Take the Blind Test!

robbinghood

Journeyman
Gsmarena has put up a Blind test comparing shots of the follwing devices

This is where the blind test comes in. We want to provide a no-hype, no-nonsense look at how good the PureView camera really is, without the rampant fanboy-ism that surrounds all popular brands and devices.

Here, we'll post just the results from the shootout, and randomly designate each contestant with a letter from A - F. You're welcome to guess which device stands behind each of the letters, but that's not the main point here.

We've aimed to select some of the best in the cameraphone game. Here's the full list of participants (in no particular order).

1 Nokia 808 PureView (8MP PureView mode)
2 HTC One X
3 iPhone 4S
4 Samsung Galaxy S III
5 Nokia N8 (downsampled from 12MP to 8MP)
6 Olympus E-PL2 interchangable lens, large sensor
camera(downsampledfrom 12MP to 8MP)

View the pictures and vote in the Comment section!

Nokia 808 PureView blind test: The sum of all pixels - GSMArena.com

Reiterating here, PureView, as a technology should be appreciated and impressive. Whether it achieves enough sells or not is another question.
I am impressed by PureView and Nokia's desire to give something radically different and innovation. Great job Nokia!

In the above blind test, E and F are best. However, E has most accurate color reproduction. My vote for E. I think E is Nokia PureView, and F might be the camera.

OP
R

robbinghood

Journeyman
Thanks man for taking the test, the pureview might be 'E' itself, waiting for the results.

Other members do take the Blind Test!

Top Bottom