System restarts on its own

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhi_shake

Broken In
My pc restarts on its own from time to time. Sometimes even while booting up it restarts.........when i'm working on a file it just restarts and i lose my work...also some prograzms have gone corrupt........ why is this happening? also plz tell me how to stop it.

martian

Broken In
If RAM was the Culprit, your PC won't be booting up in the first place! I think the problem is probably with your SMPS (PC's Power Supply Unit)... It's not able to provide enough power to your hardware.

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
martian said:
If RAM was the Culprit, your PC won't be booting up in the first place! I think the problem is probably with your SMPS (PC's Power Supply Unit)... It's not able to provide enough power to your hardware.
no you are wrong. it could be bad RAM.
@ABHI: u should turn off quick boot from ur BIOS and then see whether the ram test passes. or if u want to do it with style and u have lots of time and want to know for sure then use 'memtest'

there could be some driver/device problem or some other software triggred restart.

do this>right click on my computer>click properties>advanced>start up and recovery settings>here uncheck "automatically restart" under system failure.

this way if it is a soft/OS problem u will see a blue screen. then post that error here.

Last edited:

akshayt

Wise Old Owl
could be old bios or incompatible ram or other software related problem. When did you last install the os?

shaunak

Tux Fan
could be that your reboot button on your cabinate is stuck. it happened to me!
open your cabinate and detach the wire labled "reboot" from your mobo and see.
ps:it could be labled something else. check you mobo manual for the right connector. its a thin wire.

gaurav21r

Journeyman
ya, tht'll help the rebooting problem.

Might i suggest Office XP and higher? Always use software with data recovery features. It's almost a must for Indian Users with freq power cuts and Voltage irregularities...

OK....freq. restarts.......MUST BE OVERHEATING..........get a better cabinet or if u already have.......check the airflow.

samrulez

Cyborg Agent
Check if all the memory modules are inplace......try them in an other comp...Run 1 module at a time and check....Are all the ram settings at default...no overclocks right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom