What are you trying to do?
I was trying to install Reliance Netconnect+ drivers.
List your directory with ls. You need to chmod +x ./install to facilitate it to run anyway.

There are two problems here. First is that the .install script is not execuatble. make it executable by chmod +x ./install. secondly your are installing into the /root directory where you have no permissions. Try to install in your home directory or try "sudo ./install /root/desktop".

Thanks I'll try that.

Top Bottom