Team Fortress 2

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
I've one more question, sometimes between the gameplay players starts glowing and that moment, how much you hit that person, doesn't effect him. What's the story about this..??

^^ That blue colour?
Its when you win a round,Or medic goes on healing you

Not blue always, its team color.
And its called ubercharge. When you heal someone as a medic, your ubercharge increases by some %, and when its 100% you can right click to make you and the patient invulnerable. Its nice when you need to push other team back or destroy sentries.
To counter ubercharge, pyros are best class. Go behind the medic and airblast him away from patient. This will waste the ubercharge :D

Oh, and as a medic never heal a disguised spy of your team. Other team will see that and it will be obvious he is a spy.

[YOUTUBE]36lSzUMBJnc[/YOUTUBE]

Also watch other meet the videos ;)

Are steam servers offline? The chat window said "No connection could be made to steam servers.", and my internet is fine this time :D. I tried to restart steam but it didn't start. :(

Last edited:

doomgiver

Warframe
************wall of text warning************

spy tips :
  • dont look directly at enemy
  • if an nemy spots you, get out of sight quickly, then cloak, change disguise and then move on.
  • dont let yourself be seen by the guy you are disguiesed as
  • you can change the disguise weapon shown buy equipping your weapon of same slot and pressing "B" (use previous disguise key)
  • for CnD spies : when you see a target, anticipate when he will pass you, then, decloak as he passes, this will save you from running across half the map chasing after your target.
  • for YER spies, if disguised as slow class, when you cloak, you run at normal speed.
  • for all spies : try to stab from the right side (its hit detection range is more, so you can possibly stab a guy by standing just on his right side, and not at the back)
  • conversely, its harder to stab at the left side.
  • try NOT to cloak or disguise in front of other ppl, its an invitation to disaster.
  • kill the medic first, then the hoovy. a uber stopped is worth 5 heavies. even if you die after killing the medic,
  • taht said, kill enemy spies using GUNS. dont try to stab a spy, coz they are crafty.
  • learn to stair/corner/air stab.
  • if you are standing on a enemy head, you can instantly stab them from the top, from any angle.
  • dont wait for the spy to raise his arm, even if he doesnt, you can still stab, but thats a risk, as a raised arm means certain stab (only for good spies)
  • on a team of 9 ppl, 1-2 spies are more than enough. if you wnt to help the team, go medic.
  • sap the dispenser before sentry.
  • sap before killing engi.
  • sap and SHOOT engi, dont stab him (bloody wrenches, crazy crit rates, along with medic and sniper melees)
  • try NOT to use enforcer with the CnD and regular watch, it slows down your cloaking speed
  • if you wanna be a gunslinger spy, go Dr. Enforcicle. (enforcer, spycicle, dead ringer). the enforcer can kill most classes in 3 shots, the spycicle saves you from random spychecking spies, and DR saves you from death, provided you activate it, and find ammo on time (this build wont allow room for too many stabs, as the spycicle melts on hit with flames and takes 13 secs to regen)
  • if you are really pro at spy, you acn try this : get the kunai. run towards pyro, when you are really close, like half range of flamethrower, fake to HIS left (your right) and move to HIS right (your left). then stab. the kunai will overheal and extinguish you. be careful taht you dont do this in front of too many ppl, as they might catch on.

tl;dr how to play spy properly, go read it again

dashing.sujay

Moving
Staff member
play pyro, medic, heavy the first time.
dont play spy or engi until you have over 50 hours under your belt, and you'll be just fine.

also, as engi, make buildings in this manner :
dispenser, tele, sentry.

as medic, heal in order :
medic>burning>solly>demo>heavy>others
never allow a medic to die, even if it means launching a premature uber.
overhealing spies is not recomended, as the overheal gives them away easily.

as pyro, do use your airblast, right click to extinguish enemies.

He meant friends.

And if you are in enemy territory,
Tele>Sentry>Dispenser. :D

Thanks for your tips guys, but most of these sound alien to me. :| I like pyro the most. I'm not able to kill a single with heavy. Sometimes sniper. Engineer & medic sound like :?

what happened to your mouse? on forgotten theres meow meow :grin:

I got my mouse so killed 16 yest :)) Had killed only 3 first day :p

doomgiver

Warframe
pyro tips :
  • use M2 airblast
  • try to get close to your enemies
  • think like a spy
  • AMBUSH!!!
  • dont just flame and run, if you can get close, your shotty can get rid of 125 hp classes in 2 shots
  • dont snipe with flaregun, light a 125 hp class on fire, and shoot the flare then
  • airblast an enemy and use the reserve shooter, minicrits guaranteed
  • never try to reflect direct hit rockets. either the weilder is a pro, and will shoot your guts out, or he is prolly a noob, and will miss badly. use a falregun to harass.
  • if yuo can get close, nothing beats a fire + axtinguisher combo. 2 hits to a flaming heavy are enough to kill.

medic tips :
  • always heal. you are not a combat class. your weps were crippled for a reason.
  • heal in this order :
  • medic > burning > soldier > demo > heavy > otehrs
  • save your ubercharge. dont commit suicide if an idiot teammate runs into 3 sentry nests blindly, just leave him and heal someone else.
  • if the only medic on a team, try not to use the quick fix. PLEASE.
  • if there are <5 ppl on a team, a kritzkreig is much more preferrable to a normal medigun.
  • if there is antoerh medic on team with a medigun, and ppl are running around at less than half health, or the medic cant cope with damage, THEN pick the quick fix, so that you can heal up the team, and the mediccan overheal.
  • overheal is the most important thing you can give to your team, otehr than an uber.
  • when pushing the kart, just before round start, overheal EVERYONE. a 50% boost in health will allow your demoman enough health to place enough stickies in the sentry nest, your soldier to tank enough damage to be a threat, and your scout to run behind enemy lines to create havoc. always overheal,
  • DONT concentrate on jsut the heavy. he is a slow guy, and other classes can use a medic too.
  • if you have a kritzkreig, uber a soldier or a demoman, they are the burst damage dealers, who can take out multiple enemies with a single crit shot.
  • deploy ubers as a team effort, ie, inform the team over voice chat taht you are dropping an uber, so taht they can take max advantage of it
  • if you uer with a quick fix, you cannot be airblsted or moved by enemy attacks, keep that in mind

hoovy tips (yes, i call him hoovy)
  • watch your back. infinite hoovies have fallen to a clever backstab. if there was anotehr war update with hoovy vs spy, you knowwho would win.
  • give sandvich to medics and scouts
  • dont move across half the map with brass beast (jas, im looking at ya :) )
  • jump around corners and rev up minigun in mid air, its the best way to do it.
  • when playing with 2 heavies, have a natasha with you, it'll help slow down the pesky scouts, and other fast classes.
  • be careful of open spaces, they will most likeely be filled with sniper laser sights.
  • dont engage at long distances, 5 damage per bullet wont hurt a DH solly much, but he will bring you down in 3 shots.
  • you are a tank, behave like one.

solly tips :
  • shoot at the feet, yu miss less that way.
  • try to rocketjump, its a great tactic to surprise enemies. (i've killed 4 spies so far, who wanted to stab me, but were killed by crit rockets, somehow, i seem to shoot more crit rockets while RJ' ing than in normal gameplay.)
  • if you see a soldier, with a hat with golden beams coming out of it, or the hat is on fire, RUN AWAY, ITS A PRO.
  • use your different backpacks, the buff banner can charge your entire team with minicrits for a big push, the concherator can heal your team without medics, and the battalion backup can help your team survive and take less damage.

general teminology :
  • crits : chance to deal 3X weapon damage. more damage you do, more is chanceof crit.
  • mini crit : same as crit, except, only 35% extra damage
  • some weps get ccrits in special cases, like sniper headshot and spy backstab, while other weps get minicrits, like resere shooter, direct hit, jarate
  • ubercharge : medic medigun can make him and atient invulnerable to all damage for 8 seconds, use it well
  • kritzkrieg : 8 seconds og guaranteed critical hits for the medic patient
  • quick fix : no overheal, but makes uber really fast, also, uber gives 300% health regen, but no cirts or invulnerablity
  • DH : direct hit, very fast rockets, high damage, but very little splash, only for those with good aim.

trading :
if new to game, dont trade too much, get an idea of prices, or refer to me.
basic guide :
1 weapon (any weapon, except special cases) sells for 1 scrap or 1 other weapon.
1 scrap : gotten by smelting 2 weapns of same type together
rec =1 reclaimed : smelt 3 scrap together
ref =1 refined : smelt 3 reclaimed
1 key = ~2.33-2.66 ref
hats = 1.33 - 1.66 (most, yellow text hats)
if anything has a color other than yellow text, its more valuable.
ex :
blue text (vintage) weapon go for 1 reclaim ++
blue vintage hats go for 2 ref - 4 ref
and so on.
Item quality - Official TF2 Wiki | Official Team Fortress Wiki
if you find an unusual hat, its worth a LOT. like 20 keys, or 50 ref. so, if you can find someone selling one for a weapon, bag it. (yes, a top tier hat once was sold by a noob to a trader for 1 YER,)
if you ever get an item in a random drop, and LOTS of ppl talk about it, or ask to trade, it prolly very rare/valuable, and you might get ripped off, contact me or just google the prices (googling works, i'll add some links)

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
watch your back. infinite hoovies have fallen to a clever backstab. if there was anotehr war update with hoovy vs spy, you knowwho would win.

Serpent, Krishnandu, Sam, Harsha, Shahbaaz, ico all are in this list :D

:rofl:

learn to stair/corner/air stab.
Side stab.

tl;dr how to play spy properly, go read it again
:rofl: again

dont look directly at enemy

And face towards your own team when they see you, it helps a lot.

sap and SHOOT engi, dont stab him (bloody wrenches, crazy crit rates, along with medic and sniper melees)

I stab and sap.

Also, YER/Wanga Prick is nice with Dead Ringer, as most people kill you as soon as they see undisguised spy. Use DR to fake a death and backstab them.

dont let yourself be seen by the guy you are disguiesed as

Stab him to earn achievement.

Also, if you see a teleporter trap(Engineers place teleporters to know about spies. Most spies sap it n give early warning to engy), shoot it with gun. Engineer will expect a spy to sap, and this will make him think its not a spy but some other class(mostly scouts and soldiers)

I was dominated yesterday because shahbaaz did this:
try to rocketjump, its a great tactic to surprise enemies. (i've killed 4 spies so far, who wanted to stab me, but were killed by crit rockets, somehow, i seem to shoot more crit rockets while RJ' ing than in normal gameplay.)
Ofcourse I took revenge :)) :))

@dashing:

Engineer:
You are equipped with a shotgun, a minigun, a wrench and two PDAs. PDA 1(4th slot) is used to build items and PDA 2(5th slot) for destroying the items you built. Your PDA consumes metal as ammo, and you can get this metal from ammo boxes or resupply locker. When you select an item to build from PDA1, a blue print appears in front of you. Left click where you want to place that building and it will start building there. Hit it with your wrench(slot 3) to make it build faster.
The buildings you can construct are:
-Sentry Gun
-Dispenser
-Teleporter entrance
-Teleporter exit.

Once buildings are built, you can hit them with wrench to upgrade them. Each upgrade costs you 200metal and with each hit you consume 25 metal. So it takes 10 hits to upgrade a building. There are 3 levels of each building. With each level more health is added to building.

An addition to spy tips: Don't use dead ringer while making high jumps, as it will throw fake body as soon as you hit the ground and you'll lose dead ringer meter.

Hey guys i will tell u how to kill a spy with DR aka DEATH RINGER
1 A spy with Death ringer activated that is removed will FAKE death even with 5 damage THAT MEANS STAY ALERT HE IS STILL ALIVE
2 THEN KEEP UR EARS OPEN FOR DEATH RINGER TO MAKE SOUND A SPY CAN't RUN TOO FAR WHILE CLOAKED WITH DR IT GETS OVER FAST SO HEAR FOR DA SOUND thats AALLLL u NEED THATS HOW I KILL NIPUN ALWAYS AND NOW HE HAS GAVE UP ON BACKSTABBING ME HE SHOOTS ME WITH HIS AMBASSADOR:twisted:THIS TRICK IS GR8 FOR KILLING SPIES like NIPUN AND HARSHA WHO USE DEATH RINGER NOW :shock: THOSE SPIES and KILL THEM AND LAUGH !!!:twisted:
NIPUN WILL NOW DEVELOP NEW TRICKS I GUESS:p

Corrections:
-I have developed new tricks. ;)
-I can go on other team's area while cloaked with DR in hightower. LOL.

Hello NIPUN i have my own knock back ability in MY FORCE A NATURE !! i don't use my baseball with pyros i use it only with heavies and sollies oh and some other classes except pyros i hit them from far coz if i go closer after they get bonk who knows when my bonk will get over so i prefer to run then to face a pyro head on oh but i kill pyros from there backs hit them in da BACK i call it BACKSHOT oh and u can't reflect baseballs so quickly it needs hig skillz even i can't and 1 more thingy to tell My baseballs can stop demo bombs i just noticed it when a demo shoots a bomb hit ur baseball to that bomb and it gets reflected !!! :wink:

Please use a fullstop! :(

ise yad aya wo kal shabaaz kontha ?? Bahaut acha solly hai:mrgreen::p:wink:
Use english only please :)
Shahbaaz was another random person who came on server, like you in February. Added him to friend list and now he plays regularly.

ITS when we win a round it gives us critical shoots which kill in around 1 to 2 hits:shock::twisted::wink:

He was talking about ubercharge.

XxDONxX

Broken In
hey any one up now ?? i am available till 7 after that no guarentee only warranty without guarentee

HEY ALL ADD ME !! shivam363

DA only problem with dead ringer is u get a damge of one while its active it fakes death

hey i will tell scout tips soon :)

and also how to kill them i doubt if killing methods will work but i can tell how to kill a scout when ur a scout!!! ;P

HEY DOCTORS I AM TRADING A AMPUTATOR FOR ANY OTHER wepon
APreciated if it would be : spycicle , phloginistator :p

Hey u wanna know how to play with ppl as spy
first thing u need a cloak and dagger watch then just go and hide in a corner near a engeneer and i mean REALLY NICE HIDING PLACE like below the stairs in ctf_2fort then just keep on telling where the engy is to the engy himself and he will start shouting SPY! SPY! hahahah i have did this with nipun and he was shouting SPY! da whole game and then finally his whole time was in dat area and they finally got me with a stray rocket :p

oh and i usually sit on the sentry itself but careful its dangerous
P.S u can do this to fake that there is a spy in ur team around the engineer

XxDONxX

Broken In
Hey my TEAM FORTRESS 2 status
SCOUT : 18 points l 70 hours
soldier : 46 points l 40 hours
Thats all i remember :p achievements 92 % completed

Nipun

Whompy Whomperson
Hey u wanna know how to play with ppl as spy
first thing u need a cloak and dagger watch then just go and hide in a corner near a engeneer and i mean REALLY NICE HIDING PLACE like below the stairs in ctf_2fort then just keep on telling where the engy is to the engy himself and he will start shouting SPY! SPY! hahahah i have did this with nipun and he was shouting SPY! da whole game and then finally his whole time was in dat area and they finally got me with a stray rocket :p

Dead ringer with sprays work the best ;)

Also, I didn't say spy. I said "Spy 'round here" and "There's a spy creeping around here". :))

XxDONxX

Broken In
nipun i can join ur server now i added it to fav

HArd for me i ain't spy but i used to be and lol i reset my stats last month i do that every month

Rofl
don ko pakdna bacho ka kam hi nahi par police ka bhi hai !!!! Xd

CHECK OUT MY SPOILER npn
I going to play now any ther then call me

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/show-off/45694-post-your-latest-purchase-475.html#post1615727
HARSHA's NEW RIGS PICS

Nipun i got 364 out of 394 achievements that is 92 % YAHOOO!!!!! GOOGLEE!!!! BING!!!!
:p

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
see this is the problem me facing
*i39.tinypic.com/2psentu.jpg

those huge blue lines(Only in this map)

doomgiver

Warframe
^^ what blue lines? on the floor?
thats the shadow.
tho i dont think so its a bug.

also, as spy, you can disguise as you OWN team.
say you are red on kart map, n you wanna go to blu spawn during setup, what do you do?
you cant use normal disguise or spy, else he team will be warned.
so you disguise as your own class!!!
then when out of sight, change your team.

reddead

LoSt!
is nipun's server gonna be there for a long time...
i might download tf2 again as i don't have any game to play :(
last time i played it, all Indian servers had vanished and i never get >250 pings on hong kong or other servers [reliance BB]

theserpent

Firecracker to the moon
is nipun's server gonna be there for a long time...
i might download tf2 again as i don't have any game to play :(
last time i played it, all Indian servers had vanished and i never get >250 pings on hong kong or other servers [reliance BB]

Thats good right?You dont get pings more than 250 :mrgreen:
Yea Nipuns server timing
24 hours still april 1st(As his school opens on 2nd)

and 3 or 4 pm still 10 pm in his school days.
24 Hours IN HOLIDAYS

Top Bottom