Take MAX Out of Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThinkFree

Technomancer
1. Need to open same sites every time you use opera? try this
Open all the sites that you want to open each time you start opera,Go to SESSIONS in FILE menu ( or press ALT>f>i>s after a little delay between each keystroke) and click on SAVE THIS SESSION. Enter any name in the box that opens and check box next to "Show these tabs and windows every time I start Opera" . Click OK.Now these tabs would start every time you start opera.

Use Session manager( press ALT>f>i>m) to modify any settings related to the session you have made.

Not to mention of Speed dial which allows you to open upto 9 addresses by pressing CTRL + (number correposnding to the shortcut of webpage you want to open)

2.Accidently closed a tab? Why worry, use this:
See right hand corner at the bar which shows open tabs. You would see a icon there(similar to windows recycle bin) with a downward arrow.Click on the arrow and you would see the list of tabs you have closed recently. Just click on the option/name of tab you accidently deleted and that would open again.

You can also use "lock tab" feature to prevent accidental closure of tabs. Just right click on an open tab you want to lock and click on LOCK TAB.Now this tab can't be closed unless it is unlocked.

3. Useful keyboard shortcuts

Bookmark page - ALT(hold) + B(twice) or CTRL + D
Open new tab - CTRL + T
Open new windows- CTRL + N
Print Preview- SHIFT + P
Print - CTRL + P
Exit - CTRL + Q
Copy to note _ CTRL + SHIFT + C
toggle panels on /off- F4
Full screen ON/Off- F11
Small screen On / Off - SHIFT + F11
See security information of current site- CTRL + I
see full details about links on curent page: CTRL + J
Move cursor to address bar: F2 or CTRL + L
Tile tabs vertically-SHIFT + F6
Tile tabs horizontally- ALT + F6
Compose mail- ALT + M +C or CTRL + E
Unread mail- ALT + M +R
Check for new mail-ALT+M+H+c or CTRL + K

4. Use CTRL + Middle mouse key to zoom in/out.

nileshgr

Wise Old Owl
gr8 tut.

@praka

I know from your title that u r a FSE. :D I am too. I love OSS products very much. But Opera is so gr8 that it does not matter that is it OSS product or not. Opera is simply irresitable!

praka123

left this forum longback
The Unknown said:
gr8 tut.

@praka

I know from your title that u r a FSE. :D I am too. I love OSS products very much. But Opera is so gr8 that it does not matter that is it OSS product or not. Opera is simply irresitable!
dude.this was posted on Open Source section until mod moved it to review section .so &&

hcp006sl

Journeyman
New tweaks

1. Ctrl + H = Hide to tray.
  2. Tools -> Appearance -> Buttons -> Preferences -> Drag and Drop the item 'Identify as Internet Explorer' tool in any toolbar -> OK. Now choose the option 'Identify as Internet Explorer' and check the DataOne uses record even at Linux where no IE is available.

Status
Not open for further replies.