Systemworks and Suits...

Status
Not open for further replies.

khandu

In the zone
I have been a long time user of Norton And Mcafee..

Now they provide

Norton Internet Suit 2005
Norton Systemworks 2005

Mcafee Internet Suit

Are these useful ?? or just resource hungry applications..

I mean I didnt like Systemworks that much..

What u ppl think ???

saROMan

QA Juggler
Well these Suits are collection of Apps at One Place...so better to go vor a Site than for Individual Applications ....as far as being resource hungry ...it depends on what your System Config is....for eg..Insted of Installing Norton Internet Suite on p3-500 its better to Set it on Fire(literally) or hmm Open the Cabinet Panel (while ur Compuer is Running Offcource)and Pour a jug of Water in it :D:D ..Belive me am telling it out of experience ,
I Have tryed Installing Norton Firewall 2005 on my Machine .. :(

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Both sux .. IMHO .. You just need NAV 2005 .. It have a built in Firewall which is more than sufficient for home user .. NIS sux lotta resources .. So does McAfee's . .. Systemworks isnt worth it ..

enoonmai

Cyborg Agent
While I agree with Bruce Wayne's alter-ego, I recommend Trend Micro's PC-Cillin Internet Suite 2005. One of the best security programs I've had the pleasure of working with on the PC. Plus, its nowhere near as resource-hungry as the McAfee and Symantec suites.

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi
NAV2005 is more than enough for a Home user, but if u have "System Works", u can learn a lot by experimenting.... So if u really interested in knowing more abt ur system, etc.,, It is worth it. I installed it and learned a lot...

Regards,
Ramprasad

swatkat

Technomancer
These Suites are resource hungry.
Go for NOD32 AntiVirus and ZoneAlarm Free Firewall, best combination!

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
well i am useing winXP pro SP2 with NIS05 from quite a few month....

there is major backlog... that is the slowdown of ur system..... well nis does a very good job of add & popup blocking, it did kept me from virus infaction free..... one thing that i hated that is the updating... nis doesnt support resuming.... for internet sicurity smantec issues larg updates... almost 30mb at a time....

the fire wall is give me a lot of problem..... i try very hard to voice chat behind the fire wall...... but just couldnt find any option to free the ports used in Y!.......

all in alll its a mixed experince....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom