System required urgently within 28k.

rahul777

Broken In
I am planning to purchase a system urgently. Pl. Help
1. What is the purpose of the computer? (Note: If you are planning to say multimedia, you will have to be more specific as all types of systems are capable of doing that)
A:Auto Cad 2010, Coral Draw 15, 3DS Max etc.
2. Are you open to alternate ideas/products giving similar better performance but offering more VFM/ sellers? If not- why?
A:Yes
3. What is your MAX budget?
A:28K
4. Planning to overclock?
A:no
5. Which OS are you planning to use?
A:windows xp
6. How much hard drive space is needed?
A:500 gb
7. What resolution will the screen run at & whats the size of the screen you want?
A:13** by 9** (20")
8. How would you rate your hardware knowledge from the count of 1-10? (1 being the lowest, 5 being you are somewhat in sync with the current performers and 10 being the highest)
A:5
9. Have you ever built a desktop before or will this be done by an assembler?
A:built before
10. When are you planning to buy the system?
A:maximum within 7 days 11.
Are you one of the types looking out for "future proof" configurations?
A: not particularly.
12. Are there going to be any components that you don't want to include in this new rig? If yes, do mention.
A:none.
13. Which city do you live in and are you open to buying from shops from other city/states?
A:Lucknow, No.
14. Mention any other points if deemed necessary
A:None.

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
Athlon II x4 635 @ 5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.4k
2 * 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 5k
WD 500GB @ 2k
LG H55N DVD @ 1k
FSP saga II 400W @ 2k
CM elite 310 @ 1.5k
DELL 18.5" Monitor @ 6k
Logitech Keyboard & Mouse @ 0.7k

Total - 27.6k

tboss

Broken In
I will suggest you to go for Acer Aspire IQ 4835M Desktop which comes with the following configuration:
Intel Core 2 Quad 2.5GHz, 2GB, 500GB, DVD Writer, 18.5", Keyboard PS2, Mouse PS2, DOS.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
Are you serious about 3ds max or just some casual usage for learning purpose? coz that system by jas seriously lacks the power to handle that type of tasks if you get to higher levels. Of course, it's tough or even impossible to fit in a workstation card in your budget. But it doesn't seem you are gonna do some serious rendering stuff on that PC.

Cool Buddy

Wise Old Owl
yeah right, You gave the best you could. Perhaps reducing to tri-core & getting FSP Saga II 350W & getting Biostar TA785G3 HD @ 4K, OP may be able to fit in HD4670 512MB in the config. Then by pairing the IGP & the GFX Card in hybrid xfire the performance may be increased somewhat.
Is it possible to pair the two in hybrid xfire? I thought it is, but after consulting AMD forum, I suppose it isn't

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
hybrid crossfire will be useless...both are gaming cards only na...
though i dont know which cards can be paired...i think very low end ones....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^ HD3450, HD4350 & another card. fogotten the name. Hybrid Xfire is a very bad option. performance is just BAD.

OP
R

rahul777

Broken In
Are you serious about 3ds max or just some casual usage for learning purpose? coz that system by jas seriously lacks the power to handle that type of tasks if you get to higher levels. Of course, it's tough or even impossible to fit in a workstation card in your budget. But it doesn't seem you are gonna do some serious rendering stuff on that PC.

Well you are right.

---------- Post added at 12:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:12 PM ----------

Athlon II x4 635 @ 5k
Gigabyte GA-880GM-UD2H @ 4.4k
2 * 2GB DDR3 1333MHz @ 5k
WD 500GB @ 2k
LG H55N DVD @ 1k
FSP saga II 400W @ 2k
CM elite 310 @ 1.5k
DELL 18.5" Monitor @ 6k
Logitech Keyboard & Mouse @ 0.7k

Total - 27.6k

Processor and Motherboard not available in Lko. Budget could be increased a bit. I have confirmed from the friend for wom it is meant.He already has the Optical drive.

Top Bottom